Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed) Empty [D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:08 am

Baelon arrives with the rest of the Drakeson contingent, as well as Ser Jorah and John the Trapper.

As they arrive, Baelon turns to Ser Jorah, Maester Leopold, and John Trapper.
"
The first thing to do is to speak with the remaining monks. However, we cannot assume that they will be honest with us - while Lady Gwyneth and I speak to them, I want you three to simply watch their reactions - those we are speaking with and just as importantly, those who we aren't. Look for any reaction at all. If you see anything though, don't interrupt us - we wouldn't want to tip our hand too early."

Entering the remains of the septry, Baelon seeks approaches the closest monk.
"
Greetings. I am Lord Baelon Drakeson, and I am here under the authority of King Viserys to investigate the destruction of your sept and bring the criminals to justice. I would like to speak to whomever is in charge, but first, could you please tell me, in your own words, what happened in the attack?"
He interviews a succession of monks - the first one, their leader, and all those who had made claims of having seen something of interest;
angry monks, sad monks, and even a mad monk or two.

After speaking with the monks, he proceeds outside and has another conversation with Ser Jorah, Maester Leopold, and John the Trapper. They speak of the tactical significance of the attack, who might have benefited, whether they might have had inside help, and other such tactical matters.

They then turn their attention to the field of battle itself, seeking clues as to where the attackers might have come from and where they might have gone.

Investigation (Shattered septry):
Awareness (empathy)
[url=Investigate the Sept - Coordinate awareness][/url]: 3d6 7 (fails) +0

Persuasion/deception (any)
[url=Investiging the Sept - Persuasion(Charm)][/url]: 6d6+2 22 2#1d5 3 2 ->
+2 (Maester Leopold &
Trapper John assists)
+1 (Ser Jorah coordinates)
Total: 30

Warfare (strategy/tactics)
[url=Investigate the Sept - Coordinate Warfare][/url]: 3d6 7 (fails) +0

Survival (forage/track)
Assist Trapper John (+1)

Last edited by 111 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 7 times in total
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed) Empty Re: Who shall defend the faith, militantly? [D1:LM] (closed)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Ser Jorah rode with the Bloodriders and Lord and Lady Drakeson into the valley. He looked around at the desolation to such a holy site and swore inwardly. He took a moment to offer a prayer to the Seven, swearing he would find whom was responsible for this.

The manner of their investigation had been planned out beforehand and each of them fell into their assigned roles.

Awareness (Empathy)
[url=Awareness at Battle Valley][/url]: 3d6k3 12

Persuasion
Coordinating Trapper John and Leopold for Baelon
[url=Coordinating Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 13 - adds +1 or +2

Warfare (strategy/tactics)

[url=Warfare at the septry][/url]: 5d6k4 14 - typical

Trapper John and Leopold are assisting +1 apiece, with Baelon coordinating - currently 16

Survival
[url=Survival at Battle Valley][/url]: 2d6k2 7

[url=Trapper John survival check][/url]: 3d6k3 12
assists by Baelon &
Leopold, Gwyn coordinates - currently 17
[url=Coordinate survival][/url]: 4d6 15

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed) Empty Re: [D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:32 am

As Ser Jorah was finished examining the battle and preparing to leave, he spotted a familiar face arriving.

"
Septon Arlyn,"
he shouted, "
good to see you despite the current surroundings"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed) Empty Re: [D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Septon Arlyn's wagon came to a creaking halt in front of the desecrated Sept. "
Hello and good morning!"
replied the Septon. "
I see you have chosen to investigate the Sept as well. It is dark times that such attacks would happen on a holy place, Be they wierwoods or septries."
Septon Arlyn's eyes take in the damage done to the Sept and his usually jovial countenance darkens. "
First Benjen Frey escaping from the nights train and then this attack on the Septry, Is there nothing scared left in westerous?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Ser Jorah nodded solemnly, "
there was no need for this, but then there is no need for any of this. As I understand it though, Ser Walton Dulver removed the threat of Ser Benjen Frey most permanently."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:39 pm

