Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed) Empty [D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 am

Fresh from the bath, Baelon goes to Gwyn's tent, hoping to discuss the proposition that Dunstan just set before him.
It could be good, but it's not necessarily what's best... and it's not just me that it would affect.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed) Empty Re: [D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed)

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 am

Inside Gwyneth has got a mirror of polished metal set up, and is looking at herself critically while wearing a rather ornate dress that Baelon recognizes as her 'best' one, in the sense that it's the most expensive. She seems to be comparing different items of jewelry to see which looks the best with it.

"
Good afternoon,"
she says with a quick smile back over her shoulder at him. "
Goodness, that's twice in one day we've scurried off to one another's tents. If there wasn't so much else going on at the tournaments, I'd be concerned about setting tongues to wag. What do you think? Peridot, or garnet? The peridot is less gaudy, but I feel like the color works better..."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed) Empty Re: [D7:LA] To face the future, together (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:09 am

"
The peridot, I think. It sets off the color of your eyes. Besides, you've no need to be gaudy - it only distracts from your beautiful face."

He steps up behind her, placing his hands gently on her shoulders.
"
Soon my dear one, we'll not have two tents, but one - and no need to scurry back and forth or worry about tongues wagging."

His thumbs gently knead into the muscles of her upper back, her shoulders, her neck.
"
I just had a most interesting conversation with Dunstan. It seems he's not completely given up on having you swear fealty to House Tullison. Remember the banner house that Ben was to be head of? Dunstan is considering me for the position. I told him I was interested, but that I couldn't commit until I talked with you. I'd be just as pleased to stay with House Marsten and become the Keeper of the Gate, if you'd rather stay with your sister and cousin."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Gwyn closed her eyes and leaned back into Baelon's hands. "
Hmmm,"
she sighed.

He knew her well enough to know when she was stalling for time, thinking things through before reacting.

Her immediate reaction was startlement...something like this had never even entered her mind as a possibility. Not that Baelon was a bad choice for a bannerman, but he was an odd choice. A bastard, sworn to another House? But this was Dunstan, of course. Gwyn allowed herself a private smirk. Yve is probably throwing a fit. There were nits to pick though. Trifles, really.

"
Has he talked about what lands he's granting with the title?"
she asked. "
And you say he's considering you...what does he need to make a decision?"

Gwyn seemed quite cool on the surface about the whole thing, but Baelon could see some tells. The quick flexing of her fingers, as if furtively grabbing at something. The subtle, restless shifting of her balance to and fro. Yes, she was interested. She didn't want to seem excited over it yet, in case it all came to nothing, but she was very interested indeed.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:50 pm

"
I don't know what criteria he is using. He made the same offer to Jon Cobb, though what value he sees in that sell-sword as a bannerman I know not. Probably Dunstan is as hung up on the song as Jon is... though if he knew the gruesome truth behind it he would probably not be so star struck."

Like I was once, but I was half Dunstan's age...

"
He did not say which lands specifically, but likely it would be all mountains and clansmen, just like the rest of Tullison lands. It could be a hard life, with poor land for farming and no guarantee of mining resources.More dangerous than staying with House Marsten, too. We would essentially be living on the front lines of the clan attacks, and with fewer troops defending us. Think of what happened to the Krieger heir."

He slides his hands down her arms and around her waist, pulling her back gently against him.

"
You know how I feel about putting you in danger."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:53 pm

[OOC: Gwyn, did you want to say anything more, or shall we open this up to Corrine for her part of the conversation?]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:07 pm

(OOC - Agh, sorry, got distracted by other developments and somehow forgot to check back in here!)

Gwyn returns the embrace. "
It sounds like you'd be in most of the danger, and I admit I just about went out of my head when you were bound to fight that ironborn in the trial. Having to go through that more often would be...difficult. In that light, maybe it's not so clear what's best. On the one hand, it would be amazing to see what we could do with a House of our own. On the other...being locked in eternal warfare doesn't sound too appealing. Especially with none of the resources that we have in House Marsten."

"
I suppose it's really too soon to know if this offer is one we should accept."

