Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

+33
Jon Templeton
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ereth Redwain
Davain Bartheld
Marq Mooton
Samurel Manderly
Ser Walton Dulver
Luecian LongBow
Derrock Swann
Maester Colton
Reader
Septon Arlyn
Dyana Marsten
Jon Cobb
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Daveth Coldbrook
Kevan Lyras
Leifnarr Longshore
Garret Snow
Baelon Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Athelstan
Tristain Croson
Colin Corbray
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Yoren longshore
37 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings) - Page 19 Empty Re: Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:17 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:Well If the briar woods offered 2 wealth for green clavary for 2 wealth I would think that elite would be worth at least 6. So how does 4 wealth sound with 1 influence and 1 law sound if baelon challenges the frey. Also a personal favor from septon arlyn would be owed to whoever would *kill* benjen frey. Not just capture him though

You would need to make separate arrangements - you would be paying House Coldbrook for the cavalry and House Drakeson for Baelon's services.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings) - Page 19 Empty Re: Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 am

So 4 wealthv and 1 law for the clavary and 1 influence plus a favor for killing the frey?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 am

I thought all cavalry participating in the mountain clans wouldn't be available for house events. Back to commanders, even if Benjen's second in command is better, wouldn't he be leading as well? Knocking one commander down is better than having to contend with both.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:03 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:I thought all cavalry participating in the mountain clans wouldn't be available for house events.
Right, but the Coldbrook cavalry isn't particiapating in the clan war, just the personal guard and garrison.

Loreia Merrgal wrote:Back to commanders, even if Benjen's second in command is better, wouldn't he be leading as well? Knocking one commander down is better than having to contend with both.
No, because military hierarchy in Westeros is not a meritocracy;
Benjen is of a higher social class (i.e. higher status) and therefore has the right to take command... even if he's not as good. The second in command would instead attach to a unit, giving it +1D fighting/marksmanship (or I suppose could act as a sub-commander, getting 1 order per round).
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:01 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:So 4 wealthv and 1 law for the clavary and 1 influence plus a favor for killing the frey?
Before I decide, can you even trade Law like that? Influence I can see (providing political support), but how would a transfer of Law work?

Baelon wrote:
Loreia Merrgal wrote:Back to commanders, even if Benjen's second in command is better, wouldn't he be leading as well? Knocking one commander down is better than having to contend with both.
No, because military hierarchy in Westeros is not a meritocracy;
Benjen is of a higher social class (i.e. higher status) and therefore has the right to take command... even if he's not as good. The second in command would instead attach to a unit, giving it +1D fighting/marksmanship (or I suppose could act as a sub-commander, getting 1 order per round).
I believe what Loreia means is 'isn't facing one, admittedly better, commander better than facing a commander and sub-commander' (the increased benefit of the +1B being outweighed by the disadvantage of only have 3 commands/turn, rather than 4).
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:01 pm

transferring law would be like transferring additional guard's, sitting in judgement or sending trained support staff to handle a backlog of case loads. Sending ditectives in order to find a major criminal. turing in some informats in your lands, ect ect.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:24 am

With the departure of Septon Arlyn, I once again find myself available for hire for house events. Reasonable rates available.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:50 am

There is a new Dulver player, it may be that he wishes your service....

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:31 am

For the record, the Riverroad Riders (elite cavalry with upgraded weapons) are also still available.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:26 am

I heard that there's a Walton Dulver in the woodwork ready to take on the furious frey.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Two new Dulver players approved, and our new Kytley on the way soon. Mechanical stuff largely approved and private forums set up (bar one player).

Friday morning (UK time) for new players to claim any combat/warfare season, otherwise any of the existing players are welcome to weigh in.

I know many of you may well be gunning for Ser Benjen Frey and/or looking to boost abilities/specialities or make progress towards new benefits by taking part in these scenes.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:41 pm

First post here, first let me say thanks for letting me join your fun!

House Dulver is in council hatching plans to deal with the false knight Ser Benjen and his brigands. We would like to keep open the previous negotiation lines that our good Septon Arlyn was pursuing with more information to follow.
-Luecian "
LongBow"
- retainer for House Dulver

Last edited by 183 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:42 pm

LuecianLongBow wrote:First post here, first let me say thanks for letting me join your fun!

House Dulver is in council hatching plans to deal with the false knight Ser Benjen and his brigands. We would like to keep open the previous negotiation lines that our good Septon Arlyn was pursuing with more information to follow.
-Leucian "
LongBow"

Welcome! Glad to see House Dulver continues on!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Welcome aboard! Sorry about your archer unit that just got routed of the map by the clans. :;
):
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:Welcome aboard! Sorry about your archer unit that just got routed of the map by the clans. :;
):
I believe that blame is on me Embarassed

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:
Benedict Marsten wrote:Welcome aboard! Sorry about your archer unit that just got routed of the map by the clans. :;
):
I believe that blame is on me Embarassed

Bloody fire-worshipping lunatic. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Hello there, and welcome! I'm returning right now as well.

Just to get this straight from the onset - Luecian or Leucian?

Edit: also liking my post count right now. I might refrain from further posts.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:Edit: also liking my post count right now. I might refrain from further posts.

Dyana is the Beast. She has 666 posts. :;
):
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:21 pm

I'm hearing of the misfortune of my fellow archers... Crying or Very sad . Pouring a fifth out for my homies later today...

I fixed it in my above post but it's Luecian. But to be fair I'm pretty sure its spelled with a huge L plus swirly line either way.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:37 pm

LuecianLongBow wrote:First post here, first let me say thanks for letting me join your fun!

-Luecian "
LongBow"

Welcome! There were two negotiations underway;
one with myself for my services as champion and/or (sub)commander.
I am assuming reader will allow Septon Arlyn's prodigious rolls to stand, and thus my offer to help sway the masses is no longer necessary.
I will revise my asking price in light of that... I'll send you a PM later today that you can share &
discuss with the rest of House Dulver.

The second negotiation was with House Coldbrook (via Daveth Coldbrook) for a unit of Elite Cavalry with upgrades.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Baelon wrote:

-Luecian "
LongBow"

Welcome! There were two negotiations underway;
one with myself for my services as champion and/or (sub)commander.
I am assuming reader will allow Septon Arlyn's prodigious rolls to stand, and thus my offer to help sway the masses is no longer necessary.
I will revise my asking price in light of that... I'll send you a PM later today that you can share &
discuss with the rest of House Dulver.

The second negotiation was with House Coldbrook (via Daveth Coldbrook) for a unit of Elite Cavalry with upgrades.

The Septon's rolls stand. He may well return to us, and if not it is fitting such a diligent player goes out on a high (and helps sort out some of the mess he made).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 am

Would anyone not currently participating in the Coldbrook house event like to fight me in my duel? Kyle Darry won initiative.

What we're going with is that only the archers are visible, and the Darry Infantry are inside the castle walls, and the Riverroad Riders cavalry has left to aid House Dulver. So basically I just left through the gate and challenged Kyle.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Ben will be the commander in our House Event but we still need someone to play the mercenaries:
viewtopic.php?f=161&
t=1539&
start=30

Somebody interested in an opportunity to battle with the Marsten men (and Dyana)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 pm

What needs be done to finish threads? I'm open to help if needed;
)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:45 pm

I can help too.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next