Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical discussion

+20
Baelon Drakeson
Jon Templeton
Benedict Marsten
Aerion Storm
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Walton Dulver
Lady Corrine Marsten
Gwyneth Drakeson
Darron Greyjoy
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Yoren longshore
Ereth Redwain
Kevan Lyras
Ser Jorah Holt
Davain Bartheld
Reader
Loreia
Septon Arlyn
Theomore Tullison
24 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Mechanical discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Mechanical discussion

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Okay, then for start I will try to figure out which holdings belongs where- but anyway marketplace allows Dulvers to roll at least one more d6 on gaining Wealth at this point already. Must check when it was built and check/correct necessarily rolls for last period, at least...

Thanks for quick reply!
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:47 pm

GR has stated that holdings represent things of enough significance to have a mechanical effect, it's a fair assumption that there's homegrown food on the PC's tables, but I suspect that only a handful actually have the food agriculture investment. By extension, it is likely that PC houses have more land area than that represented by the domain holdings, their domain holdings basically are those pieces of real estate capable of supporting other holdings. Cutting down forests and otherwise clearing land for settlement/cultivation is something mankind have done for several thousand years now, now we make artificial islands for luxury houses in the Gulf and burning down rainforest, and the Dutch dammed off the sea. So shouldn't be too hard to explain the addition of a new domain IMO, one invest resources into developing some real estate to the point where it can support other holdings.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:13 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:GR has stated that holdings represent things of enough significance to have a mechanical effect, it's a fair assumption that there's homegrown food on the PC's tables, but I suspect that only a handful actually have the food agriculture investment. By extension, it is likely that PC houses have more land area than that represented by the domain holdings, their domain holdings basically are those pieces of real estate capable of supporting other holdings.
That is certainly the case for wealth holdings, but I'm not so sure that generalizes to other resource-type holdings well. In particular when it comes to Land domains. A pristine untouched forest? That's a 10 point domain: 5 for plains, 5 for dense woods. Can it support holdings? Absolutely - almost half of the estate holdings.

Theomore Tullison wrote:Cutting down forests and otherwise clearing land for settlement/cultivation is something mankind have done for several thousand years now, now we make artificial islands for luxury houses in the Gulf and burning down rainforest, and the Dutch dammed off the sea. So shouldn't be too hard to explain the addition of a new domain IMO, one invest resources into developing some real estate to the point where it can support other holdings.
All of that would fall under the heading of "claiming undeveloped wildlands" in my prior post. Can it be done in game? Well, not those modern examples of course, but otherwise, sure. Like I said, it's relatively uncontroversial if no one else claims it. Of course, territorial disputes are an even older thing than clearing land for development. I can think of three such legal disputes that have happened in game of the top of my head...

So yeah, can it be done? Sure. Could it be problematic? Of course; anything can be if it serves the story. Will it always be problematic? Absolutely not.
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:47 am

My shield was destroyed in my fight with Moh. Does it recover its Defensive bonus after the fight? Or would I have to spend money to repair my shield?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Per the Houserules thread:

Reader wrote:Shattering quality:
Only reduces armour AR for the duration of the combat to represent the impact of consecutive concussive hits.
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21