Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn

2 posters

Go down

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn Empty [Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Stepping off the dance floor, Jon searches the pavilion for the Fat Fool he presumes to be Septon Arlyn. He soon spots him over by the buffet, pontificating to an obviously drunken man in a salmon-headed costume, while waving a drumstick about.

Looming up behind the pair, he raises both paws dramatically into the air and exclaims:
Well here's a feast for a hungry bear,
A Fat Fool and a Sprightly Salmon,
- aren't you quite the pair?

Whom shall I consume first,
The jester or the fish?
His blubbery lard, or YOUR SUCCULENT FLESH!?

Roaring comically, Jon swipes at the salmon-costumed man with his paws, sending the drunk stumbling backwards with a terrified squeak! "
Fly, you fool, ere I rip out your tasty innards and wear them as a belt!"
Jon teases, sending the terrified drunk fleeing for his life, while Jon collapses against the buffet, convulsing in gales of laughter.

"
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I do hope that wasn't one of Lord Tully's brood, or I'm going to be in awful trouble in the morning!"
Still chuckling, Jon struggles to compose himself. "
More to the point, if you're not the Septon Arlyn, I'm going to be terribly embarrassed right now!"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn Empty Re: [Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat May 30, 2015 9:13 am

"
Aye that's me."
The septon chuckles as the salmon man makes his way through the gathered throng, bouncing back and forth through the other party goers in his haste to escape. "
I'm guessing from your fierce attire and voice you must be ser John. I'm glad to finally meet up with you."

Ooc sorry about the late response RL got busy fast
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn Empty Re: [Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Septon Arlyn

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat May 30, 2015 1:13 pm

"
So you mentioned when we talked last there was a man that you could introduce me to. Tell me a little more about this man."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sat May 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Aye that's me."
The septon chuckles as the salmon man makes his way through the gathered throng, bouncing back and forth through the other party goers in his haste to escape. "
I'm guessing from your fierce attire and voice you must be ser John. I'm glad to finally meet up with you."
"
Well spotted, Septon, I am indeed the 'fearsome' Ser Jon Cobb, terror of the dining table and dance floor,"
Jon answers, still struggling to stop laughing. "
I hope you'll forgive my brusque manners yesterday, friend Septon. I'm afraid I was having a particularly poor day."

So you mentioned when we talked last there was a man that you could introduce me to. Tell me a little more about this man."
"
Ah yes, Ser Fendrel Bartheld. That's him over there, dressed like an imp from hell,"
Jon gestures towards a man in a bold outfit of red, orange and yellow. "
Ser Fendrel and his nephew Davain are our hosts this evening."

"
Sadly, I think tonight would be a poor time to approach Ser Fendrel directly about donating coin to your worthy cause. As host of such a large event, he must be in constant movement, meeting and greeting every guest and making sure they are having a fine time. That leaves precious little time for lengthier discussions. Fortunately, he has empowered me to speak on his behalf, so you may treat with me as you would with him."

OOC: Fendrel is once again an NC, and Reader seems really busy, so I'm taking the liberty of becoming Fendrel's spokesperson for this thread. Also, there are developments in the House Bartheld objectives that may make securing your personal support for Fendrel/Davain redundant, so I won't be trying to force a commitment from you here. I may even just try for something generally useful to the house.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat May 30, 2015 2:22 pm

"
No need to apologize, I was acting rather rashly in my fervor for gaining support for my cause and you appropriately rebuffed me, but let the past be behind us so we can focus on the present and future. As you are representing Ser Fendrel I am representing my lord Dulver. He has promised some funds to my orphanage house but is looking to expand his trading partners to strengthen all parties involved. You see my lord has some great capacity to store goods, however seeing as our mines do not have the Lanister gold our house has developed a way of storing many things and now has a surplus of supplies. Now, my lord is looking for those whom my be interested in trading with our house. Do you think it could be possible to set up some trading? Mayhaps using some of our warehouse cellars to safely store your grains or other precious things to keep them safe from roving bandits, I am sure that my lord would be willing to treat any business opportunities that you might think of, he is, after all, a very generous man with those whom he deals with.

