Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread

+4
Dunstan Tullison
Jon Cobb
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
8 posters

Go down

[Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread Empty [Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread

Post by Loreia Sat May 30, 2015 11:33 am

Marei's Seven: the troops wait for the signal.

In position with the cavalry lent by Lord Coldbrook, Loreia rides a courser, armed and ready to charge on a signal from the knights answering the faith militants' trial challenge. If Daveth is there, he'll be riding Hoskagon with a reserve squadron of cavalry riders oathbound to his protection.

She barks at the men in formation to affect them with her solitary determination. "
No matter who the victor, we ride the faith militant remnants down. The trial matters little;
this's the last dawn they'll see as free men."

*I assume this is what the setup will be, but I'm willing to conform to what units Jorah and Baelon convince Lord Tully and Lord Coldbrook to part with. If I'm not actually leading anyone, then instead she will be speaking out loud to the Coldbrook soldiers. This can also be the planning thread.*

OOC: I want to roll something for that roleplay, but what what ability do I use to rally them for the coming fight? I want to substitute whatever it is with Will, and I'd like to think it would be Warfare, but we're not rolling initiative yet.

Last edited by 129 on Sun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread Empty Re: [Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 30, 2015 1:49 pm

OOC: I don't think any Tully troops are coming - just one hunter/scout as a guide. So it'll be whatever troops Lord Tomas sends (presumably under your command), The Marsten forces (under Dyana's command) and the mercenary archers, under their own commander. If one of the three of you is to become the supreme commander of the forces, that has yet to be determined...
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread Empty Re: [Day 7, Early Morning] The Help(planning thread

Post by Jon Cobb Sat May 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Also, note that Reader wrote the following in the main thread:
Reader wrote:[OOC: anyone can arrive at the top of the plateau with a weapon drawn/readied, if desired. The path up is too steep to ride, you'll need to lead your horses]
So, a heroic mounted charge to rescue anyone on the plateau is probably out of the question. However, the whereabouts of the rest of the soldiers Dunstan sent with Marei is still undisclosed, so there may be a need for a cavalry attack somewhere else to rescue them.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat May 30, 2015 3:30 pm

I assume there will be a signal by if his men are in trouble, and that we can tell apart our mercenaries from the faith militant? I suppose if our people below hear the horn, we'll try to reach the plateau as soon as we can.

Last edited by 129 on Sat May 30, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat May 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Ok, this is how it should be unless anzthing went wrong:

1. Mercenary archers + Tullison scouts with Ser Matther - they should have gone there before us, and if they did they are waiting for our signal to attack.
2. Coldbrook and Marsten men under Loreia and Gwyn who should be riding towards us now.
3.Squires with us.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat May 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Seems like it will be tactical to wait near the bottom of the plateau for the victors to emerge and anyone giving chase, then ride down the enemy. Or simply sprint on-foot to the top if we hear someone blow a horn.

Marei is the name of Dunstan's mistress, not someone participating in the fight. My bad.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat May 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Daveth is indeed present, though not exactly pleased to be so. Still, when Ser Jorah asked him, he'd felt compelled to step up. If something ... permanent happened to Ser Jorah, or Ser Baelon, or Ser Benedict and he wasn't present, he'd always curse himself that maybe his presence would have made the difference. And that would be nothing compared to the disaster that would befall his house should Lord Tullison fall before his uncle. So, he *had* to be here. In the one place he'd really rather not be.

He's currently doing his best to keep his breathing slow and steady to avoid panicking, and succeeding so far. He's also casting his eyes about looking for bird activity. This whole situation stank, and while he doesn't know warfare, he does know birds, and if there were a large force approaching them through woodland, they'd almost certainly startle the birds nesting there. He had no idea how useful such an idea was, but having a task to focus his mind on always helped him avoid panic. And really, that's what he needed right now. Contrary to his father's claim, it's not blood that unsettles him. As Castle Grenward's acting maester, he'd seen a lot of it as he treated various injuries. Rather, it was *violence*, not to mention the possibility that it might be *his* blood being spilled.

Still, he was here. And he was keeping it together. My name is Daveth Coldbrook, and I am not alone.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat May 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Huzzah wuh? Gwyn?

Do you mean Dyana? Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun May 31, 2015 5:45 am

Alright, so the horn signal is for the scouts and archers, not the cavalry?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun May 31, 2015 10:22 am

The cavalry will stop any Faith Militant survivors I think was the plan

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 31, 2015 10:27 am

OOC: You might want to nail down how many troops are available in this thread. I believe Dunstan hired 10 archers, and I have no idea how many Cavalry have come along. Dunstan and I only hired one scout (Eddrick Goodwater, the hunter) but I believe some Tullison scouts came along as well?

As for squires, Jon doesn't have one, so I have assumed I came here alone.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 pm

OOC: I don't know how many scouts would come - I told Matther to bring them, but it's up to Reader to determine how many would be there. Same goes for cavalry.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:02 pm

[OOC: Dyana is taking a sizable unit of riders with her. I don't know what a reasonable number would be - we have to ask Reader for that. Whatever that number is, though, she's topping it by a margin.]

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:24 pm

OOC @everyone:I would suggest that we keep our numbers to multiples of 10 (one squad is 10 men in the warfare rules) and only take a smallish force. The plateau with Harren's Justice would seem to provide a commanding view of the surroundings, so Lionel and his men would probably detect anything but a small force riding some distance behind (I assume we would know this because Eddrick Goodwater could provide us with a description of the area before we leave Riverrun). Since we don't want to spook him into fleeing or killing his prisoners, we need to keep our numbers down to the minimum we dare bring to do the job.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:29 pm

[OOC: The idea would be to flank and wait behind. We're not really rushing and rising dust, and the formation could be arranged to draw less attention. The plateau could prove a problem, however. Perhaps riding slightly later than first intended to give them less time to react? Or to draw closer as they fight... how long is it from Riverrun to Harren's Justice?]

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:00 pm

OOC: There should be 10 archers plus whatever number of scouts around there somewhere. Dunstan told them to get up at dawn and hide around there. They should also come soon, since Dunstan did blow his horn already. Unless they are dead of course, or got lost in the mean time.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm not interested in wasting time on the...time. We're where we need to be when Dunstan's 7 reach the top of the plateau and we'll be able to ride in quickly within a minute, let's leave it at that.

We can say we each have 10 horsemen for a total of 20 plus us, 22.

Tullison squires should be in position. Dunstan blew the horn, which is a signal to the archers, scouts and squires to join the fight. We can't ride our horses up the hill, we have to lead them. That's slower than just running up without them. We didn't plan on Harren's Justice being unreachable on horseback. I say we stay at the bottom to deal with the escaping faith militant(who we'll know by the seven-pointed stars carved into their heads), run down anyone trying to escape and take prisoners of those who surrender.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Well they would not necessarily have a seven pointed star carved into their foreheads. What they would probably have is a rainbow cloak and swords with star pommels.
I'd also prefer it if you guys, especially archers, climb up there as soon as you hear the horn so the rest of people don't pick up wounds.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:47 pm

I was all for it, until I saw how well you were doing. We head on up soon as we hear the horn, but Daveth and the 5 extra horsemen from House Coldbrook will stay with the horses. Daveth will come up to look at that wound when everything's clear. We'll assume we've already discussed this.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down