Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House

3 posters

Go down

[D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House Empty [D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:53 pm

The ceremony was simple, but formal.

They met before the heart tree - as befits a northern house.
Baelon, dressed in finery but with his sword strapped to his side, faces his new liege, Lord Tomas Coldbrook.

He draws his sword and kneels, presenting the sword hilt first to Lord Tomas.
"
I, Ser Baelon Waters, do swear before the old gods and the new, to serve as your faithful retainer. My sword is yours."

Lord Tomas takes the sword and holds it out between them, sideways.
"
I, Lord Tomas Coldbrook, do accept your sword and your service. In return I grant to you lands that you may flourish in my service. Upon these lands shall you raise a new noble house."

He hands the sword back.
"
Take this sword and rise, Lord Baelon Drakeson."

Baelon takes the sword, stands, and sheathes it. He turns to face the audience.
"
Let it be known that henceforth shall I be known as Baelon Drakeson, the lord of House Drakeson, and this shall be my escutcheon."

He gestures, and a page comes forth bearing a shield covered by fabric. Baelon removes the fabric, revealing the device.

[D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House D8Fv5jN.png
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House Empty Re: [D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Daveth wanted to be grinning widely. Actually, he wanted to be giggling in joy. He'd *done* it! House Drakeson would turn House Coldbrook's weakest area, that of diplomacy, into a pillar of strength. It would be the single greatest jump in power since the House's founding.

What he was *actually* doing was merely smiling happily, while applauding the unveiling.

Yes. You've invited the dragon into your home. And for a while, it will be appreciative of the new space. But dragons don't walk, they soar, and Lady Gwyneth is scarce less ambitious. You may yet regret this.

Still, Daveth applauds. If they become a problem, I'll just add them to the list. For now, they're a solution, and I've got too many problems now to go borrowing tomorrow's.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House Empty Re: [D9: Epilogue] The Hatching of a House

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:33 pm

It wasn't, strictly speaking, proper...but Gwyn had to sidle up to Baelon's side and take his hand as the applause began in earnest. Partly because she was so proud of him that she either found a way to show it, or she'd burst open like a watermelon on a hot day. And part of it was simply that where there was applause, Gwyn wanted to be in the direction it was pointing at.

She beamed up at Baelon and gave him a curtsy. "
My Lord Drakeson,"
she said, with just a hint of playfulness.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:46 pm

"
My Lady Gwyneth."
He responds, equally beaming. "
Today I am the sole member of House Drakeson, but I very much look forward to our doubling that number."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down