Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed) Empty [D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Having sent word ahead of a visit, Corrine walks with a slight limp, at a gentle pace, alongside Ser Kevan, arm-in-arm with Ben, approaching Lord Blackwood's tent and announcing their presence.

She gives Kevan a warm, reassuring smile.

Last edited by 151 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed) Empty Re: [D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:52 am

In a low voice Ben speaks to Kevan. "
Ser Kevan might I suggest you take a page from Lady Corrine's book and remember to pay homage to House Blackwoods faith. It will show your sincerity and acceptance. "
He gives Corrine a knowing smile.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed) Empty Re: [D9, EA] Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady (Closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:27 am

Kevan, dressed in his finest garbs, waits for the Blackwood guards to allow them to enter. At Ser Ben's words he nods slightly. "
A good suggestion. I will make sure to do that."
He turns around again to face the entrance of the pavilion.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:29 am

(Placeholder)
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:26 am

With House Marsten's visit flagged with advance with the good manners the Realm associates with the house, Lord Blackwood's guard swiftly usher the delegation inside.

Lord Bryan Blackwood stands inside, flanked by his equally tall and thin son, Ser Tytos. Lady Sofia is present but sits further back, the willowy beauty seemingly confined to quarters to avoid scandal or a strong breeze carrying her away.

Lord Blackwood nods and his son bows in respectful greeting.

"
We are honoured to receive House Marsten's delegation,"
says Lord Blackwood with stiff formality.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:50 am

Corrine curtsies deeply, smiling warmly as she comes back up;

"
My Lord. Ser Tytos. My Lady"
she greets them. "
Thank you for receiving us. I trust you all are well."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:05 am

Ser Kevan follows the example of the Blackwood sons and bows as well, his face showing a friendly smile, leaving it to Lady Corrine to lead the conversation.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:10 am

"
As well as can be expected Lady Corrine. This tourney has not been as happy an occasion for my family as it has been for your House,"
says Lord Blackwood plainly, but not in an unfriendly tone.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:31 am

Reader wrote:"
As well as can be expected Lady Corrine. This tourney has not been as happy an occasion for my family as it has been for your House,"
says Lord Blackwood plainly, but not in an unfriendly tone.

"
You have my condolences for your misfortunes, my lord. This tourney has brought unhappiness to many, unfortunately,"
Corrine sympathises. "
However, it is my hope that the tidings we bring will be welcomed as good news. Ser Benedict and I have come with Ser Kevan today to ask if you would grant him your daughter's hand in marriage."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Lord Blackwood nods.

"
A most irregular courtship, but my son speaks well of your bannerman."

He gestures towards Ser Tytos, who does not speak.

"
As for my fool of a daughter, she seems to believe Ser Kevan has stepped in to our world from a heroic tapestry or stained glass window."

He addresses Ser Kevan directly for the first time.

"
Do not disappoint her - she thinks you a balladeer's song made flesh."

He rolls his eyes, a mix of genuine admiration and fondness.

"
House Lyras has served your family well, but it does not have House Blackwood's standing in the realm."

"
There will be no dowry."

Lady Sofia can only sit and listen as her fate is bargained away...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:29 pm

"
I understand your position on this matter,"
Corrine began, gently. "
Your house has not been as fortunate as ours. However, there is the fact that, if my wording may be forgiven, Ser Kevan would be taking 'damaged goods', so to speak, off your hands. You are unlikely to find another of his station to marry her. Ser Kevan is to be granted lands of his own soon, so he will be providing her with a better situation than you could otherwise expect for her. Given your citcumstances, I would not expect a full dowry, but might you be able to contribute some modest amount towards the wedding as a gift? [ooc: 1 Wealth]

We would also be willing to have your Benjicot come to Hartshorn as a ward, to be a Page to Ser Benedict, with a Lyras boy doing the same for yourselves."

[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6 12
Goal: Get Lord Blackwood to contribute 1 Wealth to House Marsten, and give Benjicot as a ward.
ID: 9
Composure: 12

[url=Convince][/url]: 5d6 19

Last edited by 151 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:39 pm

[OOC: Right, everybody put your intrigue statistics in here. Plus 10 rounds or so of actions and rolls, then I'll do the same for NPCs and some fool can crunch the details.

