Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5 MM] A knight and a septon

2 posters

Go down

[D5 MM] A knight and a septon Empty [D5 MM] A knight and a septon

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:12 am

The water was dripping from his brow forcing him to adjust the hood from his cloak, as Kevan rode up to the septry. He did not mind the rain. After the heat of the last days he actually welcomed it. He approached the lonely brother working near the road and dismounted. "
Good brother, I have heard that Septon Arlyn could be found around here, do you know where to find him?"
The man remained silent, only pointing to the building up the road before returning to his work again.
"
Thank you. May the Seven be with you."

He turned around and followed the path towards, where the man had pointed...

If I am lucky, the Septon is breaking his fast...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D5 MM] A knight and a septon Empty Re: [D5 MM] A knight and a septon

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:27 am

Seeing Ser Kevan arriving on his horse Septon moves from the megear shelter of the broken Septry and out into a small grassy lawn. His cheeks a bright red flush, with robes still damp from the trek out to the Septry. Seeing the knight Septon Arlyn begins to grin.

"
Ser Kevan!"
beams Septon Arlyn, "
Have you arrived for that offer of a drink?"
states Septon Arlyn, a slight chuckle escaping his lips.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:12 am

"
Good Morning Septon. It is good to see you up and working! How are your injuries?"

The Marsten knight took a pack from his saddlebag and stepped over to the holy man. "
It is a bit early to start drinking in earnest, but I would not say no to a mug of ale combined and some breakfast"
, he replied with a smile

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:33 pm

"
My injuries are still troublesome, but at least my exhaustion has faded."
Septon Arlyn looks curiously at the pack them states, "
I'm grateful you you there last night some of your actions helped inspire a song, and now the lyrics have been running through my head like some galloping horses."
Septon Arlyn sniffs the air, "
I do believe that there is a cooking fire somewhere in this camp, should we find it and see if they could extend an invitation to a knight and a Septon? It might not be a finest course, but a little hot porridge with some salt tends to stick well to the ribs, "
he laughs slightly and pats his own belly, "
or stomach in my case?"
A comments with a jovial grin.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:17 pm

"
Sound like a very good idea, Septon. Let us find that cooking fire!"
He slapped the man on his shoulder and began walking.
"
A song? I did not know that you were a singer, septon. Might be I underestimated you. But I've been surprised by you before. I never thought you be so willing to put yourself in danger, but last night proved you to be quite an unusual man of the seven. But if you ever plan to do something like that again, I'd like you to be a bit more protected! I have something for you."

He opened the pack he brought with him and revealed a well crafted ring armour. The shirt was clearly made for somebody of Arlyn's stature.
"
It is the finest piece* I could find at the market, which would fit you. I figured a heavier armour would not be of much use to somebody without training."

Ooc: it is a ring armour of superior quality

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Septon Arlyn looks at the armor, then back at the knight. Reaching forward to touch it, his hands feel the chilled well crafted steel, the tiny rivets holding the links together. He smells the freshly oiled metal and he pulls his hand back and looks from the well crafted armor to the knight. "
My Lord,"
he slips in to the most formal term accidently, "
this is a princely gift, I do not know if a mere Septon is worthy of such a generous gift."
Septon Arlyn reaches back for the armor, admiring the craftsmen ship of the piece, the way that the water splashed off the metal as the oil resisted any attempt's of the liquid to beach it's barrier, as if it was enchanted by the old gods to deflect rain as easily as arrows and spears.

A particularly large drop lands on the back of the Septon's hand has he has it extended to the armor, and the armor catches a small glimmer of the multicolored rainbow that was reflecting off of the Septon's crystal.

"
I don't know if I can accept such a gift good Ser, I was merely trying to protect the realm and my friends, mayhaps you can use the funds used to purchase this,"
he pauses as he rubs the back of his hand over the armor, feeling the armor side under his hand like scales of a lizard lion, "
magnificent piece of art."
He looks at the knight, with sincere appreciation at the offered gift.

(Septon Arlyn's DR moves to friendly towards kevan, and he can choose to give the money he used to purchase the armor to the small folk and Septon Arlyn's disposition will move to affectionate. Or if he gives it to the Septon, Septon Arlyn will feel indebtedness towards kevan and he will gain 3 additional large favors in addition to the small favor already owed.)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Kevan patiently waited as the septon studied the ring armor.
"
Well, a mere septon would not venture into a cave full of fanatics and put himself into danger, for what he believes to be right. You seem to infer that the funds would be better spent on the smallfolks, but the way I see it, it is smallfolks who benefit most from this. If it protects your body and prolongs your life so you can put continue to put yourself into their service, it is money well spent!"

