Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 17 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=183&
t=1925&
start=140#p56359

Someone get me a tankard, this is gonna be good.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 17 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Another duel to the death. I was getting bored. It's been hours.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Weep.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Two deaths in the same thread? You guys are devilishly efficient :;
):

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Jesus wept.

I think we all need some sit down time.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Jesus wept.

I think we all need some sit down time.
Yes, we will need some sit down time...
I'll be sitting down in front of my computer waiting for some good drama!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:00 pm

What he said Laughing

Unfortunately the voice of reason has left the intrigue, now all that is left is the mad dog of Dulver

*barking and howling incoming*
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Ser Raynald, I like his character, a true heel Smile

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:04 pm

That thread is like a horror movie that just won't end Surprised
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:07 pm

I dislike the lack of punctuation, particularly after I told people to hit minimum standards on this.

viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=1787&
p=52139&
hilit=Punctuation#p52139

None of us are Cormac McCarthy.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Its the night of the living dead, it just will not die :;
):
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Reader wrote:I dislike the lack of punctuation, particularly after I told people to hit minimum standards on this.

viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=1787&
p=52139&
hilit=Punctuation#p52139

None of us are Cormac McCarthy.

Bumping my own post.

The lack of punctuation only pours salt in to the wounds of that thread.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Sorry for my poor skills at english guys, but I believe I'm improving. Well, I'm trying at least!
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:Sorry for my poor skills at english guys, but I believe I'm improving. Well, I'm trying at least! HEH!

Please us orthodox punctuation for IC posts - quotation marks for direct speech at a minimum instead of colouring it red. This was requested previously and isn't an English issue. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:47 pm

That's what you mean by punctuation? Lol, I thought you were talking about points and small marks on the text, like (!,.;
Smile. I never understood that my speech should be inside a quotation. Sorry, I'll do that.
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:49 pm

To be fair I didn't know either! so it's a good thing to know, not that I've been talking much.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:That's what you mean by punctuation? Lol, I thought you were talking about points and small marks on the text, like (!,.;
Smile. I never understood that my speech should be inside a quotation. Sorry, I'll do that.

Thanks! Smile

Old post I just linked to does note the requirement for quotation marks for direct speech too.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:52 pm

But let me object about this. I find it very dull and hard to read a block of monolitic text that is completely indistinguishable (quotation marks is too small a mark to my taste), that's why I use red, not only because suits my character concept and make him unique amongst the others, but also for me to quickly distinguish my posts from other players and quickly see how much the game has advanced since my last post. Still, I'll do as you say, because I never wanted to go against the rules. Sorry!
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Done. I'm crying here. My colors were so beautiful =~~~~

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 17 Changed.png
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Reader wrote:
Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:That's what you mean by punctuation? Lol, I thought you were talking about points and small marks on the text, like (!,.;

Thanks! Smile

Old post I just linked to does note the requirement for quotation marks for direct speech too.

Yes, as I said I really misunderstood what you asked, because in portuguese punctuation (Pontuação) usually refers only to correct use of marks to separate sentences and phrases. So I thought that you were basically asking everyone to watch for grammar. And I was under the impression that by saying "
quotation marks"
you were referring to this: [quote ][/ quote]. So it was really a silly misunderstanding caused by my limited english, my friend!
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm sorry guys, I'm really ashamed, I know it is a basic translation but what can I do, I really misunderstood what you said earlier!
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm

It's a simple mistake :;
): we've all done them! This isn't really very serious either, just a slip in communication!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Well, I'm editing all my posts to fix this!
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:10 pm

You can use a line break between paragraphs to break up the text into smaller chunks. That way, it won't be just a wall of text, if that helps. Smile

I generally give direct speech (longer than one sentence) it's own paragraph too. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine had drifted far from the squabbling around her, but now she stood up and strode towards the fray;

"
Lord Baelon and Ser Raynald, please stand down. Fighting amongst ourselves will help nothing!"

Raynald was energic, it was clear to see. There was a fanaticism in his stare, and joy as well, almost if he had dreams about this moment. He looked like a child wanting for a gift. But Corrine's voice pulled him from his thoughts, and as a response he turned to the woman, reading her up and down with his histeric eyes. "
You want this to be resolved without MORE blood? -He smiled, changing his glare towards the presents. "
-Hah! Very well then. Show me that this is what you want! Ensure that your friends here WILL show everything they have discovered on this matter, woman! Why all the secrecy? What do you fear?"
-He pressed his eyes, leaning over her. "
-Or perhaps it is I that should fear having an arrow in my back all of the sudden?"

I think this was great! It's simple narrative that let's the dialogue speak for itself, are you sure you're not English Razz

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next