Last edited by 167 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sat May 30, 2015 8:21 pm

No need to apologize, I was acting rather rashly in my fervor for gaining support for my cause and you appropriately rebuffed me, but let the past be behind us so we can focus on the present and future. As you are representing Ser Fendrel I am representing my lord Dulver. He has promised some funds to my orphanage house but is looking to expand his trading partners to strengthen all parties involved. You see my lord has some great capacity to store goods, however seeing as our mines do not have the Lanister gold our house has developed a way of storing many things and now has a surplus of supplies. Now, my lord is looking for those whom my be interested in trading with our house. Do you think it could be possible to set up some trading? Mayhaps using some of our warehouse cellars to safely store your grains or other precious things to keep them safe from roving bandits, I am sure that my lord would be willing to treat any business opportunities that you might think of, he is, after all, a very generous man with those whom he deals with.
'Generous'? My dear Septon, I've heard Harald Dulver called many things, but generous was never one of them, Jon muses to himself.

"
Trade, you say? And here I was thinking that we would be discussing funding your orphanage!"
Jon grins. "
But you and Lord Dulver are in luck, Septon. House Bartheld's steward has of late been making strong recommendations that the house should expand it's trading network, and House Dulver may be the ideal partner for this. Have you heard of House Bartheld's vineyards? The wines they provide are one of the house's prime trade goods, and they are increasingly popular throughout the realm, but we could use a little help in breaking into the Westerlands market. I have heard that Lord Dulver is a canny trader - perhaps he could be of assistance in managing this?"

"
I have also heard that Lord Dulver's cellars are rich in, shall we say, more everyday items. Now, as it happens, House Bartheld may soon be embarking on a number of building projects, and our own resources would likely be hard pressed to supply all our needs at once. If Lord Dulver can assist in opening new markets for House Bartheld's excellent wine, then perhaps House Bartheld could reciprocate by buying the supplies we need in bulk from House Dulver? Does that sound agreeable?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun May 31, 2015 7:27 pm

"
That arraignment sounds good and well enough, I will send a raven to Lord Dulver to let him know that an equitable exchange may be arraigned."
The septon gestures to a server carrying around a tray of wine. "
I will also put in a personal endorsement of your product., because your wine is of a very fine quality."
The septon gives a generous grin before becoming slightly more serious. "
Now comes to the matter close to my heart, House Dulver is not a rich house, however we have had some unfortunate accidents in the mines recently that has bent Lord Dulver's ear to my cause of building an orphanage on our lands, however he has balked at the cost of creating one, stating that it would be prohibitively expensive to build one. However The Mother spoke to him and he allowed me to travel to this tournament and seek out any lords or ladies willing to help me achieve my goal, with the caveat to help him expand his trading opportunities hence the starting talk of trade."
The Septon looked at Ser Jon, "
Now is there any way for us to help each other accomplish this goal? What matters of assistance can I provide to House Bartheld that would allow us to continue on this grand endeavor?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 31, 2015 11:00 pm

"
Ser Fendrel will be very pleased to hear you liked the wine, Septon, I'll make sure to mention it to him, and we will both be looking forward to hearing from Lord Dulver about this proposition."

Septon Arlyn wrote: "
Now comes to the matter close to my heart, House Dulver is not a rich house*, however we have had some unfortunate accidents in the mines recently that has bent Lord Dulver's ear to my cause of building an orphanage on our lands, however he has balked at the cost of creating one, stating that it would be prohibitively expensive to build one. However The Mother spoke to him and he allowed me to travel to this tournament and seek out any lords or ladies willing to help me achieve my goal, with the caveat to help him expand his trading opportunities hence the starting talk of trade."
The Septon looked at Ser Jon, "
Now is there any way for us to help each other accomplish this goal? What matters of assistance can I provide to House Bartheld that would allow us to continue on this grand endeavor?"
"
House Dulver isn't rich?"
Jon chuckles. "
That is indeed a rich claim, my dear Septon. I had understood Lord Harald to be doing very well for himself - I believe the saying is 'the Dulver always takes his price'? Not quite as impressive sounding as 'a Lannister always pays his debts', but it gets the point across."

