Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 ME]Hello, beastie[Closed]

2 posters

Go down

[D8 ME]Hello, beastie[Closed] Empty [D8 ME]Hello, beastie[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:50 pm

During Mushroom's little show, Theomore had spotted Lord Haig, clearly not quite at his best after the melee. The main reason as to why he himself did not take part. Winning glory there was quite difficult, and you were like to ruin the remainder of the day, if not considerably longer long before you had a chance at any.

He learned that years ago, so he preferred avoidance, doubly so around Coldbrooks after that tragic incident. And now, it may play into his advantage, he had a need for words with Lord Bracken, and Lord Bracken was probably in a state of mind for a speedy resolution.

"
My lord Bracken, may I have a word?"
Theomore stays on his toes, very conscious about doing this correctly, his sister in law was a Blackwood, and that was not something like to have gone unnoticed by Lord Haig. That the Tullisons had been on the other side of various skirmishes not too long ago even less so.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D8 ME]Hello, beastie[Closed] Empty Re: [D8 ME]Hello, beastie[Closed]

Post by Reader Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:35 pm

"
Aye Ser Theomore, you may have your word, but make it a quiet one. I can still hear the melee ringing in my ears."
He swirls the ale in has tankard and shakes his head - the Beast of Bracken is an imposing sight, but he seems battered and weary.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:40 pm

"
I think we all need a bit of quiet after the dwarf had his way with us, my lord."
Theomore quips softly. "
It did seem to my eyes that someone might have tampered with your saddle yesterday? I am curious as to whether you know who might have done that?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:58 pm

Lord Bracken raises an eyebrow.

"
I confess I have my suspicions, and find them troubling. A new enemy, or at least his servants - if it is who I suspect, he has enough trouble without inviting the wrath of House Bracken."

Haig raises his voice to emphasise the point, then winces, his ears still ringing from the melee.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 pm

"
Some men are not known for their keen wits, my lord"
Theomore quips, it was not too hard to guess who he had in mind. "
I find the incident curious, perhaps my lord have heard of the incident with my nephew's horse some days ago? Someone attempted to pin the blame on Ser Garibald, though why a jouster of his calibre would need such...assistance eludes me."

"
Nothing out of the ordinary was reported?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:27 pm

"
Curious stuff. Ser Fredryk Vance is a competent fellow, I assume he resolved proceedings to a satisfactory conclusion? Or should I add Ser Garibald to my suit against the Freys?"
Lord Bracken lacked Themore's subtlety, and the wine and his throbbing head meant the name was easily extracted from him.

"
It never hurts a man's cause to have a knight of high repute like Ser Garibald lend his voice in support of a just cause."

"
Blasted fool of a Frey. Why me? Why Ser Garibald? To aid a wager, or a deeper plot?"

Haig clutches his temple at the thought of more plots, taking a gulp of wine to ease the pain.

[OOC: intrigue discussion handled offscreen, Haig is too weighed down with penalties to put up much of a fight]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:52 pm

"
Ser Fredryk did indeed, though the true culprit remains a mystery to us."
Theomore ponders for a moment, or at least pretends to. "
Though now that you mention it, Lord Dunstan was tasked by Lord Tully to investigate what transpired at the inn that night, and his inquiries were not exactly subtle. It would, perhaps, not be too much of a stretch to imagine that a man with a reputation for fury had a hope that a sabotaged horseshoe might lead to tragedy."

"
Though such remains rather speculative, with no person of suspicion being reported at either scene. All we can ascertain is that the one thing the riders of each horse have in common is the dislike directed towards them from the same man."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:23 pm

"
Lord Tullison has that reputation, true. I imagine it is one we share!"

Another swig of wine.

"
Better to be known as a man who does his business in public than some skulking vagabond, eh?"

He grunts.

"
We have a motive, and two instances suggests design rather than ill-luck. The day's event's may have provided an opportunity for justice to arrive swiftly. I was not present at that farce of a trial this morning - did Lord Tully find a champion to stand for the Seven, or did the fine knights present all piss their breeches in fear? I'll wager no Blackwood had the balls to stand."

[OOC: Lord Bracken is willing to stand against Ser Benjen Frey in trial by combat if everyone else is unwilling. As that thread is still open for responses, we're effectively fade to black and /scene here, with Ser Theomore informing Lord Bracken of the identity of any challenger, or letting him know the way is clear for Lord Bracken to face Ser Benjen]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down