Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Event]Grand Ball

+9
Davain Bartheld
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Aerion Storm
Ereth Redwain
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
13 posters

Go down

[Event]Grand Ball Empty [Event]Grand Ball

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:29 pm

See and be seen. And maybe just a bit of intrigue.

Status (breeding) TN9
Awareness (empathy) TN9
Persuasion/Deceit (any - but potential consequences for certain choices) TN9

For each degree of success you earn 1 point. Take your point total - you may improve the disposition of an NPC with status equal to your point total by one step.
Instead, you may attempt to improve an NPC's disposition towards another PC/NPC, but this lowers your score by two points. Each character may have their disposition towards a particular other PC or NPC only once by this event.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[Event]Grand Ball Empty Re: [Event]Grand Ball

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:24 am

Corrine was on fine form for the Grand Ball. She had opted to dress in the distinctive aquamarine blue and silver of House Marsten, in a sumptuous velvet gown with rolling ocean waves intricately embroidered in silver thread down the sleeves, and jewellery of pearl and abalone.

She is effervescent and charming as ever, deftly navigating the room, with a smile for everyone, and leaves a trail of cheerfulness in her wake. Even those who would have normally had disdain for her or House Marsten started to be won over by the Lady's grace in the art of conversation, if not to approval, at least to grudging respect.

Status (Breeding): 6d6k5 24 (3 points)

Awareness (Empathy): 4d6k3 12 (1 points)

Persuasion (Charm): 6d6k5 20
Attractive reroll: 1d6 5
Total Charm = 24 (3 points)

Total points = 7

[May I have a list of the Status 7 NPCs in attendance?]

Last edited by Lady Corrine Marsten on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:47 am

[Named NPC character awaiting approval (RP-only)]
*Approved

The Package:

Those in attendance will notice a distinct lack of Shieldmaiden early on. Most expect her to be attending in her usual attire suited for battle. Some from the Green court make a few japes about it.

"Ever dressed for matters of life and death, that one! And here among the likes of us she may as well be!" It earns a few chuckles from the skeptics, and from some in spite of themselves, finding the joke in good taste but the spirit of it in poor form.

Crimson. A tall, red figure emerges from a doorway in the great hall. As the guests notice her, the even-toned garble of nobles and knights chattering turns into whispers. The subject: said red figure's red dress. True to the jape she wasn't there to hear, her ensemble includes a pair of long, silk gloves to add a touch of class to the outfit.

"Armor for the skin," snickers one guest, unseen in the crowd. Some chuckles and scoffs gently punctuate the low noise level in the hall as she stands there for an eternal moment, like a child who's just been caught sneaking out of the house after curfew.

She shrugs it off, walking past the onlookers without offering greeting, curtsey, bow, anything, face flushed, eyes narrowed, feeling their eyes on her as she looks for a familiar face of a friend. Perhaps the septon is in attendance, or Ser Jorah? Lady Hawys, or Lady Alysane.

Someone approaches her, however, before she can find one of them. "Lady Loreia," he bows.

She stops in her tracks and gazes at her greeter, befuddled. She lets the title slide, considering he was clearly using it out of reflex for seeing the Warrior's Shieldmaiden girded for a different battlefield.

"You don't remember me. That's alright, we hardly had the chance to get acquainted over that investigation disarray involving my house over a year ago. Ser Symon Blackwood," he bows again, "a pleasure to meet you form--"

"You're in my way," she growls back.

Taken aback, "Symon" watches her go like he'd been slapped on the face before he even got a word out.

Coldbrook, Grand Ball - Status, Empathy, Persuasion: 3d6 14 4d6k3 14 2d6 5
Total: 4 (or 2)
Disposition with Alastair Eagle-Eyed (House Blackwood) raised by 1.

Dress: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0b/d1/91/0bd191a63e4024aad943df4b3715daf4.jpg

Last edited by Loreia on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Status (Breeding): 5d6k4 13 +2 =15 - 2 DoS
Edit: Forgot the HoH benefit, apologies.
Awareness: 3d6 8 - 0 DoS
Persuasion (Charm): 6d6k4 20 - 3 DoS
Total: 5

I will dedicate my time to my wife Alya RP to come soon. Also open to conversation, if Loreia has something to say of the tournament to Ereth.

Last edited by Ereth Redwain on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Aerion's less comfortable here than he's been during the rest of his visit, and he's utterly unsurprised by it. He's more confident in the saddle than in a fine hall, lighter on his feet with a blade in his hands than when he's dancing, surer of himself and the decisions to be made when he's heavy with mail. He feels less alone fighting in front of a crowd than he does mingling amidst one, perversely.

He's not hard on the eyes, there's that going for him, and he's undeniably pleasant enough should any join him in conversation. His beard is coming in well enough, and with the little black tie keeping his hair pulled back in a little tail, he's far from unseemly. His clothing, though, rather matches his plain brown rounsey. It's of reasonable enough quality, but nothing flashy or fancy, no bright colors or bold sigils to catch the eye. Aerion's tunic has a few shiny buttons, a bit of decorative trim-work and the like, but it's a season or a year or a winter out of fashion, all of it. It's traditional work, simple fare, serviceable but utterly unremarkable. Most of what he has going for him is how well he fills it out, and how easily he smiles once greeted with the same.

[Coldbrook Ball, Status (Breeding): 3d6 14 (2 DoS)
[Coldbrook Ball, Awareness (Empathy): 3d6 10 (1 DoS)
[Coldbrook Ball, Persuasion (Charm): 4d6k3 14 (2 DoS)
[Attractive, Rerolling the 1: 1d6 3 (no change in total)

[Die rolls with links have been sent to Reader, as per my unfortunate usual.  Looks like I can make a Status 5 like me a little more, though, so not too shabby, I think.]

