Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7:EE] Mother Knows Best

2 posters

Go down

[D7:EE] Mother Knows Best Empty [D7:EE] Mother Knows Best

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:03 pm

The stands were packed for the final round of the joust. The crowd alive with anticipation. Revelry and cheer go up all around the tourney ground. All except one figure. A small smile her only show of jubilation. Her hands folded studiously in her lap. Her back straight and demeanor proper. Lady Isobel was every bit the bastion of tradition and propriety.

Ben looks to the Marsten seats where Isobel sits. Feeling slightly uncomfortable dressed in his finer clothes, just to show her he can play the part, he climbs to her. All the shit I have seen and that small frail women still puts fear in my heart.

Moving closer he addresses her at a moderate level, not abrasive or to weak. "
My Lady, may I have a moment of your time. I promise to be brief."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D7:EE] Mother Knows Best Empty Re: [D7:EE] Mother Knows Best

Post by Reader Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Lady Isobel smiles indulgently, keen to demonstrate good etiquette and having recovered from the shock of the initial announcement.

"
You have as much of my time as you need my son."

She looks Ser Benedict up and down, with no open sign of whether or not his outfit passes muster.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Ben stands a step below her attempting to look humble. "
My Lady, first I would like to apologize for the way things were presented to you the other day. More consideration and time should have went into the whole affair, but with the drastic events at breakfast and the change to Lord Dunstan and Lady Corrine's agreement, we all felt it best to bring the news to you before others did.

He draws in a deep breath, shoring his resolve. "
I would like you to know I had no intentions to claim Lord Corben's seat, but nor will I ever let it be tarnished or fall. He was a great man and I feel privileged to have served him. As long as I draw breath I will do all I can to secure House Marsten's legacy.

I do not contend to know all I need to or believe that which I do know is the only way. I know I am not the husband you intended for your daughter. I also understand your reasoning.

With that said. I am willing to listen and learn to become as close to your ideal husband for her as I can. If someone were willing to guide me, I would gladly accept.

May the father help you to judge me fairly and the mother instruct you to show mercy in that judgment."
Ben lowers his head briefly letting his words settle. Then brings his eyes back up to meet Lady Isobel's.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:22 pm

He speaks better than his birth, at least. Knows how to show respect by words at least, even as my daughter disrespects me in deed. Let us see if he can match deeds to words in time.

"
Ser must forgive my shock. A mother spends months fretting over a daughter's marriage, only to have carefully vetted plans and candidates swept away."

"
All concerned say you fought well beside Lord Tullison against Ser Lionel Darry's raiders."

"
Let us start with a fresh page as we author a new chapter in House Marsten's glorious history together. I am certain this is only the beginning of Sers great deeds."

Given Corrine's offer of joining her council, it was clear Lady Isobel did not intend to give up power easily.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:03 am

"
My Lady need not ask forgiveness from me. As for todays incident, I simply did my duty. Starting anew is a most gracious and wise suggestion, my lady. Together we shall propel House Marsten higher."
He bows formally.

"
Thank you for hearing my words, and giving me yours, my lady. I look forward to our future interactions. I will not keep you longer. Good day, My Lady."
He bows again less formally this time and starts to retreat.

[/Scene unless Isobel has more to say]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down