Remember that Corrine and Lord Blackwood lead (and do intrigue damage, but the rest of you can mollify manipulate etc.

Or we can go with the yield option -

Marriage agreed to
Robb Blackwood fostered (a cousin, not main branch of family like Bejicot)
0 Wealth transferred
A member of House Lyras is fostered with House Blackwood

Blackwoods win:

Marriage agreed to
Robb Blackwood fostered (a cousin, not main branch of family like Bejicot)
1 Wealth transferred to House Blackwood to allow for difference in status
Two members of House Lyras fostered with House Blackwood]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 pm

[ooc: [url=Read Target][/url]: 4d6k3 13

[url=Convince][/url]: 10#5d6+1 14 24 20 18 22 19 19 17 16 18

Composure: 12

Ben, please roll 10 Mollify.
Kevan, please roll 10 Assist.

Someone please crunch the numbers because I hath no head for maths. ]

Last edited by 151 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:04 pm

[url=Mollify Persuasion TN12][/url]: 10#3d6+5 15 16 14 17 15 17 15 14 17 12

Composure: 9

3,3,3,4,3,4,3,3,4,3 points Composure restored each round to Corrine
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:19 pm

[url=Assist][/url]: 10#4d6 9 13 16 11 16 18 22 14 15 19
+2 to each test

-->
Corrine's results: 16 26 22 20 24 21 21 19 18 20
(I can calculate the whole outcome, once reader posts the Blackwood actions and intrigue statistics)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Lord Bryan Blackwood

ID: 12
Composure: 9

[url=Status (Initiative)][/url]: 6d6+2 18
[url=Read Target (Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 18
[url=Persuade (Charm)][/url]: 5d6 18
[url=Persuade (Charm)][/url]: 8#5d6 13 18 21 19 17 16 28 18

4 Influence per DoS

Ser Tytos Blackwood

[url=Status (Initiative)][/url]: 4d6+1 13
[url=Mollify][/url]: 10#3d6+1 14 15 12 9 8 9 15 17 12 17

3 Composure recovered per success.

Sofia Blackwood

She keeps her counsel, hoping that her fortunes have finally turned and her knight has truly come for her. She is unwilling to speak out against her family, but Gwyneth's work and Ser Kevan's romantic presentation of the Queen of Love and Beauty's crown mean she will not aid her family in negotiations.

[OOC: Ser Kevan, number crunching assistance is much appreciated!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:13 pm

This assumes, that the mollify actions only start, once the respective participant takes "
damage"
:

Round 1
Bryan: Read Target 18 (success!)
Corrine: Read Target 13 (success? Deception higher than 3?)
Kevan: +2 to next test (and on all subsequent rolls, not shown each time, Corrine’s result always including the assist)

Round 2
Bryan: Charm 18 / 2 DoS / -4 / Corrine Composure 8
Corrine: Convince 21 / 2 DoS / -4 / Bryan Composure 5
Tyron: Mollify +3 / Bryan Composure 8
Ben: Mollify Mollify +3 / Corrine Composure 11

Round 3
Bryan: Charm 13 / 1 DoS / 0 / Corrine Composure 11
Corrine: Convince 16 / 1 DoS / 0 / Bryan Composure 8
Tyron: Mollify +3 / Bryan Composure 9
Ben: Mollify Mollify +3 / Corrine Composure 12

Round 4
Bryan: Charm 18 / 2 DoS / -4 / Corrine Composure 8
Corrine: Convince 26 / 3 DoS / -8 / Composure 1
Tyron: Mollify +3 / Bryan Composure 4
Ben: Mollify Mollify +3 / Corrine Composure 11

Round 5
Bryan: Charm 21/ 3 DoS / -8 / Corrine Composure 3
Corrine: Convince 22 / 2 DoS / -4 / Bryan takes 1 frustration, Composure 3
Tyron: Mollify +0 / Bryan Composure 3
Ben: Mollify Mollify +4 / Corrine Composure 7

Round 6
Bryan: Charm 19, with frustration 18 / 2 DoS / -4 / Corrine Composure 3
Corrine: Convince 20 / 2 DoS / -4 / Bryan takes second frustration, Composure 2
Tyron: Mollify +0 / Bryan Composure 2
Ben: Mollify +4 / Corrine Composure 7