He could feel the disappointment in her tone, but it was a muted thing. Things that just fell into one's lap were seldom good through and through. There was always a hidden cost with things like that.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 am

"
Yes, the risk would mostly be to me, but if I am to be fighting clansmen for the rest of my life I would rather do it at the head of a Marsten army than with just my household guard."

Not to mention being subject to Dunstan's orders... he's got even less battlefield experience than I do.
"
I do think we would make for an excellent lord and lady... but if we wait for now, an even better option could come our way. Perhaps even something in the Crownlands, if I can continue to serve and impress."

It would be nice to be closer to Dragonstone.
"
This is not something we must decide immediately. If nothing else, we should wait and see what role Corrine sees for us within House Marsten. Prominent positions within Marsten may be better than a banner house with the Tullisons."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 am

"
For now at least,"
Gwyn muses. "
Things may be different now that Corrie's taking control. And I'll have you."

She smiles at Baelon for a moment.

"
And you're right. Only a fool jumps at the first offer. There's several days of the tourney left. We'll have plenty of time to think about what we do next."

Conveniently leaving out that she had been the one jumping perhaps, but at least she was listening.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 am

"
Yes, you'll have me, and I'll have you..."

He leans down and kisses her passionately.
Whispering ever so softly in her ear, he adds:
"
...and I am so very much looking forward to having you.... waiting for the wedding is a test of my will."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:16 am

"
Is that what we've been waiting for?"
Gwyneth stretched up on her toes a bit so her mouth could be by Baelon's ear.

"
It occurs to me that the people at the tourney can be divided into two camps,"
she murmured. "
Those who don't care if we've slept together, and those who believe we already have. It seems to me that if you're going to be looked askance at for doing something anyway, you may as well do it. Otherwise you have all the bad parts and none of the good."

She backed away a step to give him her most mischievous grin.

"
Wouldn't you say?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Baelon blinks, stunned for a moment.
This is why I love this woman.

A wicked, mischievous grin crosses his face. It is good that his back is to the tent entrance, lest he scare off random passers-by.
"
I had wanted to spare you from any additional rumors, you've had more than a few unkind and untrue ones levied at you..."

He whispers in her ear.
"
...but if that is how you feel, then tonight after the ball, let's find somewhere quiet and make it less so. In the meantime..."

He playfully nibbles her earlobe before continuing his thought.
"
...I want you to imagine {Censored: NSFW}. Keep that image in your head all evening, and tonight we will make it a reality."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Gwyn giggled, though the pinkening of her cheeks betrayed the effectiveness of Baelong's teasing. But two could play at that game.

"
Well then, as long as we're making promises, I shall make one for you as well."
She backed up a step, her eyes glinting with gleeful malice.

"
Among the things my father brought back from Essos before his last trip was a book. I've no doubt it was never meant for my eyes, but I secreted away everything of his I could find. The book is titled, 'To be Khaleesi,' and it is a rather impressive work of a man of the Free City of Braavos and his attempt to learn of the Dothraki by speaking to the women, rather than the men."
Gwyn smiled. "
Perhaps he hoped he'd fare better than those who tried to engage the warriors in extended conversation."

"
Anyway, the book is almost impossible to find on this side of the Narrow Sea, because it has several chapters in which he details the practices of a long line of women who's only hold on power is the degree to which they can please their husband in bed, and gain his favor. Chapters which I have read over...and over...and over again."

She closed in on Baelon, her smile turning predatory.

"
The khaleesi keep their heads by being able to take the most battle-hardened, ruthless, and savage beast-men known in any land, and conquer them with lust and pleasure."

Gwyn paused, searching Baelon's face for a moment. "
I'm rather looking forward to seeing if it works on Westerosi as well."

"
Enjoy the ball, dear."
She glanced down and chuckled.

"
You may want to avoid wearing the tights."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 pm

He returns her smile.
"
If 'ruthless' and 'savage' is what you desire, I'm sure you will find that I will rise to the occasion. Be warned though, dragons are not so easily tamed as horses."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Gwyn grins.

"
They'd better not be, lest too light winning makes the prize light."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down