Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+19
Samurel Manderly
Ser Raynald Dulver
Daveth Coldbrook
Lady Corrine Marsten
Gwyneth Drakeson
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Baelon Drakeson
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Reader
Kevan Lyras
Dunstan Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Athelstan
Yoren longshore
Nathaniel Mason
Theomore Tullison
23 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Ereth Redwain wrote:True we are at times of peace and its hard to be a heel, but that is my point its peace period, dont pay to be heel much, so Im nice guy now.

Consider what you write in future. The above is okay, the below isn't.

"
Doesnt pay to be a heel in lets be friends and nice version of Westeros."

You've got form for forgetting/misleading me on destiny point spending with your previous character, misleading other characters OOC as Athelstan when you should have given them information IC based on rolls and for misstating (at best) what we had agreed via PM to the other players at Athelstan's death. Claiming you hadn't agreed to thinks you'd explicitly agreed to via PMs and saying so in public forums is dishonest and erodes faith in the narrator.

I'm sorry if it feel like I'm being harsh but given previous behaviour you're on a short leash.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:22 pm

pfff, Ser Walton doesn't need anyones love! He loves himself enough!

I never (or at least for long time didn't) mentioned that Walton is going to be virtue of knight Embarassed Yeah, at the beginning he was even supposed to have Honor-bound trait, but luckily I have decided that he will be just decent man, and with time we will see the outcome :;
):

Stop judging him, he is only 19! In times of Playstation and Facebook 19 is old 13, I guess...

I'm also curious what path Walton will go...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:pfff, Ser Walton doesn't need anyones love! He loves himself enough!

I never (or at least for long time didn't) mentioned that Walton is going to be virtue of knight Embarassed Yeah, at the beginning he was even supposed to have Honor-bound trait, but luckily I have decided that he will be just decent man, and with time we will see the outcome :;
):

Stop judging him, he is only 19! In times of Playstation and Facebook 19 is old 13, I guess...

I'm also curious what path Walton will go...

See here's the problem again. If you're aiming for "
decent man"
at the moment, you're missing it by a wide margin. That's not how he comes across. As Ereth states, he comes across more "
darkside"
that "
decent man"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:33 pm

Corrine is 19, and she gets judged plenty. Suck it up.

Also, the judgement Walton is getting is justified, since you keep insisting he's "
a decent man"
, while all we've seen so far is him acting like a nasty, self-important shit.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:43 pm

I really dislike "
nice"
"
heel"
and "
bad"
as character traits, I feel that motivations is what drives an RP.
Theomore seems to be one of the most caring characters, his motivation really intrigues me OOC. He doesn't seem "
bad"
not "
evil"
simply cynical. He seems to care for something and damn the rest.
I see Walton in a similar light. He's a bit like Lennie I think, he tried to make friends and ended with ripping a mans arm out of its socket. "
Decent guy"
too is misleading, there is very few people who are the villains in their own life.
His concept of being a "
decent guy"
is not the opposite of what he did, he just wanted to prove himself as a strong man to Eoric and took it a bit too far...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:I really dislike "
nice"
"
heel"
and "
bad"
as character traits, I feel that motivations is what drives an RP.
Theomore seems to be one of the most caring characters, his motivation really intrigues me OOC. He doesn't seem "
bad"
not "
evil"
simply cynical. He seems to care for something and damn the rest.
I see Walton in a similar light. He's a bit like Lennie I think, he tried to make friends and ended with ripping a mans arm out of its socket. "
Decent guy"
too is misleading, there is very few people who are the villains in their own life.
His concept of being a "
decent guy"
is not the opposite of what he did, he just wanted to prove himself as a strong man to Eoric and took it a bit too far...

A good take on things.

So long as the players (rather than the characters) don't think they're playing someone "
decent"
when they aren't. My concern here is that both the character and the player are confused.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:01 pm

well, he was supposed to start from decent man, but leaning towards GoT Westerosi world. Actions are what create characters, when it's already 'alive'. It's turning out that Walton isn't the nicest guy, but as Yoren stated- it also doesn't mean that he is bad, evil, etc. For knowing that we must wait, as even I don't know :;
): Walton has his own path and moral compass, that's it. I didn't want some things to go the way they went, but it's what makes our small world more interesting, isn't it? What Walton did, seemed the most logical for his character's concept though :;
):

And as Yoren stated: Walton wanted to impress everybody, but Eoric seemed offended by how Walton dealt with it. Also vicious weapon is sparring isn't argument for Walton- he had to learn how to use greatsword somehow, so it's also logical that using that weapon, also any other vicious weapon is okay, also in training fight :;
): Greatsword was already out, so what could I do?