Round 7
Bryan: Charm 17, with frustration 13 / 1 DoS / 0 / Corrine Composure 7
Corrine: Convince 24 / 3 DoS / -8 / Bryan takes third frustration, influence still higher than composure -->
defeated

This does NOT take into account the additonal dice from Read Target. Reader: Does Corrines Read Target 13 beat Bryan's passive deception? If yes, then the outcome is almost certainly the same as above, as both participants have more firepower. If not, it could get a bit more interesting as he would probably have a couple of 3DoS rounds (would recalculate in that case). Corrine's higher composure in an intrigue shootout (aided by Ben's consistent mollifying) is just worth more than the slightly higher intrigue defense of the Blackwood)

[Review by a fellow player encouraged :;
-): ]

Last edited by 157 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:17 pm

[OOC: I've included the benefit of Read target in Lord Blackwood's rolls, and Corrine succeeds in her roll too, so it's definitely a Marsten victory. Sofia sitting out is a big help.

Very helpful for your help Ser Kevan, appreciate it. Laying it out like that is very clear.

House Marsten players - feel free to narrate the negotiations to showcase your victory, then I'll come in and tie a bow on things.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:49 pm

[ooc: Woohoo! RP to follow, once I've co-ordinated with Ben &
Kevan!]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:18 pm

After much involved discussion, some consternation from Lord Blackwood, and careful encouragement from Ben and Kevan, Corrine's polite charm and persuasion win out, and Lord Blackwood agrees to House Marsten's offer.
The marriage between Lady Sofia and Ser Kevan is settled, with a modest payment being made by Lord Blackwood towards the wedding, in the stead of a full dowry, and Benjicot Blackwood is agreed to be fostered at Hartshorn, as a page for Ser Benedict, while Bryen Lyras will be fostered at Raventree Hall.

"
I am glad we could come to an accord,"
Corrine smiles. "
Congratulations, Kevan, Lady Sofia."

Last edited by 151 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Lady Sofia smiles, almost as radiantly as when she was named queen of love and beauty. She manages to remember her tutor's lessons and restrain herself from dashing across the room and throwing herself in to Ser Kevan's arms, but it is a near run thing.

Instead, she makes do with a simple curtsey to the Marsten party, while Lord Blackwood and his son offer formal bows.

"
Ill made circumstances may makes fine marriages,"
says Ser Tyron sincerely. "
Ser Kevan has made quite a name for himself by feats of arms. I am certain my gentle sister will be safe under the arms of House Marsten and House Lyras."

Lord Blackwood nods, in satisfaction or relief at the negotiation's resolution.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Corrine smiles at the Blackwoods with more warmth now that negotiations have ended.

"
Ser Kevan and House Marsten shall cherish her. Now, there are to be two weddings here at Riverrun within two weeks;
my own, and that of Ser Baelon and my cousin, Lady Gwyneth. Would it be desirable to add a third, or would it be preferable to wait until a later date?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Lord Blackwood ponders Corrine's question for a moment, his long fingers drumming against the table.

"
A small affair the day after your grander proceedings. Given all that has gone on I believe something modest would be... appropriate. Riverrun shall lend proceedings enough grandeur."

Not a moment to confer with Sofia, his flesh and blood. Politics first. House Blackwood, first.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:12 pm

"
Very well. We are not given to ostentation ourselves, so a modest affair will be fitting. If you must return to Raventree Hall today, by all means leave a representative for the ceremony."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
Very well. We are not given to ostentation ourselves, so a modest affair will be fitting. If you must return to Raventree Hall today, by all means leave a representative for the ceremony."

"
A father should be there to see his cloak removed from his daughter's shoulders and replaced with that of her new house. House Blackwood offers its sorrows that Lord Corben will not be present at your wedding except in spirit."

Lord Blackwood made no mention of the rumours and gossip about the unconventional nature of the Marsten marriage that had scandalised much of the court. It was a mercy to House Marsten's historically spotless reputation that this sudden outbreak of unconventional behaviour had coincided with even wilder events.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next