Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 Peacemaking] Duel of Dishonor

4 posters

Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] Duel of Dishonor Empty [D3 Peacemaking] Duel of Dishonor

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Sometimes, Theomore takes risks not quite like him, though grabbing a tourney lance from Warrior's seat to take along the way did a fair amount to reduce that risk. A hedge knight was not like to carry those around. His squire carrying the lances, Theomore approaches the spot the man who had the sort of reputation a tickster that failed to be discreet earned, might be he could be goaded into being somewhat honorable? "
Ser Hugo!"
He salutes, a proper civil greeting to a fellow knight. "
Let us skip the part about the king's peace, as I am sure I would just bore you. I will give you the offer of a clean joust, if I win, you come willingly and I will make sure you will be spared from your appointment with the headsman, if you win, I will let you run."
Theomore lowers his voice, so that only Hugo can hear. "
But if you try any dirty tricks, know that I am a deal better at them than you, Ser Rickard Thorne is bedridden in perpetual agony after I pierced the gap in his armor below his shoulders. Your armor has bigger gaps."

Attempting [url=simple intrigue][/url]: 5d6k4+5 16
Objective: Make him act honorably (ideally no cheating and him targeting passive AH, but it's the passive AH that is important to me.)

OOC: Should be jousting rules at first as per houserule.
[url=cheating bastardry for 2 bonuses][/url]: 5d6k4+2 15
Working under the rules for cheating that reader and I agreed upon long ago.
TN=9+X, where X is the number of statistics you want to add half deception to, presumably Hugo Rivers will want to do the same. Theo wants +2 to attack and Defense/Passive AH, other options might be bonus to stay in saddle roll or penalty on opponent's stay in saddle. Though all of this is from memory since the actual rules were arranged through pm's, and I've deleted a couple of hundred of those since then.

Giving Theo these stats:
Passive AH 20, CD (if aim for body): 10
AR 10
Health 9/9
I/W/F: 0/0/0
High in Saddle +2

Theomore has brought a tourney lance along with his other weapons.

Additionally, Theo will aim for Hugo's body, but attempting to conceal it from his opponent: [url=concealing duplicity][/url]: 5d6k4+2 24

Suspected Hugo stats based on last chapter+some small discussion with reader:
Agility Animal Handling Athletics Awareness Cunning Deception Endurance Fighting Healing Knowledge Language Marksmanship Persuasion Status Stealth Survival Thievery Warfare Will
Hugo Rivers 3 3 4 2 2 3 4 5 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 Brutish hedgeknight Sinister, Strength 1B, Ride 2B, Spears 1B, Long Blades 2B, Cheat 2B
brigandine, shield, longsword, war lance

Last edited by 109 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] Duel of Dishonor Empty Re: [D3 Peacemaking] Duel of Dishonor

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm assuming he has a courser like the others?

Need a ruling on whether Theomore managed to scare him into not using dishonorable tactics.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:00 am

[Actually, scratch the above, smashing weapons discussion served as inspiration....waste of a super-nice roll that probably would have killed him outright, but pffft.]

As the two combatants close in on each other, Theomore receives a flash of inspiration and picks his war lance....now this would pay out nicely should he succeed, if it didn't, well that would be every reason to succeed. Instead of targeting Ser Hugo directly, he aims to catch his lance. His roundel connecting with a satisfying crunch, turning that which once was a fearsome sharp pointed thing into one that now is merely is a blunt piece of wood, thrown off balance for good measure.

OOC:
[url=charge][/url]: 8d6k3+3 21 is 2DoS against the TN 12 of his weapon, 20 damage....Ser Hugo no longer have a lance, Theo will not do this trick unless this is resolved before Hugo's attack is resolved, in which case Theo wields his tourney lance, which is a 3 DoS for 27 damage, and forcing a TN12 stay in saddle check, applied before Hugo's attack is resolved. If cheating is approved, Theo's +2 attack will be accompanied by +2 BoA for 4 DoS and outright buh-bye...there might be a DP thrown in there otherwise.

Given how this worked in Jorah vs Benjen, combatants are now presumably 8 yards apart since both are mounted.

And we roll [url=iniative][/url]: 3d6-4 9
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:24 am

[What you are Smashing also serves as DR, so a lance has a dr of 12 and 12 health.]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:47 pm

[Where does it say that?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:08 pm

(Read wrong.)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Agility 3, Animal Handling 3, Athletics 4, Deception 3, Endurance 4, Fighting 5, Will 3
Hugo Rivers Brutish hedgeknight Sinister,
Strength 1B, Ride 2B, Spears 1B, Long Blades 2B, Cheat 2B
brigandine, shield, longsword, war lance

"
Jousting Stats"

Ser Hugo Rivers
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 1
Passive AH 14, CD (if aim for body): 7
AR 8
Health 12/12
I/W/F: 0/0/0
Eyes Fixed +1

Ser Hugo spurs his mount indignant "
As if you could best me!"

[url=Fighting][/url]: 8d6k4+1 22

[ooc]I think I did the Fighting roll right, correct me if wrong, that is his initiative and his derived Jousting stats[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:31 am

[Oh, wait, he has CD7, in that case, Theo uses BoA for 22 on his roll (21 is with +1 for superior war lance, but since he's doing tourney lance, it's 22), 4DoS means he's out cold. At any rate, thank you for letting me go to bed with another name to Theo's list. Ignore the fluff of the above post of mine.]

The better reach of Theomore's lance was all the advantage the rogue ever needed, his rondel hitting Ser Hugo square in the face made the brutish hedge knight's vision white hot with pain. The shock enough to make him slump to the ground. Theomore is not even tempted to give the fallen man a witty retort as he lies there writhing on the ground. He dismounts and kicks ser Hugo over on his back, stepping on his wrists to ensure no surprises, Theomore pulls off the helmet, with slightly more resistance than it should offer...that does not feel quite right, and even a man such as he winces at the sight of the bloody mess where the eyeballs were supposed to be...at a sudden pang of dread, he looks inside the helmet to find them there, or something that looks a lot like it. Theomore had once been told by maester Ryger that he should not pull things out of wounds unless he knew what he was doing..and well, the sight before him now brought back the memory of the old man that was so fond of talking of himself in the third person, first lesson boy, always listen to maester Ryger.

Well, the least he could do was to bring the body back, he was a knight after all, and maybe the fat septon might want to hold a proper funeral, he did seem to hold knighthood in high regard and would appreciate the gesture. Just because one is dead doesn't mean one can't be useful. Theomore takes a piece of cloth to cover Hugo's eyes, then ties him to his horse, and heads back to camp.

[url=healing][/url]: 2d6 5 pity for Ser Hugo that young Theo found the maester's lessons to be boring.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:31 pm

[OOC: +1 glory to Ser Theomore. Strictly in a live tilt (where the combatants aren't riding in a tourney), you can't really aim at CD, just passive AH but perhaps I wasn't clear enough on that and I like the scene as it is.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 pm

[Actually, on a throwback to a discussion we had about this when I anticipated that Theo might go up against Benjen in a trial by combat, what was said was that damage would be resolved against CD, but with the additional chance of dismount as per jousting rules, at least with tourney lance. IRL, it was considered dishonorable to aim the lance at the thigh, for example, which the shield usually couldn't protect.

I had actually thought to leave him alive at first and have Theo murder him in cold blood for personal goal, but this was much more enjoyable to write.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:49 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:[Actually, on a throwback to a discussion we had about this when I anticipated that Theo might go up against Benjen in a trial by combat, what was said was that damage would be resolved against CD, but with the additional chance of dismount as per jousting rules, at least with tourney lance. IRL, it was considered dishonorable to aim the lance at the thigh, for example, which the shield usually couldn't protect.

I had actually thought to leave him alive at first and have Theo murder him in cold blood for personal goal, but this was much more enjoyable to write.]

[OOC: fair enough I stand corrected! I've tweaked things a little for the future to match my intent.

And this was indeed a fine scene - Ser Theomore is a pageant champion, placed highly in a major tourney and won a lethal joust to back up his reputation!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down