Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven Against Wyl - the arrayed forces

+9
Nathaniel Mason
Baelon Drakeson
Ser Walton Dulver
Yoren longshore
Theomore Tullison
Kevan Lyras
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Reader
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Seven Against Wyl - the arrayed forces - Page 5 Empty Re: Seven Against Wyl - the arrayed forces

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:06 pm

any idea when we'll be good to go with this one?
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Seven Against Wyl - the arrayed forces - Page 5 Empty Re: Seven Against Wyl - the arrayed forces

Post by Reader Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:I suppose it would be agreeable if they were on opposite sides Twisted Evil

Now you're thinking!

Walton, start of this one is largely up to the players, I'm busy with other things I'm afraid.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 pm

We need the dragon to appear and do it's thing, basically. I do believe I sent you a pm about it (says you didn't read it, however).

And for you to post over-the-wall mechanics.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:We need the dragon to appear and do it's thing, basically. I do believe I sent you a pm about it (says you didn't read it, however).

There's a Pm from today called "pestering" that I wisely haven't read. One of only two yet to be opened. Wink

First over the wall can wait, it's more of a chance for someone to overextend them-self and die horribly/be ransomed.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Reader wrote:Ser Harbert is quite definitely there because he won't share the battlefield with a Tarly. Ser Alayne Tarly specifically. Twisted Evil
I think there's a missing "not" somewhere up there, but (assuming so), yeah, that's my thinking.  Sending Aerion (and some Baratheon men-at-arms or whatever) could be a way for him to still contribute to the war effort against the filthy Dornishmen (what Stormlord doesn't want to sock it to the Dornish?!), but without him having to back down and share the field with Ser Alayne.

ETA: just so I can keep track while I play from home ( Wink ) and try to wrap my head around the mass combat rules, which of the four 'trained' cavalry units has Aerion been assigned to, oh gathered lords and war-leaders?

Last edited by Aerion Storm on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Reader wrote:
Theomore Tullison wrote:We need the dragon to appear and do it's thing, basically. I do believe I sent you a pm about it (says you didn't read it, however).

There's a Pm from today called "pestering" that I wisely haven't read. One of only two yet to be opened. Wink

First over the wall can wait, it's more of a chance for someone to overextend them-self and die horribly/be ransomed.

It's called enter the dragon.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Can I goad some NPC into trying it?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Oh that is just so you! Laughing Send someone nobody likes, poor bastard.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Any suggestions?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:02 pm

*Checks list* If they're present, I would suggest Ulf White or Hugh Hammer if either of them are Green and present. Or just present, for the heck of it (they'd probably survive too, or get ransomed). Otherwise I'm afraid I spoke too soon.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Theo/Main battle: +1 point Green [Aemond]
Jorah/Pass battle: Draw (Dornish forces retreat upon the fall of Wyl)
Kevan/Plains battle: defeat, no points awarded
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm

I think you missed this one:

- Sum the number of PC units involved in combat scenes, whichever of Green/Black houses risks most troops adds +1 to the Green/Black score.

I think the tally being 2 from Tullison, 2 from Marsten (three out of four from banner houses though) on black side, with 2 from Redwain and 1 from Dulver on green (And 2 from Longshore that never surfaced in any on-screen battle). There was an archer unit with Black Aly courtesy of Coldbrooks and one Connington unit courtesy of Trelane, but I am not sure if either of those counts as PC units.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Yep, you are right; I fully admit to the off-season wrap-up prioritizing speed over thoroughness. It's been a unresolved for too long.

Black Aly & troops participated on behalf of House Marsten (negotiated with Blackwoods prior to the wedding). House Marsten put effort/resources into recruiting them as mercenaries, so they count for Marsten.

Connington troops participated on behalf of House Connington (though Trelane's presence may have influenced that).

The only PC units that really faced a credible threat were the Marsten banner units fielded with Kevan. However, that is largely a consequence of how this played out; houses contributing troops couldn't know that going in, and it probably would have been different if it weren't for OOC factors, so I'm not going to hold that against anyone. All the PC units were assigned to combat scenes; all would have met the criteria if all the battles had been played out.

That means:
4 Longshore (inc Redwain)
3 Marsten
2 Tullison
1 Dulver

1 Green point earned by House Longshore.
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum