Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

125/12 Sculpting a vow

2 posters

Go down

125/12 Sculpting a vow Empty 125/12 Sculpting a vow

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Septon Arlyn sat at his desk, his tea had already chilled in its cup and he had a poured many drafts of paper before. The small wicker basket to the side was full of cast off parchment. Gods, what a headache. Having to balance the views of three different religions in the ceremony. I guess I should merely be glad that Lord Redwain's Father was not a follower of the old gods. Septon Alyn looks down at his most recent draft.

Lord Ereth Redwain, Do you promise to be a loving friend and partner in marriage, to talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate, to respect and cherish uniqueness? Do you promise to support, comfort, and strengthen her through life’s joys and sorrows? Do you promise to share hopes and dreams as you build your lives together, and to grow with Alya in mind? Will you strive to build a home and hearth that is compassionate to all, full of respect and honor, filled with peace, happiness, and love? Do you promise to always be open and honest with Alya , and cherish her for as long as you both shall live?

Then I will pause for a moment to let him to answer, Then continue on with;

And Do you Alya Longshore, Promise to be the wife of Lord Ereth Redwain, and do you promise before the Seven who are One, the Drowned God and these witnesses, to be your loving and faithful wife. And you will be by his side to share with Him your happiness and success, and to comfort Him in times of sorrow and disappointment. As your companion, will you seek to be open and honest with him, and to always remind you of the Seven's plans and promises. Forever will you devote your love and your life to Lord Redwain from this day forward?

Then I will wait for her to answer, Followed by saying

Lord Redwain, Please remove the cloak from Alya Longshore, and replace it with your own.

Wait for that to happen then

"
“In the sight of the Seven, I hereby see you these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words.”

Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger. I am his/hers, and s/he is mine, from this day, till the end of my days."

followed by raising my crystal in the air, to shower them with the light of the seven.

Lord Ereth Redwain, Lady Alya Redwain, you may now seal this marriage with a kiss

Then After the kiss

I now Pronounce you man and wife, in front of the Seven, those assembled here, and the entirety of the seven kingdom's. May any who try to come between these two in be accursed before Gods and Men.

The Septon Gives a wiry smile, it may not be the best wedding ever officiated, but I think it will do the trick Septon Arlyn thinks to himself. Stretching his arms up into the air he gives a slight yawn. Maybe some rest will help things go well. Gods please let their be no complications. After everything that happened in the Battle Valley, this simple wedding is going to be a nice change of pace.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

125/12 Sculpting a vow Empty Re: 125/12 Sculpting a vow

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:51 pm

[ooc]This the actual wedding vow or just rehearsing for the other thread?
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:40 am

Ereth Redwain wrote:[ooc]This the actual wedding vow or just rehearsing for the other thread?

This is simply to show the work going on behind the scenes for the wedding. Smile
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

125/12 Sculpting a vow Empty 125/12 Pennytree - The Naked Hair - Wedding perperations

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:47 am

Septon Arlyn arrived back in Pennytree, he had left thier in a rush but now that the business with Madienpool was concluded the Septon had other things to worry about, like a wedding for a Lord he knew little about besides his love of cider and his smallfolk and a Lady who was rumoured to handle an axe better than most men. With the particular arrangement of couples led the Septon back to a familiar place. A place where the proprietor was an interesting women herself, who had a deep fondness for alcoholic drinks. As Septon Arlyn picks his way through the streets he encounters the door he was looking for, with a dancing rabbit was displayed on the two stories structure's sign swingingly slightly in the breeze. The door swung open, and out emerged a man, quite drunk, but happily so. He nods to the Septon before a flash regonzition crosses his face. "
Hey, I know you. Your that one that ate the stupid amount of pies. Me buddies lost a bit of gold to me from you. saying that you could not eat half was well as it would seem. They saw you at the bartheld's eating contest and you could barely stomach two rounds."
The man fishes around in his coin purse and procures a half copper."
here, have a drink on me. The ales good but a bit lack luster since a had a taste of the Redwain Cider. Damnable stuff is delicious, with just the right combination of sweetness before it gives you that bit, like a whores kiss eh?"

