Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 LE] What's in a cell..

3 posters

Go down

[D8 LE] What's in a cell.. Empty [D8 LE] What's in a cell..

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm

It is already late in the day, when Ser Kevan walks down the narrow stairway to the Castle's Dungeon. A candle in one hand to guide him through the dark path, a flask of wine in the other, he walks up to the small chamber of the Tully guard who is on duty here.

"
Good man, I am Ser Kevan Lyras, one of the seven knights, who rode out to defeat Darry's zealots. I understand, the prisoners from that fight are held here? I need to pay them a short visit..."
his voice trailing off, eyes fixed on the man-at-arms.
I hope he is not too eager to get his sergeant involved...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D8 LE] What's in a cell.. Empty Re: [D8 LE] What's in a cell..

Post by Reader Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 pm

"
Of course Ser Kevan - no man in Riverrun's garrison will obstruct one of Lord Tullison's seven!"

"
I shall lead you to them myself, but Ser Fredryk requires that we observe any interrogation."

Ser Kevan is led deep in to the dungeons, where the defeated remains of Ser Lionel's faithful are imprisoned...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:57 am

The defeated woodsmen are held together in a larger cell, but Kevan decides that they are unlikely to have any knowledge of the greater organisation of the outlaws, so he turns around to look for the imprisoned knight that yielded to Ser Baelon during the fight. He finds him in another cell sitting on a small stone bench. Kevan steps to the ironbared door and greets the prisoner.
Maybe two days in a dark cell have affected him...
"
I don't know your name Ser, but I would like to have a word with you"

The wineskin still in his hand for the prisoner to see...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:00 am

"
Ser Eustace Darry."
A cousin, from a minor branch.

"
I know you Ser - Kevan Lyras, if the guardsmen have the truth of any. Sad to see the devout House Marsten's swords turned against the faith."

"
Fair-weather friends and ill-made knights."

He spits, although he is clearly on thin food and water as little but spittle emerges.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:17 am

"
Ser Kevan it is indeed, Ser Eustace."
, his voice deep but not threatening.
He gestures with the wineskin

"
I would like to offer you a drink, while we talk but only if we can leave out the insults and speak like proper nobles..."

Two days of little food, a couple cups of wine and maybe you talk more easily, little shit

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:24 am

"
No wine from godless knights,"
says Ser Eustace. "
We are the Warrior's Sons reborn, I will not pollute my body with wine like lesser men."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Ser Kevan sighs tiredly.
Why are these idiots alwys so eager to change these talks into an insulting competition...
He turns to the guardman watching the conversation: Could you please send word to Lady Gwyneth Marsten to join me here? She should be at the pavilions. Oh and since our prisoners seems not interested in wine I am sure you can find a good use for it"
handing him the wineskin with a wink.

He turns back to the cell: "
Ok Ser Eustace, I take it you were onw of Ser Lionel's trusted companions? Were you involved in his planning or merely another sword in his cause without anything to say?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:10 am

"
It will be done hast-post-haste,"
nods the guardsman eagerly.

[Simple intrigue to see what you get from Ser Eustace initially, basic ID TN 6 for average knight +3 for religious zealouty, DoS matter]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Here is the roll for the initial simple intrigue:
[url=Convince (Cell)][/url]: 5d6k4+2-2 19
RP for further interrogation will follow once Gwyn is here

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:19 am

Kevan hears voices from down the hall well before Gwyn arrives at the cell door.

"
Ser Kevan!"
she exclaims happily. "
There you are! Come out into the hall and say hello. Whatever you're doing in there can wait for the moment."

When Kevan emerges, she drops her voice immediately to keep it from carrying and asks, "
What have you learned so far?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Ser Kevan is no mere brute with a sword, and where other men would have grown frustrated he is able to draw boasts from Ser Eustace of his importance and role in Ser Lionel's ranks...

[OOC: 3 DoS

1) He confirms what was learned from Holy Harry previously - his information is a little fresher as he's not been rotting in a cell
Holy Harry's comments - "
Ser Lionel normally has us operate in smaller groups, but at Rugar's hold we must have had at least a couple of hundred men if not more, stout old Darry men at arms and the new warriors Ser Lionel is training. The Warrior's Sword is reserved for the holiest among us - twenty true Andal knights, old Darry champions and new men Ser LIonel has dubbed. Any knight can make a knight, but who better to be dubbed by than one of the few true knights left in the realm. A faithful Andal son could ask for nothing more."

- Updated: core of 320 men, including twenty knights. Anything in excess of this will be peasants rasied by fiery speeches, woodsmen and hunters rather than true warriors (said with some contempt).

2) As well as the Hamlet of Sulla in Riverthorn that Loreia previously learned of, Ser Kevan is able to push Ser Eustace of bragging that he was responsible for their cell in Market Town, a prosperous town in the Riverlands. The local sept is loosely aware of Ser Lionel's band, but tries to control them and isn't aware of their more extreme actions, mainly providing shelter and food. They have an armoury in Market Town but Ser Eustace doesn't know where it is. He regards the local Septon, Harald Finch, as a "
Seven cursed degenerate"

3) They attempted to recruit the Septry at Shattered Rock to their cause, trusting in rumours that the Sept was trying to resurrect the Faith Militant. However, they were rebuffed, with the Septon keen to maintain his neutrality. "
Blasted coward. Won't stand against tree-worshippers and Northern degenerates"
. This was a particular source of frustration as the Septry is defensible and self-sufficient in food.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Kevan lowers his voice as well, trying to inform Gwyn as accurate as possible without making it obvious to the prisoner that they were discussing the information he provided: "
Eustace Darry. The knight. Knows quite a lot. Gave us a few clues about where to find other cells. Did not speak about any sources within Riverrun yet."

He turns around and enters the dungeon hallway again, waiting for Gwyn to enter behind him.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum