Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical discussion

+26
Ser Raynald Dulver
Luecian LongBow
Septon Arlyn
Ser Walton Dulver
Derrock Swann
Riackard
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Dyana Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Athelstan
Lady Corrine Marsten
Leifnarr Longshore
Garret Snow
Yoren longshore
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Nathaniel Mason
Jon Cobb
Dunstan Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Test
Reader
30 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mechanical discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Mechanical discussion

Post by Loreia Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Baelon wrote:Injuries from the melee would persist at least until D9 MA, so anything in the morning or EA would still have them - that applies to Tyron Blackwood as well and any other NCs that fought in the melee.
Injuries from G&
B will persist at least until D9 MN.

Also, anyone with melee injuries that brawled in the G&
B event would be at a DC 12 on the recovery roll, because we were fighting, and may take fatigue penalties to boot (For instance I would have a -1 if I take max fatigue in the melee). Luckily most of the healers would at worst have gotten a single fatigue from the RG event, and then slept it off before the healing test is made.

Fatigue calculations are more complicated, and will in part depend on the definition of 'rest'. I presume that being social/talking is fine, but dancing (vertically or horizontally) would prevent rest. Fighting or riding is right out. I would argue that stressful circumstances (such as an intrigue) should not count either... but that is up to Reader. I am also assuming that the RG nightmares were also similarly rest-depriving.
No rest during Early Night Day 8, got it.

I was under the impression that I could remove injuries per DoS with an Endurance check on the following day. Or is that only after a full day?

DC 12 Endurance check for brawl. Does the Endurance check also get the penalties to the result?

Max fatigue(matching Endurance rank) = 1 penalty to actions in addition to any injuries - if Endurance check fails. Can I get double confirmation on this?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Baelon wrote:I think most of Loreia's are going unused.
A total of three. Nevermind the one I said I spent on that NC, it doesn't count. I'm a little disappointed nobody had any injury they wanted prevented. I think I deserve a little something for this, else it's the same as failing.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Sorry Lorreia, next time we'll make sure to get injuried Smile

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:
A total of three. Nevermind the one I said I spent on that NC, it doesn't count. I'm a little disappointed nobody had any injury they wanted prevented. I think I deserve a little something for this, else it's the same as failing.

Happily I agree! I have plans for this given the lack of PC takeup.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:09 am

I think I'll be alright if I waive the Endurance check and take the -1 penalty from my injury for the Brawl TN12 anyway, and a -1 as if I had max fatigue. I'd still be at 1 DoS, and that suits me fine.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:28 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:

Sorry Sad . In hindsight, I could have still had you step in and prevent either Corrine's injury being more serious, or a second attack.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 am

It's fine, I still got something special from those non-PC injuries I prevented.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:It's fine, I still got something special from those non-PC injuries I prevented.

It was too fitting and appropriate for Loreia to pass-up and allowed Prince Daemon to do some political grandstanding pitched at a Seven worshipping audience for a Northern heroine. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Just saw that these went unanswered...

Loreia Merrgal wrote:I was under the impression that I could remove injuries per DoS with an Endurance check on the following day. Or is that only after a full day?
It is a full day, so essentially at the start of the same timeslot in which you took them.

Loreia Merrgal wrote:DC 12 Endurance check for brawl. Does the Endurance check also get the penalties to the result?
Normally yes, but Reader explicitly that only the fatigue from the River Ghost event (if one was taken) would apply in the G&
B event.
The River Ghost event itself was exempted from all fatigue/injury penalties.
Note that the Champion's feast was NOT exempted, so that might affect some people's results if they rolled it before they were done in the melee.

Loreia Merrgal wrote:Max fatigue(matching Endurance rank) = 1 penalty to actions in addition to any injuries - if Endurance check fails. Can I get double confirmation on this?
Sadly, no. As in combat, EACH fatigue is a -1 penalty. So if (as in the example I gave before) I had taken my max fatigue I would be taking -3 penalties to everything until it wore off.
The endurance (or healing, as appropriate) test does not affect fatigue. for every four hours of rest, one fatigue is removed... that's why it is important to get the timing of the endurance/healing check correct - the penalties may change.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:57 pm

only the fatigue from the River Ghost event (if one was taken) would apply in the G&
B event.
Just trying to make sense of this. This means I'd only have the injury penalty applying during G&
B, I managed to get through the River Ghost event without taking additional fatigue. Okay, I think I've got it all sorted.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:
only the fatigue from the River Ghost event (if one was taken) would apply in the G&
B event.
Just trying to make sense of this. This means I'd only have the injury penalty applying during G&
B, I managed to get through the River Ghost event without taking additional fatigue. Okay, I think I've got it all sorted.