Septon Arlyn cocks his eyebrow, then folds the mans hand closed over the copper piece. "
Perhaps you should go speak with Septon Arrick, and give that copper to the poor."
Septon Arlyn gives a look, then nods to the man.

"
Oh... right your grace."
The man reconizes his faux pas and shuffles out of the way.

Gods be good, men these days. I wonder if it will always be this way Thinks the Septon as he moves into the Inn.

"
Ah Septon, Good to see Ya, quite a party we had eh?"
The women's brown hair bounces as Marielye pushes her bangs from her face revealing a smile. "
Anna take over here for a moment, let me speak to our esteemed guest."
Marielye's voice was much warmer and gentler since the Septon last saw her, perhaps due to the 3 gold dragons that the Septon had paid for her to host the party, the increased business the Septon had provided for her, as well as the purse from his winning the eating contest had done much to warm the women to the Septon.

"
"
It was great, and that is what brings be back to you. You see, Lord Ereth Redwain has charged me helping him set up his wedding. And as you have shown me what a success with your skill in throwing parties, so I am wondering if you could help me set up his wedding."

"
I think I can manage that,"
replies Marielye with a smile, "
Provided you can provide the coin,"

"
I might be able to provide you with something better,"
Smiles Septon Arlyn. "
I hear that your selection of spirits is somewhat lacking, perhaps an introduction to help you expand your range might be more helpful then simply gold?"
Septon Arlyn smiles, "
Although Coin of course will be provided for your services as well."
The Septon Adds.

Mechanics

[url=Bargain roll vs Marielye (ID 11)][/url]: 7d6k5 15

rolled too many dice so drop one

[url=Bargain roll vs Marielye (ID 11) drop die][/url]: 1d7 5

roll is the same

125/12 Sculpting a vow Brigh_in_traveler_s_clothes_by_onthemountaintop-d8zk50s.png
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

125/12 Sculpting a vow Empty 125/12 wedding preparations - greenrest

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:41 am

Septon Arlyn sets about Greenrest with a flurry of activity that would call into question his large size. He was calling in favors and assisting with the smallfolk's decoration production. Everywhere throughout the wedding the Seton's touch could be felt. Weather helping dig a hole and raise the Maypole, to making sure that the tables in the hall had enough room for all of the esteemed guests, The Septon was laughing and joking with the small folk, helping put them at ease and teaching a few matters of etiquette to the servants of Helmstead hall. Early on in the month the Septon sat with Lord Redwain in his hall and discussed how to approach seating of the wedding.

"
I think that we should go with the traditional gazebo style,"
begins Septon Arlyn, hoping to make progress on this issue quickly. "
Two sides separated by a single Isle down the middle, I approach first, saying the prayers to the seven, then you arrive with your cloak and one draped upon your arm for Lady Longshore. Then Lady Longshore arrives down the isle after the wedding march begins, to be given away by her Father, if he is well enough, or her brother Yoren as stand in if necessary."

"
Slow down Septon, that is not the way I want m wedding to be. I wish for all to be able to view it well, to give maximum seating and allow my smallfolk to participate as well."
Lord Ereth gives a smile at the bubbly Septon.."
How about we set the seats up in a circle?"
asks lord Ereth.

A flash of inspiration comes to Septon Arlyns eyes. "
That is brilliant my Lord! we could have two statues guarding both sides of the Isle, with the Isle running straight through the procession, from north to south. We could have Lady Longshore and yourself enter between the sculptures of the warrior and the maid, symbolizing your journey together to your meeting. Then after the vows are said, you two can pass through the isle exiting to the north, which would have the mother and the father, symbolizing your greater responsibilities that will have been entrusted upon you."
Septon ARlyn smiles, "
then, we can have two smaller Isles, the one on the east side could have a statue of the smith, showing the hard work and dedication of the small folk to you, on the east, where the sun sets we could have the crone. This could be where your noble attendees sit, representing their wisdom and guidance, watching over you as you are wed to Lady Longshore."
Septon Arlyn smiles heartily, "
So what do you think?"
asks Septon Arlyn.

Mechanics
minor house wedding planning
[url=Ereth wedding planning 126/2 vs TN 6][/url]: 3d6 12

[url=influence gain wedding planning][/url]: 1d3 3

Septon Arlyn gives one influence to House Redwain and 2 influence goes to House Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum