Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 18 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:15 pm

My experience is that the general level of written English proficiency on the internet goes like this:

1. Brits and others from places where English is the mother tongue, except the US.
2. Europeans.
3. Americans.
4. Others.

Then there's cases like me who could probably fool people hearing me speak English into believing I am a Brit (or at least have been an exchange student there or something) right up until the point where I have to answer questions that reveals that I have never been there at all.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 18 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Where are you from then, Theo? Within Europe, there is another clear distinction:
1) The Nordics
2) Everybody else

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Norway.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:Well, I'm editing all my posts to fix this!

Cheers! Makes things much easier for other players and the narrator. No need to change old stuff bar maybe very recent stuff in iron mine.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:31 pm

I believe italics, quotation marks and regular text are all we need.

There's no wild formatting and colorful text while I'm reading a book, why would it exist here?

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:20 pm

You can still color your text if you want, but quotations for spoken dialogue are a requirement. That's just how we do it.

Alright, no more talk of grammar and punctuation, this is for awesome moments! Moments, full of Awe! And Some!
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:14 am

Dunstan Tullison wrote:I believe italics, quotation marks and regular text are all we need.

There's no wild formatting and colorful text while I'm reading a book, why would it exist here?

I just like using colour to identify inner voice. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:54 pm

The only true knight present, a bastard son between a retired Bracken knight and a Blackwood vassal - I love these little details!

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=1993#p59121

and
viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=1973

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:The only true knight present, a bastard son between a retired Bracken knight and a Blackwood vassal - I love these little details!

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=1993#p59121

and
viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=1973

Cheers - I am glad this story was unearthed! Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes that's about to become clearer. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Out picking some special herbs for the night Yoren hears a big explosion from the inn. As he runs over he sees the entire building in fiery flames. Yoren is completely unfaced by the fire as he jumps in the window.

[url=Courage to not fear wildfire][/url]: 5d6 18
[url=Bonus dice from training with coldbrooks to will.][/url]:
(So a total of 23, one away from 4dos...)

He gets from the fire mysteriously unscathed and he continues to run in the tavern. Anybody he meets on the way he asks to crawl on the floor towards the exit, although he himself doesn't heed his own advice. If it's his time to die this is the way he'd want to go.

[url=Endurance to avoid injury][/url]: 3d6+3 10
Thank R'llor for that plus 3

Running into the stable he sees a big destrier running amok, but he's quickly by it's side to help others to calm it down, before rescuing it out. People are able to save themselves, but a horse, locked in eternal bondage is often doomed under these circumstances, but today Yoren had other plans.

[url=Taming Ser Arryks destrier with pious dice.][/url]: 5d6k4 20 forgot plus 3 for a total of 23 2DOS towards saving NPCs from the GM.

After the fact Yoren has a sitdown perioulosly close to the fire, attempting to see who's missing.
[url=Cunningly deduce the arson.][/url]: 4d6k3 17 (possibly +3 from will, for 20 if it still counts.)

Rewards
Hero of the hour: 46 (If I win the first ignore this.)
Arryk Cargyls horse: 23

This (together With Arlyns several efforts) proves that Orokos knows when it would make sense for a pc to make it.
Firepriest vs fire=really good rolls.
Good septon Vs wounds= Really good rolls.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Seriously, those rolls were on fire!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Forget rolls. I'm all about dat love story.

That's how you roleplay passing a courage test.

Nathaniel Mason wrote:As usual, this was vetted by Reader for NPC use.
Nathan blinks, lifting his face from the dirt. How did I get on the ground? He shakes his head. The world is silent. Ser Jon kneels next to him. He looks fearful. He is speaking, but nothing seems to come out. The Knight helps him to a sitting position. When did the world turn green? Slowly both sound and realization return as Nathan sees the Inn. It is a nightmare. Nathan tries to remember what happened. The boy, the wagon, the shout of defiance. By the Gods. The fools. Aemond will slaughter hundreds in retaliation for this if he lives. Mother have mercy.

"
Someone needs to take command Jon."
shouts Nathan partly to be heard over the roar, partly to hear himself.

He rises. The armor he wore probably saving his life from the shrapnel. He first looks to Edmund. The man is dazed but unhurt. "
We need to help people get to safety."
he shouts. Edmund hears. He seems to understand.

Nathan knew that every second was life and death. Tearing off his torn cloak, he ran to a nearby horse-trough and began soaking it in the water.

"
You can't be serious!"
exclaimed Jon. "
That won't help against wildfire!"

"
It will help against the normal fire and the smoke."

"
You don't have to do this!"

"
I don't have to do this. I NEED to do this."

"
Give me the cloak. I'll go."

"
Your needed here Jon."
said Nathan firmly. "
These people need a leader. You are a noble from a neutral noble House and well respected. People will listen to you in a way they won't listen to me. I am also expendable, you're not."

Jon grabbed Nathan by the arms. "
You're not expendable!"

Nathan wrapped his arms around Jon's neck and kissed him. "
Have you learned nothing about me in all these months."
Pulling away, Nathan wrapped the sodden cloak around his head and shoulders. "
I am not what others think I am. I am what I choose to be. Choices have consequences. Just like you, I will look the Stranger in the eye on the day he comes for me. If that is today, then so be it. I will not run from him. Now do as I ask... please."

Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:28 am

Reader wrote:Forget rolls. I'm all about dat love story.

That's how you roleplay passing a courage test.

Nathaniel Mason wrote:As usual, this was vetted by Reader for NPC use.
Nathan blinks, lifting his face from the dirt. How did I get on the ground? He shakes his head. The world is silent. Ser Jon kneels next to him. He looks fearful. He is speaking, but nothing seems to come out. The Knight helps him to a sitting position. When did the world turn green? Slowly both sound and realization return as Nathan sees the Inn. It is a nightmare. Nathan tries to remember what happened. The boy, the wagon, the shout of defiance. By the Gods. The fools. Aemond will slaughter hundreds in retaliation for this if he lives. Mother have mercy.

"
Someone needs to take command Jon."
shouts Nathan partly to be heard over the roar, partly to hear himself.

He rises. The armor he wore probably saving his life from the shrapnel. He first looks to Edmund. The man is dazed but unhurt. "
We need to help people get to safety."
he shouts. Edmund hears. He seems to understand.

Nathan knew that every second was life and death. Tearing off his torn cloak, he ran to a nearby horse-trough and began soaking it in the water.

"
You can't be serious!"
exclaimed Jon. "
That won't help against wildfire!"

"
It will help against the normal fire and the smoke."

"
You don't have to do this!"

"
I don't have to do this. I NEED to do this."

"
Give me the cloak. I'll go."

"
Your needed here Jon."
said Nathan firmly. "
These people need a leader. You are a noble from a neutral noble House and well respected. People will listen to you in a way they won't listen to me. I am also expendable, you're not."

Jon grabbed Nathan by the arms. "
You're not expendable!"

Nathan wrapped his arms around Jon's neck and kissed him. "
Have you learned nothing about me in all these months."
Pulling away, Nathan wrapped the sodden cloak around his head and shoulders. "
I am not what others think I am. I am what I choose to be. Choices have consequences. Just like you, I will look the Stranger in the eye on the day he comes for me. If that is today, then so be it. I will not run from him. Now do as I ask... please."

I too am big on the love stories, especially that one.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:[url=Sensitive Stomach - Royal Arrival (TN12)][/url]: 4d6+1 7 -1D to future rolls. Throw up.

[url=Royal Arrival - Regain control of stomach -1D (TN12)][/url]: 4d6k3 7 -1D penalty remains. Throw up again.

Hero of the Hour: Hahahahahaha. No.

I for one think this is just awesome! heh.

My heart goes out to you.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Daveth Coldbrook wrote:[url=Sensitive Stomach - Royal Arrival (TN12)][/url]: 4d6+1 7 -1D to future rolls. Throw up.

[url=Royal Arrival - Regain control of stomach -1D (TN12)][/url]: 4d6k3 7 -1D penalty remains. Throw up again.

Hero of the Hour: Hahahahahaha. No.

I for one think this is just awesome! heh.

My heart goes out to you.

Agreed, I'm all about people failing and making scenes work. What does Eddard say to Bran about being afraid?

Think one other PC may be in a similar situation. Twisted Evil
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:33 pm

He says it's the only time a man can truly be brave.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=193&
t=2103&
start=10#p59751

No narrator interference necessary to make out Kingsguard candidate rescue one of the Royal blood (complete with appropriately snarky response from Prince Aemond!). One thing I like about PbP games with a wide cast is how well earned moments like this seem, unlike with a smaller group a character's successes and opportunities haven't been tailored to him/her.

Plus as noted below, there's some potential for long-term tragedy to make this a greyer deed than it first appears.

Reader wrote:On Ser Jorah saving Prince Aemond: firstly, the dice obviously want Ser Jorah to be considered for the Kingsguard given all the hard work the Blacks put in during Story 1. Smile

Secondly:

Ser Barristan the Bold saves King Aerys and all men laud him for it, although he himself at times regrets it for the unintended consequences.

Ser Jaime Lannister slays King Lannister and all men despise him for it, although he saved thousands in doing so.