Last edited by 179 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Wishing OOC that you'd killed Eoric Tully when he didn't respond to you the way you wanted says it all, for me.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Walton comes across as a "
might makes right"
personality tbqh. Though not cruel or evil. Possibly not quite realizing his own strength or what he's doing.

Which leaves plenty of room for him to grow into a decent and honorable knight.

Good point on motivations, though I'll have to argue that cold blooded murder for the sake of social advancement is well, evil. It is generally a good idea to do OOC perception checking on one's character once in a while though. I'm generally seeing Theomore as someone that is a ruthless cynic when it comes to pursuing his goals (with a marked turn to the dark side lately, some PC's like Ellie, Gwyn and Yve both know him well enough from before and have the awareness(empathy) to suspect that something might have changed him for the worse during the past year.), but he is also loyal to family, and those he considers his friends and allies. And he's generally a nice guy so long as he isn't backstabbing you.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Even standing against Baelon in the name of dead Athelstan isn't the action of an honourable man, as previously pointed out. viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=2015

Like I said, I won't direct anyone's character, but simply inform them of how society views their actions.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:

Good point on motivations, though I'll have to argue that cold blooded murder for the sake of social advancement is well, evil. It is generally a good idea to do OOC perception checking on one's character once in a while though. I'm generally seeing Theomore as someone that is a ruthless cynic when it comes to pursuing his goals (with a marked turn to the dark side lately, some PC's like Ellie, Gwyn and Yve both know him well enough from before and have the awareness(empathy) to suspect that something might have changed him for the worse during the past year.), but he is also loyal to family, and those he considers his friends and allies. And he's generally a nice guy so long as he isn't backstabbing you.

I'd say that Theomore is actually amongst the "
better"
characters in this group. He cares about stuff. Yoren is probably a worse character, as though he wishes to be kind to people, he sometimes struggle to care. He pursues Baelon, not out of a burning wish for justice, but simply because that is what people would expect of him. The only reasons he does is that he cares deeply for his father and he does not wish to seem like more of an outcast.

Standing for Athelstan might be seen as honorable (defending those who can't defend themselves) but if it's a good deed or not depends heavily upon motivation.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Wishing OOC that you'd killed Eoric Tully when he didn't respond to you the way you wanted says it all, for me.

Walton felt offended. He is tough guy, who is not afraid to cry xD

I pretty much agree with what Theomore wrote with his 'might makes right'

To clear some air around fighting as champion- it's about fighting for justice, not for Athelstan. And as Walton answered to Yoren: Walton doesn't give a shit is it justice or vengeance, it's enough that Yoren asked for it. I won't go deeper on that (OOC) Razz And why it may be bad thing, if Walton will fight as champion at trial? People will talk anyway, whatever happens...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:14 pm

You completely missed my point. Again. Rolling Eyes
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:28 pm

As far as the Septon's motivations, he really couldn't give two shits about green and black politicking at the beginning of his arch as all he wants is for peace and the small folk to prosper, but with so many people pushing him into the green box he has come to realize that like it or not, since he is a member of the Faith he got shoved into the green box. Thus he is doing the best in his situation to bring peace through as violent means as possible.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Reader wrote:Even standing against Baelon in the name of dead Athelstan isn't the action of an honourable man, as previously pointed out. viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=2015

Like I said, I won't direct anyone's character, but simply inform them of how society views their actions.

I thought it was for something else. Athelstan was already found guilty of kinslaying (no defending there), confessed tampering in Iron mines (no need here). I was thinking is more about how it came to be and motivations for Baelon, not Athelstan's guilt or not.

Unless of course they are deciding otherwise and Yoren just wants vengeance or show some Longshore discontent/muscle as they need to show they aren't weak.

I hope I worded this right...
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:36 pm

They're offering to stand against Baelon for interfering in the royal investigation, causing Athelstan's death, at a (potential) trial moved to Riverrun due to Yoren's pleading and political alliances.

People will draw their own conclusions.

-------

https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=3094
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40