Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 7]EA - Details over launch

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 7]EA - Details over launch - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 7]EA - Details over launch

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 am

I doubt Lord Tully will be as anenable as you think. I'm quite certain he dislikes you.

"
I wish you luck in your endeavour,"
Corrine says quietly, and empties her wine cup, opting to fill it with cider this time. "
His Lordship may not be as concerned about the Mallisters as you are, though. He may not appreciate a perceived outsider bad-mouthing his vassals either, even if you don't mean it that way. Tread carefully with him."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 7]EA - Details over launch - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 7]EA - Details over launch

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:47 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine nods in acceptance.

"
I am glad to hear your reasoning and reassurance. Thank you. I suppose I need not worry. The Warrior is clearly smiling on you these days. I'm sure you will do well. Whose team will you be fighting for?"

"
Yes I am worth more to both of them unharmed. For now. Ser Baelon propositioned me to fight for him."
He reclines back onto his elbows watching the sky.

Athelstan wrote:Changing the subject of the complication that would entail choosing between Blackwoods and Brackens for House Marsten "
A toast for peace, and that the Brackens don't try to butcher you like the Mallisters will try with me"
raising a cup, Elize joining in for the toast. "
I will talk to lord Tully about getting rid of that pest for the sake of my people and the rest of the riverlands, it's only matter of time before they come to be a problem for our lands and I rather cut them short while they just lost their leader"
Athelstan shudders at the thought of two Mallisters trying to beat him "
Them Mallisters will have me eating out of a straw at the end of the melee if I'm not careful"

Ben quickly refills his glass and raises it adding. "
To the Mallisters not finding you in the chaos."

"
If you wish to be clever, perhaps you can find who will captain their team and find your way on it."
Ben smiles at the thought of the Mallisters faces when they found out.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:54 am

"
That is a fine offer, Ben. You should accept,"
Corrine said, cheerfully.

When he tells Athelstan his cunning idea about dealing with the Mallisters, she smiles proudly.

Handsome, wise, brave, and cunning to boot! I'm ever so lucky!

That's rather a clever idea,"
she praises, offering to feed him apple slices as he reclines.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:20 am

"
Well I'm not going to speak of Mallisters when I see lord Tully, I'm sure he will agree to it, but there is going to be a price attached to it for sure, so it will depend more if I am willing to accept those terms"

Athelstan face of amusement cannot be hidden "
While that thought did cross my mind, Mallisters and Longshores are the closes thing to Brackens and Blackwoods, except we would get no support and we are yet to exchange blows like they have, so I will not put that option to the test. Mind you not that I don't find it amusing and I would enjoy it thoroughly"
smiling just at the possibility now if by any chance I happen to end up in his team as I had no other option then so be it"
then thinking things a little more "
I will need a bigger axe to get through that armor, and other people while I am at it, it's gonna hurt a lot"
he smiles to himself.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:22 am

"
You seem to relish that possibility,"
Corrine comments, with an amused look.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:42 am

"
I have accepted and thank you."
Ben accepts the proffered apple slice. As he finishes chewing he speaks to Athlestan. "
After seeing the draws in the joust I am sure "
the moustache"
can be convinced of anything."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:58 am

Athelstan chuckles "
Yes, I noticed Mallisters always 'lucky' to joust against a Longshore, I bet he regrets it after I got lucky and knock him on his arse"
he laughs out loud for a moment "
Then I got Ser Bryndon, he hits like a battering..."

"
Well when someone hates you like they do because of your origin, like I chose to be ironborn and spits on you every chance they get, yes it amuses me to be able to hit them where they can't retaliate without looking bad for it"
a big grin crosses his face.

Elize nods but doesn't say anything kind of like an understanding to Athelstan words as if she had a similar problem.

Athelstan pours some wine to Elize and himself and offers some to Ben and Corrine in case they want some more "
I had something else to tell you, do not put Yoren in the vanguard, while he is taking two very capable men with him, Leifnar and Hendryk, he can barely put a fight with our equivalent of a squire, so when he meant green soldiers"
he takes a sip of his wine and looking at Benedict leaving the obvious "
I hope your campaign goes well, as I'll be taking some soldiers with me and maybe some sellswords for the job to not leave home with few men"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 am

Corrine still has most of a cup of cider, so declines the wine for now.

"
Your concern for him is laudable, Athelstan, but he is a Lord unto himself. We cannot tell him his business in that manner. I would happily advise him to consider taking a less forward command role, but it is ultimately up to him. I assure you that he will be protected."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Ben allows Athlestan to fill his glass and drinks deeply from it immediately. His eye remain averted to the glass. The Mallisters are not the only ones to procure their opponent, I believe.

"
Yoren will be safe. Leaving men to defend your home is very wise."
He lowers the glass nodding his agreement.

After Corrine's reply Ben looks to her with a proud smile. Lady Marsten. My Lady.

Turning back to Athlestan Ben asks. "
What kind of sellswords do you intend to hire?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Athelstan says nothing to Corrine, as he does not see Yoren as a lord, but a pretender to a seat he is yet to earn, but still nods just to keep the appearance.

