Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board maintenance/issues/features

+9
Yoren longshore
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Baelon Drakeson
Benedict Marsten
Jon Cobb
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Reader
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Board maintenance/issues/features - Page 2 Empty Re: Board maintenance/issues/features

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Jon Cobb wrote:Hmm, was there a (hidden) password already entered in the New Password field for any of you? I always get that when I go to Edit Account Settings.

I finally managed to change my user name by deleting that, entering my e-mail again (thanks Ben!) and then typing my current password in the bottommost field (thanks Theomore and Baelon!)

You're welcome, Jayne! Er, I mean Jon. Razz

No, I neither had an invisible password (that I could tell, anyway) nor did i need to reenter my email address. I suspect the difference might have to do with browser settings, in particular whether your browser is remembering your password for you and whether or not it is set to remember/pre-fill form fields.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Board maintenance/issues/features - Page 2 Empty Re: Board maintenance/issues/features

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:55 pm

It would appear that uploading a picture to an imagehost and then linking it gets you past the limitation on up-loadable file-size. Much better quality on the avatar now Smile
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Is there a way to hide/collapse text in posts to separate it from the rest intended to be visible? Like with a page break or a spoiler tag?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:Is there a way to hide/collapse text in posts to separate it from the rest intended to be visible? Like with a page break or a spoiler tag?
There doesn't seem to be anything like that built in, but I suppose you could always
Code:
[
color=#EFEFFF]
make your text close to the background color.
[
/color]
Which would look like:

<
<
BEGIN DUMMY POST>
>

This is the regular part of the post.
SPOILER:
This is the hidden part of the post.
<
<
END DUMMY POST>
>

Then the reader can highlight the text to read it. Not ideal, especially because i know that Reader sometimes uses a tablet (and highlighting can be a pain). Alternately, you could post the "
spoiler"
material in a another thread and link to it. Of course, that means you are making two posts instead of one, which would be annoying.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Has anyone else been getting timeouts trying to load the forums lately? It's not happening consistently, but sporadically over the last couple of days... and it's not affecting any of my other web activities, so it is likely to be forumatic specifically.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Baelon wrote:Has anyone else been getting timeouts trying to load the forums lately? It's not happening consistently, but sporadically over the last couple of days... and it's not affecting any of my other web activities, so it is likely to be forumatic specifically.

Yes. Always at more or less the same time (between 8am-2pm UTC)

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Double post. Sorry.

Last edited by 155 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Triple post. Sorry.

Last edited by 155 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:28 pm

I haven't noticed any specific times, but I have experienced the forums denying me...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Yes, I've experienced this around nighttime same as Baelon, when it's just not loading the page, and Firefox is like "
I dunno what to tell ya, check your connection??"
Thankfully in the middle of posting, you can go back to the previous page because it's already loaded and copy-paste your reply to a blank document for later.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:58 pm

:? Rather ridiculous at this point. I can not even move forward a screen with out going backwards at least once. Will not be much work on here from me today I guess.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:23 pm

All of forumatic has been down regularly for a few days. Will investigate moving the forum and will pm new link and post it to the roninarmy.com forums if necessary. Sorry all and thanks for the feedback.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Will this whole forum get lost? Will we lose old threads? Will it still be any way to access these forums?
Sorry the stream of questions, I'm about as techologically insightful as a post-fire caveman... I can at least use kindle Razz

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Will this whole forum get lost? Will we lose old threads? Will it still be any way to access these forums?
Sorry the stream of questions, I'm about as techologically insightful as a post-fire caveman... I can at least use kindle Razz

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:03 pm

No, fear not. If I move things I should be able to download things and reupload or even port things directly to a new host. Investigating options this week.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Loreia wrote:Yes, I've experienced this around nighttime same as Baelon, when it's just not loading the page, and Firefox is like "
I dunno what to tell ya, check your connection??"
Thankfully in the middle of posting, you can go back to the previous page because it's already loaded and copy-paste your reply to a blank document for later.

I just use Lazarus form recovery, must-have plug-in.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote::? Rather ridiculous at this point. I can not even move forward a screen with out going backwards at least once. Will not be much work on here from me today I guess.
eep. THAT is bad - much worse than anything I've experienced.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Sounds bad, yeah. I've not had any issues for a while, but I may just be lucky/on at the right times.

If we were going to switch forums, I'd ideally like to go to one that's compatible with Tapatalk.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:57 pm

My forum has worked quite good today, is that so for others?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

yeah, so far

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:19 pm

no problems today.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Baelon wrote:no problems today.

Same.

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:53 am

So far so good. <
looks around with paranoia>
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:05 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:So far so good. <
looks around with paranoia>

Either we scared it by talking about leaving, or I'm magical. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:16 am

It could have been the Russian hackers done with their DNC work and on to something MUCH more interesting.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next