Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events

5 posters

Go down

Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events Empty Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Firmer mechanical framework for offseason 2 will be pasted here once I've cooked it up. Similar to offseason 1 for those familiar with it (basically similar to my official events: various rolls with a sliding scale of success depending on rolls, plus maybe some combat).

Lots of the below will effectively be run simultaneously, even if they occur chronologically in game. Not everyone will be involved in all of the below, freeing some for grander/more time intensive offseason projects.

Tentative Schedule - subject to change, I'll update this as I go along, adding months and moving things (will announce in thread)
1) Daleford resuce/personal offseason if not devoting it to this
2) Ser Jorah’s Ascension to the Kingsguard [some of you will be present at this]
3) Campaign again House Wyl [some PCs will be involved, not all]
4) Official event choice [canon events resolved in-game!]
a. Coryls Velaryon illness
b. Arrest of Ser Vaemond Velaryon [Ser Jorah will be allocated to this]
5) Market town ownership resolution [offseaon's 2's "
House Event"
brings everyone together briefly]

- Plus potentially Ereth Redwain's wedding (and tournament) to work in for those invited!

Link to old offseason stuff to help inspire newer players:

viewforum.php?f=161
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events Empty Re: Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Here's what we used for offseason 1's non combat challenges to give inspiration. I'll be tweaking this, but it should give people ideas (as should the official events).

Reader wrote:If you're missing an offseason challenge mechanics thread and need something, please use this.

- Ability (Speciality) TN 9 - Each DoS = +1 bonus to later roll
- Ability (Speciality) TN 9 - Each DoS = +1 bonus to alter roll

- Ability (Speciality) TN 9 - count DoS
- Ability (Speciality) TN 9 - count DoS

DoS cashed in for

- 2 DoS for 1B in a speciality [can be chosen once]
- 2 DoS for 1 glory [chosen once]
- 2 DoS for 10GD
- 2 DoS to improve an NPC's disposition towards you by one step [status <
=7]
- 2 DoS to contribute 1VP towards gaining a quality
- 1 DoS for 2GD

Apologies to those of you lacking something personalised.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events Empty Re: Offseason 2 - Personal stories and a few official events

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Should note that the above is the "
basic"
framework.

Loreia, Yoren and I cooked up a truly intricate series of challenges and a combat for their "
Voyage beyond the Wall"
with NPC recruitment, various parties to attempt to please with the treasures gained and significant house power and wealth at risk (and the chance to win more). You should be able to find both of their threads in the forum linked in my post above.

Let your imaginations run riot: what does your character want to achieve?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:51 pm

My offseason had a different format as well with a complex intrigue to gain VPs which then were translated into power points for House Marsten, so mechanics involving house resources are possible as well (with input from reader obviously)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Campaign vs. House Wyl, Market town interest me, as well as my wedding/tournament
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Well... There is the finding of the smiths hammer also and subsequent return to the high Septon at old town. I know I've invited a few people to do that.

There is the manderlies/Bolton's.

There is also finding of the eddard peake

Also Finishing of the research /testing of my "
poison "
to develop

So many plans, so few months Twisted Evil
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Can we join the scheduled events freely? Will those who don't want to parttake against Wyll get other options?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Can we join the scheduled events freely? Will those who don't want to parttake against Wyll get other options?

Short answer: those who don't want to partake will effectively have other options by having more time to devote to offseason events.

Long answer:

These two (well, three as one of them is a choice between two) are indeed open to everyone: Smile

a. Coryls Velaryon illness
b. Arrest of Ser Vaemond Velaryon [Ser Jorah will be allocated to this
House Event"

For other events it may be a shorter list (many of you aren't suited to some of the events).

Therefore I suggest longer, more intricate events for those involved in only a few of the events at the top. This makes sense IC too, as if you're not involved in 2 or 3 (and even want to dodge 4-5) you'll have more time to devote to other pursuits. Smile
Yoren longshore wrote:Can we join the scheduled events freely? Will those who don't want to parttake against Wyll get other options?

Hope that suits everyone, nobody should miss out. Direct your character based on what they would do - if Yoren wants another Great Voyage, he can skimp on the other stuff.

Ser Kevans comment is an important note on the flexibility of the format: this is all just a skeleton and I'm normally pretty flexible on what you can plan. Whether you pull it off or not is up to your plans and the dice.

Ereth - I'm looking forward to your tourney too. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:43 pm

House Event"

Those 2 of the 4 official events I can participate, after all the arrest and healing is not my thing, but the wedding/tournament and warfare stuff with House Wyl is.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down