Ser Jorah has acted in a praiseworthy, bold manner that will be widely praised by both sides IC (Greens - he saved one of ours! Blacks - our preferred canditate for the Kingsguard will now be trusted by the other side, and he's as brave and talented as we hoped!).

Yet this may end up mirroring the Barristan case noted above, if Prince Aemond commits half the outrages described in the histories.

A neat way that we've inadvertently ended up foreshadowing (chronologically in the game's world at least) the books. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:28 pm

[url:2mjknhav]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=175&
t=2169&
p=60729#p60699[/url:2mjknhav]

Psh, look at this flattery, the imitation of the Septon's stunning failure (twice!) Obviously was just a ruse for Sam to skate on in. I mean with all the attention turned to the Septon, who would expect a little cleaner to be an agent of one of the houses? :;
):
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url:2upq40w3]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=175&
t=2169&
p=60729#p60699[/url:2upq40w3]

Psh, look at this flattery, the imitation of the Septon's stunning failure (twice!) Obviously was just a ruse for Sam to skate on in. I mean with all the attention turned to the Septon, who would expect a little cleaner to be an agent of one of the houses? :;
):

Truly, your cunning knows no bounds (knows no beginning surely?). Laughing
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Enjoying all the responses in the Vhaghar appreciation thread. :;
):

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=2147

Good work on "
failing"
the roll from various people and a good sign to have so many response in a thread with no mechanical repercussions: we've got the right type of players who care about the world.

I liked Daveth's scholarly reaction, Corrine's mixture of awe and worry at the return of an old foe, Baelon's family issues, various Marstens and Loreia botching the roll and many other posts in there. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Reader wrote:
Septon Arlyn wrote:[url:32nhak2q]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=175&
t=2169&
p=60729#p60699[/url:32nhak2q]

):

Truly, your cunning knows no bounds (knows no beginning surely?). Laughing

I've done it! I've made it into an Awesome moment in Dragons Dance, Yeah Very Happy

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Her mother's daughter (not always a compliment for a child of Isobel Marsten, but a positive in this case):

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine re-entered, her expression hard and cold, her arms folded. She stood at the head of the table, and surveyed the room. She took a deep breath, then began to speak.

"
Distinguished guests, welcome. Thank you for coming. I have gathered you here to address certain issues that have become apparent, particularly in the light of yesterday's events at Battle Valley. It has come to my attention that, despite being called to collaborate on investigating the crimes ostensibly committed by Houses Bracken and Blackwood, that most investigators are not, in fact, acting in the spirit of these instructions. I have been told infuriating stories of investigators guarding information and refusing to co-operate with one another. And, ultimately, these failures to properly communicate have led to the death of an investigator, losing a vital source of pertinent information."

She scanned the room with an icy blue gaze. Her voice was level, carefully intoned, though the more perceptive in the room could hear the tension and suppressed anger deep in her throat.

"
Those of you who have failed to report to me and share information with your fellow investigators;
shame on you! The King charged us with finding the truth, dispensing his justice, and working to establish peace. This investigation is not your personal political springboard!"

She caught her jaw and fists tightening, her voice raised, and forced her ire back down into her chest again, though it burned within her, eager to burst out over them all like dragonfire.

"
From now on, there are going to be changes, and some rules, in the hope of preventing yesterday's fiasco from happening again with someone else, and to get us all working together, like we should have been in the first place. Once I have laid these out, I will discuss yesterday's occurrence at the mines, and what is to come of that. I will also deal with another, most troubling matter that has come to my attention. Then, we will share our findings so far, in turn, so that we can go out into the world today and be more wise, efficient investigators."

She paused a moment to breathe deeply.

"
Firstly, from today onwards, every investigator House must compile a report on their day's findings, to be delivered to me personally by nightfall. Between early and mid-morning the following day, I will distribute sealed letters for the Head of each investigating House, appraising them of the collated information. That way, we will all be pooling our resources, and we avoid treading on old ground and eachother's toes. If you have something you consider too sensitive to make public, you may meet with me privately, but I insist on being appraised of all developments. If you object to this out of concens for my ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain neutrality, then you should not be here. I am the chief arbiter of this investigation, appointed specifically by the Crown. If you cannot accept my authority, go home. Now is your chance."

She stared at each person individually, and it was as though the ice queen, Isobel Marsten, was yet among them, her eyes freezing men's marrow, the room colder in the presence of her displeasure.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 pm

I spent several hours on that. And that's only part 1. There is more bollocking to come. I am sure nobody will leave, but I felt it natural to have a pause for thought.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:40 pm

/ IC thoughts and reactions. I approve :;
):
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 pm

I liked it! Although Yoren will start to feel offended, I love such posts! No more missis nice woman!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next