"
Aye Ser, that he did. Although I was most afraid of that confrontation. Ser Walton is quite young and I was worried that the Furious Freys greater experience would cause him to end the young Lord's life. But thankfully Ser Walton Dulver stood triumphant and the rebels where disbanded without any further loss of life."
Septon Arlyn scans the Septry again. "
Do you think that the Blackwoods could have done this? They are worshipers of the old gods, but even then I would find it difficult to believe that they could do this. For the Coldbrooks that I have met that worship the old gods do not seem like that would be enough of a reason to attack this Septry."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Having been distracted in his own thoughts and fallen a slight ways behind the Septon as they approached, Luecian catches up to the Septon and the Knight exchanging words. He recognizes the knight from his infamous contest against the later bandit knight, Ser Benjen Frey and his long advancement throughout the jousts. "
Apologies Septon, for a few moments there I was lost in me own thoughts and fell behind."
He turns to the knight and introduces himself "
No introduction be needed for this great knight, me thinks. I do be thinking it be me privilege to meet Ser Jorah, the true knight who originally defeated the false and foul knight, Ser Benjen. Me name be Luecian good ser, but most call me Luecian 'Longbow'. Truly tis me honor."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:50 pm

"
Aye and he is good with his Bow as well, completed quite handily in the tournament at riverrun but seemed to choke in the final round"
proudly beams Septon Arlyn. "
I have been his Septon for the past few years and he is quite the character let me tell you. Always seems to have a story that is appropriate for the occasion."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 pm

"
Thank you Luecian Longbow and welcome. I missed the archery contest, so I'm afraid I did not see you shoot. It could only have been better than my efforts,"
he laughed.

"
Following the Old Gods would not lead you to destroying a septry and murdering the monks. There is more at play here, which we are investigating."
he gestures to where Lord and lady Drakeson are talking to the monks. Also present are a unit of mounted archers with Drakeson insignias,

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:40 pm

"
We are here to investigate this foul act as well."
Septon Arlyn shook his head sadly. "
There was a time when I did not think I would ever have to say the words'investigate an attack on a Septry' but I guess those times are past now."
Septon Arlyn looks to Lord and Lady Drakeson. "
I think I remember seeing their insignia at the battle on house marstens lands, but I do not recognize their symbol from any of the history. Are they a new house? To whom are they sworn?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:12 pm

"
Sadly, considering the various sects of the Faith Militant in the past and bandits thinking them easy pickings, septries have become battlegrounds before. It is sad though that this one has become victim of this feud,"
he considered for a moment, "
though things are generally not what they seem."

Septon Arlyn wrote:Septon Arlyn looks to Lord and Lady Drakeson. "
I think I remember seeing their insignia at the battle on house marstens lands, but I do not recognize their symbol from any of the history. Are they a new house? To whom are they sworn?"

Do you not remember Ser Baelon and Lady Gwyneth Marsten from the tournament last year? They now serve House Coldbrook faithfully as their banner house."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:29 pm

"
Ser Baelon"
says the Septon thoughtfully, "
Was he not the man who won the melee at the tournament in Riverrun? He would be quite the benefit to any house. Lady Gwyn sang that lovely tune that had all the Ladys cooing in delight?"
Septon Arlyn gave a slight chuckle. "
What a great couple to add to any house. I feel that they could be quite to movers and shakers I do believe."
Taking a moment to pause he adds in. "
I hear that there are some in the nobility that favor you for joining the kings guard. This would be in the spot that may soon be left open by the possible death of Rickard Thorne, related to the injuries that he sustained in defending the young prince at the riot of Riverrun. Is that something that you are seeking?
Although if you ask me Prince Aemond should have been the one protecting Ser Rickard for as skilled of a combatant at Prince Aemond is, at least from what Rudolph told me."

[OOC edit due to misinformation. Ser Rickard has yet to die. Emphasis on yet*]

Last edited by 167 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:35 pm

"
Aye, I believe Ser Baelon fought that fearsome Ironborn warrior as well."
Luecian adds to the exchange. "
Kingsguard good Ser, that would be mite impressive Ser Jorah."
He smiles at Ser Jorah trying to hide it but a bit of awe is clearly present in his eyes as he looks at the renowned knight.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:46 pm

"
Indeed, that's them. Certainly two people who garner a lot of notice and a great help to House Coldbrook."
So far he thought.

"
Septon Arlyn wrote: This would be in the spot that may soon be left open by the possible death of Rickard Thorne, related to the injuries that he sustained in defending the young prince at the riot of Riverrun. Is that something that you are seeking?
Although if you ask me Prince Aemond should have been the one protecting Ser Rickard for as skilled of a combatant at Prince Aemond is, at least from what Rudolph told me."