Last edited by Aerion Storm on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Baelon is in fine form; he may not have been raised to fight on this sort of battlefield, but he is undeniably talented at it and has clearly grown more polished in his presentation in recent years. He is dressed in the latest of fashions, though the sources are a bit mixed. Gwyn had used their time in King's Landing to - among other things - establish a rapport with a seamstress there, who kept House Drakeson well informed on the latest sartorial trends in the capital. However, in addition to a black velvet doublet with small star-shaped silver studs, he wore a purple sash of brocaded Yi Ti silk, which in addition to being one of the hottest trends in Braavos also highlighted his amethyst eyes to great effect.

He dances with many a woman, though none more than once save his wife, with whom he dances frequently. Between sets drifts from gathering to gathering, a compliment here, a polite joke there, always leaving smiles in his wake.

Coldbrook Grand Ball: breeding, empathy, charm, attractive:
Status(Breeding)| 5d6k4+2 15| 2 DoS
Awareness(empathy)| 3d6 10| 1 DoS
Persuade(Charm)| 6d6+2 28| 4 DoS
Attractive rerolls| 2#1d6 1 3| No substitutions
Total: 7 points. Most likely whoever is taking a liking to Corrine will also taking a liking to me. Well, I'll decide once we have an NPC list.

Gwyn, I made up a couple things about you, but they seemed in character so I hope you don't mind. I can edit them out if you would prefer.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Lord Marsten dutifully maneuvered through the courtly proceedings. All the while maintaining an open ear and keen eye. Where he lacked in noble graces, he easily made up for in charm.

Coldbrook ball status: 4d6 12 1DoS
Coldbrook ball awareness: 3d6 12 1DoS
Coldbrook ball persuasion(charm): 5d6+2 19 3DoS

Total 5DoS
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:32 pm

A few months in Kings Landing had done wonders for Ser Jorah in terms of style and poise along with having to learn to discuss a multitude of subjects whilst not causing offense. Perhaps not as practiced as some, he carried himself very well, impressing ….

Status (breeding) TN9 status: 5d6k5 22 3DOS
Awareness (empathy) TN9  awareness: 3d6k3 10 1 dos
Persuasion/Deceit (any - but potential consequences for certain choices) TN9 persuasion Convince: 5d6k4 15 2dos
total 6DOS
awaiting list of people and maybe I'll just let Reader pick

Last edited by Ser Jorah Holt on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Place Holder

Grand Ball Status: 5d6+2 22 (3 points)
Grand Ball Awerness: 3d6 8 (0 points)
Grand Ball Persuasion: 4d6 11 (1 point)

Total: 4
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm

"Maybe the sigil was a bad idea" Darron thinks to himself while making his way to a comfortable area to relax. The knowing looks people are giving Darron don't ease him at all, then again this was probably the best dressed Ironborn most of these people have seen or at least heard about. Even if they didn't see the sigil the accent was enough to make a number of people not want anything to do with Darron.

"Your people killed this, they stole that, they kidnapped someone and they raped her. Constantly venting about there misfortune, always looking for someone to blame." Darron thinks to himself as some noble vents about some raid on his smallfolk. "Yes I understand your frustration and how this can impact your house. If you would like me to look into the matter please feel free to write to me and I will do my best to resolve the situation." Darron replies to the man which appeases him for now, resolving the situation amounts to Darron congratulating the raiding party and to get a idea of the defences and possibly organising another raid.

A friendly sight was Alya Redwain Darron joined her and asked if she would care to dance. Through her Darron was introduced to some other people at the ball and Darron worked his charm on them.

Grand Ball Status(Breeding): 3d6k3 9

Grand Ball Awareness(Empathy): 2d6 9

Grand Ball Persuasion(Charm): 4d6k3 10

Reroll (Attractive): 1d6 4

3 DOS

Would like to increase Alyas disposition but I dont think she is Status 3 so backup wise I would be interested in upping a different status 3 NPC.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 am

Gwyn did a thing and it was pretty good. (Placeholder, of course Smile)

(8 DoS total)
Spoiler:
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:17 am

Luecian didn't normally attend this type of thing. He had gotten accustomed to tourneys over the past few years but he tended to stick to his strengths. Taverns, Hunts, Archery and maybe a bit of gambling with dice or ladies if there seemed to be any interest. But never had he stepped foot in a ball, a room full of nobles fawning over each other and their latest fashions was a place most would say he didn't belong and even the huntsman himself was uncertain if they might be right.

He wore his best green doublet paired with his shadowskin cloak but in truth his poor courtier's garb stood out in a bad way in this fancy crowd. His cloak though held its own or so he liked to think at least.

(More incoming at a later time)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Luecian LongBow on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 am

Ser Walton as usual attended in clothes he felt most comfortable with- for whole life he put leathers above velvets. In the beginning he was kindly greeting people he met, exchanging few words, but at the same time trying to stay away from center of attention. Walton, even suprising to him, was elegant and dignified that evening- and with his character, chance for that was as good as for something completely opposite. Atmosphere of ball let him relax a little bit, what also wasn't usual. With time Dulver started to talk a little more and more, encouraged by every cup of wine he had, but people seemed to listen his reasoning and agree with much of it. In effect, he talked more, drawing from what he learned from Harald Dulver. And just as his Lord Father, he was better speaker than listener.

status-ball: 3d6 12
awareness: 3d6 8
bargain: 4d6k3 14
Total 3DoS
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down