The Marsten knight gives the armor to the septon as they keep walking towards the cooking fire.
"
If it helps you to accept Arlyn, think of it not as a gift, but rather a piece of equipment to help you doing what you do, because that what it is after all. As Ser Marlon always said, it is not the sword that makes a knight, nor his armor or even his sword arm, but this and that."
, tapping the septon on his forehead and his chest. "
And for septons, the same applies as well.

Now let us find this cooking fire and get of the rain!"

Last edited by 157 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles at the knight's words. "
Your mentor was a wise man, I thank you for your gift of,"
gestures to the Armor, "
Equipment. Ser Marlon sounds like he was a wise man. In the name of the small folk whom this will allow me to continue to help, I thank you."
Septon Arlyn takes the ring mail from Ser Kevan, feeling the cool steel against his palms. He drapes it over his shoulder as the knight suggests to go find a campfire. The thought of a warm meal brings a smile to the Septons full lips. "
Let us go and find this campfire then, good knight. Hopefully before all the hot water is gone."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:23 pm

"
He was indeed a good man..."
Kevan's voice trailed off for a short pause, as he looked up to the sky.
"
Now, what do you think about the situation Arlyn? With last night's fight in the cave we have definitely rooted out the most fanatic of these troublemakers, but do you think that was all of it? Will the smallfolks come back to order now or do you expect further uprising?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Septon Arlyn considers the knights words carefully. "
No,"
He says at last. "
I'm afraid that we merely stomped out the biggest of the flare ups, but I doubt we have done much to quench the embers of small folk resentment that lie just under the surface. I fear what we saw was just the most willing to light, like the dry grasses in the field, however my fear is that the flames lie much deeper in the ground, like a tree who's very roots are on fire. The Royal so called peacekeeping forces have done little to resolve the anger and resentment felt here, and with all these royal investigators running around with their guards... I feel we have done much ourselves to fan the flames of discontent. The figurative straw that broke the camels back. I just hope that we can get ahead of this situation before it turns into something drastic."
Septon Arlyn looks in the direction of the warriors seat, "
Or before that man and the sleeping dragon awake to become a one man army, and attempt to fight fire with fire, and burn us all in the process.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Septon Arlyn looks to the knight, "
do you believe that we have put down the discontent in the region?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:42 pm

With a concerned look in his eyes, Kevan replies:
"
Your words trouble me greatly, if that dragon and his riders indeed fly over the battle valley bringing fire and death to the smallfolks, it could very well be that we will have uprisings much greater than what we experienced at the inn. Either that, or the fear from the dragon brings them into submission, but that likely only lasts until the dragon disappears back to King's landing again, while their discontent remains.... Until the final decree and the punishments for the various crimes, I am not sure what we can do to reduce the smallfolk's anger."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at the knights words. "
Aye, I fear that the latter is more apt to happen then the former."
Septon Arlyn frowns at the thought. "
Do you think that we should approach Prince Aemond and try to find a manner of peace. Mayhaps pleading for him to wait until the Royal Peacekeeping forces have finished their investigations and put out the judgments?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:37 pm

"
I am not sure that is the best course of action, Arlyn. Maybe it is best not to aggragate the dragon at all. I believe the best way to go is presenting results. If we succeed to find all the culprits and provide a fair treaty, which leaves as few as possible treated unfairly, we made a good step in righting this ship."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:38 pm

(thanks for the patience here, I just remembered about this thread)

Septon Arlyn nods at the knight. "
That would be the hope. If you ever have any needs that I can help with, let my know. I may not be as strong of arm as yourself, but I do have some knowledge and people seem to find my words convincing."
Septon Arlyn gives a smile.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:24 pm

"
Indeed, they do seption, if I remember that trial during the Tourney at Riverrun correctly."
, Kevan replied with a wink, before getting more serious again. "
Thank you, I will, I fear some of the investigators have quite strange opinions on the proper punishment for culprits and it could very well be that I will have to find ways to convince some of them of a better solution for the peace treaty, in which case I'd maybe come back to your offer."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 am

Septon Arlyn nods. "
Aye, there is the gods own truth. Hopefully we can come up with a fitting punishment for the treaty. Maybe a look into the histories may give us guidance on how to find a solution that may bring peace."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:06 pm

"
So many things to consider, I really hope we can come up with a good solution. But for now, lets finally get some breakfast"
, Kevan replied with a smile patting the septon on his shoulder.

[/scene]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down