Ser Jorah gave the Septon a strange look, "
Ser Rickard Thorne is not dead yet and may the Seven grant him many years yet of serving the King."

He sighed, "
at least I pray to the Seven that he does pull through. What may come if he dies I do wonder about. Joining the Kingsguard would be a dream, though one fraught with intrigue at the moment."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:"
Aye, I believe Ser Baelon fought that fearsome Ironborn warrior as well."
Luecian adds to the exchange. "
Kingsguard good Ser, that would be mite impressive Ser Jorah."
He smiles at Ser Jorah trying to hide it but a bit of awe is clearly present in his eyes as he looks at the renowned knight.

"
Heh, we'll see what happens. Politics will play a part yet and that is a far more dangerous a game than any fight."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:15 pm

"
Well you would have my support Ser Jorah,"
replies the Septon simply. "
A more honorable man I have yet to meet then yourself. I only wish more knights would take their vowes as seriously as you do!"
Septon Arlyn exclaimes with reverence.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:39 pm

"
Thank you Septon Arlyn,"
Ser Jorah smiled and looked a little embarrassed, "
I am just a humble knight, but then we have seen too many knights who don't take those vows seriously. I wish that Ser Benjen's fury had not been unleashed on your lands."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Septon Arlyn got a heavy look on his face. "
Myself as well. He killed a number of families that I visited often. Having to say the rights over little Garren, son of Anton and Chaynne."
Septon Arlyn chokes up a bit at a memory. "
He always used to share with me some of his sourdough bisket that his mother would make for us when I came over to visit their house. Now he will no longer be given the chance to filch a brisket for his "
fat Septon"
"
Giving a small sigh of sadness Septon Arlyn composes himself. "
There are day's I wish that I did not instigate that false knight. However I'm glad that he now has met the stranger and is under the ground, where he can no longer bring harm to innocents."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 pm

"
I wish I had dealt a final blow to him when I had the chance."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Luecian nods along with the words of both Septon and Knight. "
We all be wishing that good Ser, but you can't hunt the past. Only do ye best to use any tracks/trails you find to lead ye closer to your quarry today."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:32 pm

"
Indeed, if wishes were horses, there'd be a stampede. If you do find anything interesting, please come and see me tonight. We have helped each other in the past and two houses from opposite sides working together to deal with a problem sends a powerful message."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:22 am

Gwyneth, having finished her work as well as could be done under the circumstances, guided her horse towards Jorah and Arlyn and gave the septon a smile and a nod.

"
Septon,"
she greeted. "
Though we've taken different paths, we are guided to the same place after so long. Gods smile on you...how have you been? And how fares House Dulver?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:47 am

House Dulver has been well m'lady Drakeson"
the Septon stammer's. "
I'm sorry My lady, I forget how beautiful marriage can make a women. You look positively radiant."
Septon Arlyn looks to the blackened walls of the Septry. "
Yes the gods have certainly put is on the same path. I just wish they could have done so in less dire circumstances."
He replies bitterly. "
I will petition the Faith it help restore this Sept, mayhaps they have some relics that could be used to sanctify this place and unite the faith here."

"
A bit of sparkle returned to his eye,"
did you hear of Lady Corinne's child? I had the pleasure of seeing her during the months of the moutian clan battles, and she appeared very pregnant. A blessing of the maiden for sure to have conceived so quickly. "
Septon Arlyn nods fervently, his jowls set to wobbling. "
Hopefully you too shall soon know the blessing of a child, mother willing"
Septon Arlyn replies, making the sign of the seven pointed star.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Gwyn repeated the gesture and nodded. "
Corrine and I saw each other not so very long ago, at Hartshorn,"
she agrees with a smile. "
It's a shame she had to leave the baby behind for this...but the Lady of a House has many duties. As for myself, I pray as well for a healthy and strong child. But of course, the gods answer prayers in their own time, not ours."

She turned to survey the remains of the Sept.

"
Such an ugly sight. Have you learned anything of what happened here yet? There's such a tangle of tales, I wonder how the truth can ever be known."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:14 pm

"
Well I have yet to complete my investigations but the rumors seem to state that it was perpetrated by the blackwoods. "
Septon Arlyn looks at the desecrated septry andf frowns. "
However I find it hard to believe that anyone would attack a peaceful place such as this, The monks are here to help the smallfolk, no matter whom they worship. I'm sure their would have been better targets to attack."
States Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next