"
More than likely ironborn and whatever I can muster in the riverlands. Sellswords can always be found as long as they know you are hiring, but it will take a while before a decent amount of them muster, but any ideas are welcome Ser Benedict"
shrugging his shoulders "
I'm not a greenlander, so it's not easy to find riverlanders to hire or follow me, so I would be content if I get 100 or so"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 am

"
Well it depends on where they hide. More than likely a forest or the mountains. So, cavalry is out. Possibly archers or scouts would be best."
Ben appears to enjoy this discussion.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:02 am

"
I figured some infantry and skirmishers would be the best options, the problem is if they hold some kind of fortification I have to take it, and then you can't just abandon it"
a bit of of a taste of frustration and rinks some wine to pass it down "
It would be like I did nothing, if I show up, and get rid of some, the majority will hide and wait for me to leave just to return, so I would end up in a longer campaign and having to constantly maintain a force to really make any difference"
sharing some pie with Elize and serving her some wine "
It will really be an annoying and long campaign, since both sides are going to be playing the harassing role and the bait and ambush, but it's something that needs to be done to maintain the riverlands and the Longshore peace of mind"
smiling and having a painful look "
I wonder how much coin this campaign is going to cost me and how to talk lord Tully about it"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 am

"
If I may,"
Corrine offers. "
Getting on with people is a speciality of mine. I would be happy to share my observations of Lord Tully, which may help you tailor your dealings with him to make them potentially more favourable."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:20 am

"
And might I suggest a third party as liaison. A friend or family member not already in Lord Tully's sights."
He smiled to Corrine as he polished off his wine.

A great partnership we make.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:22 am

"
Yes, someone that could help me, a hard task I'm afraid"
shrugging his shoulders

"
That would be fantastic please prey tell"
Athelstan is staring at Corrine like a boy waiting for sweets.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:45 am

Corrine took a long sip of cider, collecting her thoughts.

"
From my observations and interactions with Lord Tully, I would say that he is a proud and avaricious man, very concerned with appearing more wealthy and powerful than he actually is. If you can flatter his power and influence, and let him think he has the upper hand, he becomes more amiable. Promises of wealth are attractive to him, as he is greedy and grasping. You mustn't say it overtly though, that would be vulgar. You must disguise it as his rightful and proper tributes. Make it seem like you are doing him a favour. I second Ben's suggestion of taking a friendly third party. Someone good at negotiation and mollifying. With the best will in the world, I have noticed that many Ironborn can inadvertently come across as brash or aggressive, so a greenlander 'interpreter' of sorts would be a very good idea. Since Lord Tully's previous interaction with you was not favourable at all, he will expect a degree of contrition. It may be distasteful, but I would recommend you give it to him. You don't have to mean it, but you definitely have to look like you do."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:36 am

Athelstan nods but at some point he is not quite sure what Corrine said "
So let me see if I understood you correctly"
he composes himself "
I'm suppose to stroke his ego, tell him I'll make him some good money, grovel before him and shed tears of sorrow?"
Athelstan face can just scream that the groveling and the tears are not going to happen.

"
I'll definitely need a translator or at least someone to talk for me, or this is going to end in me losing a limb and more money to that greedy man"
crossing his arms.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:10 pm

"
Tears of sorrow and grovelling are not necessary, and even if they were, I suspect you would never give them,"
Corrine explains.

Of course he would take what I say to extremes. Oh well.

"
One can express a modicum of contrition without being obsequious. Merely offer a few brief words of regret about the disturbance of the peace if he should bring it up. He may use it as a counterpoint against you, and defiance would be bad for business. However, don't dwell on past events. Say the minimum about it needed to satisfy him that you are not a risky prospect, and move on to the matter at hand,"
she counsels, calmly clarifying her point.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:37 pm

"
Alright hopefully I can do this properly, and now to find who can help me which is in itself equally hard"
finishing his cup of wine "
Yoren could do it, but he is not a greenlander and probably also not in the bright side of lord Tully, so that pretty much leaves me without any options"
implying he would not put that burden on Elize, but there really isn't anyone"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:49 pm

"
Have you met Nathaniel Mason?"
Corrine asks. "
He is very courtly in manner, and I believe he and Lord Tully are of similar politics, so he might be a good person to approach with the matter. Or Septon Arlyn. A man of the faith would likely give a good impression."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:53 pm

"
I know Nathaniel in passing perhaps, I will seek to look for both of them, hope it doesn't cost me more than I want to"
a small ray of hope in his eye "
Any idea where I could find Nathaniel?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:33 pm

"
I expect you will likely catch him at the baths in the mornings, or in the Bartheld pavilions. He is close to Davain Bartheld and Ser Jon Roxton, so if you cannot find him, they would likely be able to direct you. Failing that,"
Corrine added, collar a Bartheld servant or a messenger to find him. I'm sure if you convey a message to the Bartheld pavilion, a meeting can be arranged."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 pm

"
Or if your brave The Painted World is a good place to look."
He gives Athlestan a grin.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Corrine giggles shyly and blushes at Ben's suggestion, but says nothing of it, taking a sudden interest in her cup of cider, with a sly glance at Elize.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Elize blushes for a second, but her glare was more than evident as Athelstan could feel it piercing it's back.

"
I'll pass that opportunity Ser Benedict, no doubt you speak out of experience and sound advice, but I'll just have to look for him in the Bartheld pavilion or simply send a messenger for him"
Athelstan looks at Elize.

She reveals nothing, but a polite smile to him, making Athelstan wonder in how much trouble he could be.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum