Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player mortality.

2 posters

Go down

Player mortality. Empty Player mortality.

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Just an issue that has come up during several of my IRL campaigns and now during this is player mortality, how much of a plot armor they have.
Players have DP to spend, players have the ability to take wounds, and last but not least: they have much better statlines.
But that does not mean that players are invinsible, and as people are (understandably) protective of their PC it may lead to anger.
And I'd like to have a thread to discuss how to deal with PC deaths, and a possibility of chatting about it first. This may lead to certain plotspoilers for the PC in question (His batman senses are tingling) but it ensures that things are dealt with as easily as possible. And ultimately this may be the lesser evil. In my experience people are ok with having their PC killed, but it has to be done right. This is just a thread on how people believe it would be "
right"
. Here is an example for my suggestions*

Example wrote: Luceian Longbow (Just throwing a PC Yoren is completely neutral about, as they haven't even met) Insulted Yoren by sneezing as they walked past each other (again, a totally random example).

Yoren (Character) HATES sneezes and wants to kill Luceian for it. Yoren (Player) wishes to accomodate Yoren (Character) in his revenge against Luceian (Character). Yoren (Character) would wish to kill Luceian (Character) for such an offence, but Yoren (Player) knows that there are several ways Yoren (Character) would be willing to compromise.

To avoid a head on collision Yoren (Player) uses PMs to avoid a collition of interest. Luceian (player) would not know of the issue before Yoren (Player) told him, but when he knows he comes up with a bright idea:

Luceian (character) knows Yoren (Character) has a big crush on mrs InsanelyHotMaidenInATower. She will only marry the man that can bring her the famed silver stag. Luceian (Player) knows that Luceian (Character) is a cool guy, who loves romance and he feels that it is not too much of a push to have Luceian (Character) offer to show Yoren how to kill the silver stag. Yoren (Character) knows the code: You cannot betray your wingman, so he dismisses the idea of killing Luceian as foolish, though when they get to know each other Yoren (Character) tells Luceian (Character) to never sneeze in front of him again.

*PS: that as there are no tools in place for these sort of mechanics I am in NO WAY critiquing anybody involved, I am merely trying to ensure that the issue don't arise again. I believe that all involved dealt with the situation very well, I am merely asking if anyone has input on how it would be best to deal with these situations in the future.

**PPS: note that I am just a normal man and I believe that there are some of you with way more experience and way better problemsolving skills, I just want to start a conversation where people may broach their ideas.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Player mortality. Empty Re: Player mortality.

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Luceian Longbow (Just throwing a PC Yoren is completely neutral about, as they haven't even met) Insulted Yoren by sneezing as they walked past each other (again, a totally random example).
(OOC-The sneeze was totally intentional as Luecian had a cold and wanted to share this nagging annoyance with the ironborn lord Twisted Evil :;
): )
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:
Yoren longshore wrote:Luceian Longbow (Just throwing a PC Yoren is completely neutral about, as they haven't even met) Insulted Yoren by sneezing as they walked past each other (again, a totally random example).
(OOC-The sneeze was totally intentional as Luecian had a cold and wanted to share this nagging annoyance with the ironborn lord Twisted Evil :;
): )
I'll get you for that. You mean lean killing machine;
)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down