"
However, if Lord Harald is unwilling to help fund your orphanage, that shall be his business. Now, as I said earlier, Ser Fendrel would be happy to help support your endeavor, though I'm afraid we will hardly be able to bear the cost alone. After all, the projects we have planned will already cost a great deal, and using available coin for the benefit of the smallfolk who serve House Bartheld must also come before aiding orphans in Lord Dulver's lands. So, how much do you expect your orphanage to cost, Septon?"

OOC: *Ahem, say what? House Dulver is the richest house in the Chronicle, and even the public background makes it clear that the Dulvers are making a killing. Jon has a particularly fine memory, and would certainly have heard of this, so is this an honest mistake or are you trying to dupe poor old Jon? :;
):

**I.e. what are the win conditions for this objective? Do you have to gain pledges for a certain amount of Wealth, or is success measured by some other means?

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:01 pm

OOC yeah they are rich, but the old dulver is a miser and will not lend much in aide to the septon, preferring to have the septon do the dirty work of searching for benefactors to help the septon for lord dulver has his resources tied up with other wealth projects. So he is willing to donate a large sum (4ish wealth) but the orphanage is much more expensive then that, needing to have staff, construction of the complex, the start of the garden, ect. The high startup costs also ensures that the orphanage will remain self sufficient without the additional infusion of resources into the complex.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Aye, my lord Dulver has made some sound investments and has profited from their returns, however most of his wealth is invested this is not accessible to my project. He has agreed to fund a generous portion to this cause but sadly it is lacking of the full amount needed. (4 out of the 10 wealth required.) I'm hoping that other lords or ladies will see the benefit of this great cause an also come to support it. I would not want your donation to but your own smallfolk in a bad position, however if you have any spare I am sure that it will bring glory to all our houses whenever another nobles smallfolk become elevated. And to be sure, if my lord does come by a windfall I will be sure to remaind him of those who helped me complete this great project."
The septon says with a knowing wink
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Jon whistles when he hears the Septon describe the orphanage he wants to build, and the expected cost of keeping it running.

"
That's quite some orphanage you're planning, Septon. Hasn't it occurred to Lord Dulver that he would be getting off much cheaper if he just employed those orphans in his mines? Well, no matter. House Bartheld does have some coin to spare for worthy causes, but our pockets are certainly not as deep as Lord Dulver's. I believe I'll have no trouble convincing Ser Fendrel to match a fourth of Lord Dulver's investment (i.e. 1 Wealth). In return, I hope you'd be willing to reciprocate Ser Fendrel's generosity by offering your support, should he need it to secure his position as lord of House Bartheld."

"
Actually, now that I think more on it, there may also be another bargain to be struck here. House Bartheld has pledged to support House Marsten with troops in a campaign against the savage mountain clans, but years of peace have ensured that our boys - stout-hearted though they may be - have little experience of real war. So, it will take some time to get them into shape to assist our friends in the Vale. I have heard rumors, however, that Lord Harald has on occasion lent his own men to worthy causes. If you were able to convince Lord Dulver to lend some of his troops to House Bartheld for the coming campaign, then I'm sure Ser Fendrel would be able to dig deeper into our coffers to support your orphanage, perhaps even matching half of Lord Dulver's investment (i.e. 2 Wealth). Naturally, House Dulver's troops would march under their own banners, all that would be required is that they be placed under my or Lord Bartheld's command during the campaign."

Last edited by 117 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:37 pm

"
I will see what I can do, perhaps my lord will be willing to spare some turnips for your campaign."
The Septon replies thoughtfully. "
I will send a raven at once an impress upon him the importance of this worthy goal as well as the goodwill to be garnered by such an endeavor into the mountains. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:39 am

"
Then House Bartheld will eagerly await Lord Dulver's reply, both with regards to the prospect of improved trade and the use of his...turnips,"
Jon replies with a crooked smile.

"
Now I must take my leave, friend Septon, but I hope you will remain and continue to enjoy House Bartheld's hospitality this evening. By the way, do you see that Coldbrook Stallion over there? Well, I happen to know that he is in fact a mare, and a particularly fine variety of dancing pony too, if you should desire to get your feet wet on the dance floor!"

/scene?

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down