Sorry, I was unclear - the River Ghost and G&
B event were exempted from ALL prior penalties (fatigue, injuries, and presumably wounds). If you took a fatigue from the River Ghost, that would apply to the G&
B rolls. Nothing else would.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Thank you! Smile
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Question:

How much of Out of Strife, Prosperity are we using?

In particular, the wealth holding from the core book have had significant reworkings done to them. Which are we using?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:53 am

OK my personal forms the reader started that the had the out of strife prosperity booklet and so I wrote up some ideas for that. He has yet to get back to new on what works and what does not
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Baelon wrote:Question:

How much of Out of Strife, Prosperity are we using?

In particular, the wealth holding from the core book have had significant reworkings done to them. Which are we using?

Generally core book but with case by case approvals on Out of Strife, Prosperity. Pretty high rate on approvals so far, so don't be afraid to ask (Master-of-arms and Military academy aren't allowed at the moment - former may well be allowed but with some cap on the upgrades granted, latter seems like something for very special cases in Essos, not Westeros).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:40 pm

A brothel?
Where does whores go?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:52 pm

A key idea in the intro of OoSP: Just because you don't have the holding doesn't mean you don't have that thing - you just don't have it on a scale sufficient to affect the House's resources... so while for instance the Rutting Boar is in Bartheld lands, they do not have to have the Brothel holding.

In other words, the whores go wherever you want them to... for a price. :;
):
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:56 pm

hard places breeds hard men :;
):

So I won't need a brothel holding to have a brothel? It's just not commercially viable yet?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:hard places breeds hard men :;
):

So I won't need a brothel holding to have a brothel? It's just not commercially viable yet?

Baelon is correct, the following is from the Estate holdings section, but I consider it to apply to everything:

"
Not all domains where such resources are gathered must have these holdings, however. These holdings represent such operations on a scale large enough to influence the fortunes of the master House, generally producing not just enough for those who dwell there, but a surplus that can be sold."
[my emphasis]

You can have a stables, smith, inn etc in your lands for flavour without paying for it. Just needs to be paid for to grant mechanical bonuses.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Okay, moving here so as not to contaminate the IC thread it relates to.

Gwyn blew an Awareness Empathy roll, and I asked about how I can fix it. SPending destiny is a no-go, because the bonus dice are both 1's, and aren't enough to nudge her roll high enough. Also, I think she already spent it. Sad

Reader mentioned BURNING a DP which is weirdly tempting except Gwyn only has the one.

So how does burning work exactly, and how does one recover from it?
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:18 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Okay, moving here so as not to contaminate the IC thread it relates to.

Gwyn blew an Awareness Empathy roll, and I asked about how I can fix it. SPending destiny is a no-go, because the bonus dice are both 1's, and aren't enough to nudge her roll high enough. Also, I think she already spent it. Sad

Reader mentioned BURNING a DP which is weirdly tempting except Gwyn only has the one.

So how does burning work exactly, and how does one recover from it?

Burnt = gone forever, and can't burn a point that has been spent.

Rotten luck on that roll after so many fine rolls in the official events.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:20 pm

You take it off your character sheet.
Bob is an middle aged man with no drawbacks and the benefits famous and and fast.
He therefore has 1 destiny point. When bob is jousting he really wants to win. He will win if he succeeds in a dc 12 stay in saddle. He rolls a 8 and would fail. He wants to win so bad that he burns a destiny point (he now has 0) but he succeeds in his roll as he gains a pluss 5 on his roll.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Also, there is rarely one opportunity to begin a mystery.

Plus, the normally astute Gwyn dazzling the court and then missing something in conversation with Isobel (of all people!) because she's just SO ANGRY is amusing.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 pm

But if she really wishes to succeed then wouldn't she get back 1 dp at the end of day 8? If she hasn't spent it after that that is...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm

You can spend two points to turn both bonus dices into test dices which would be the surefire way. You can spend one for +1B, which gives you a 50% shot at success, and if that doesn't work, there's a 2/3 chance that it's high enough that the second point spent to turn that into test die is enough.

No way besides destiny though. Then you'd need some sort of benefit like lucky or BoA.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next