Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum

5 posters

Go down

Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum Empty Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Gonna be Doing the rolls then Writing the outcome (are these events exclusively in Braavos or are they throughout the free cities?)

Stage 1
- Languages (Braavosi) TN 6 - speaking the local language helps. 1B to be used in stage 2/3 per DoS. Failure leaves some rumours of a foreigner. Probably best to just leave this rollas you lack the relevant ability.
- Simple intrigue TN 9 - Each DoS = +1 bonus to stage 2 roll [or to avoid language penalties by finding a reliable "
fixer"
- perhaps a travelling Westerosi sailor?]
- Knowledge (Streetwise) TN 9 - Each DoS = +1 bonus to a stage 2/3 roll

Stage 2
- Thievery (Any) TN 9 - count DoS. Represents stealing plans/maps.
- Stealth (Any) TN 9 - count DoS. For each DoS roll roll 1d4 and generate one target below (reroll duplicates). Their passive awareness may reflect their guards in some cases.
- 1) One of Racallio Ryndoon's sons, an able captain. Defeating him would be challenging, but may shake or enrage his father and robs the Tyroshi of a talented commander. Endurance 4, Awareness 3, Notice 2B.
- 2) Racallio Ryndoon's paramour, Myria of Lys. A man's bedmate may have insight in to his plans... Endurance 3. Awareness 4, Notice 1B.
- 3) Barrack of Lyseni. An old friend of Racallio Ryndoon, key to binding the Triarchy together. Endurance 2. Awareness 4, Notice 1B.
- 4) Klemon of Myr. A longstanding rival of Racallio Ryndoon. Endurance 3. Awareness 3, Notice 2B.

Stage 3 - Striking the target
- Stealth (sneak) TN [target's passive awareness]
- Fighting (Any) TN [target's passive endurance] - knocking out guards/sentries
- An additional Stealth (sneak) at TN 13 (standard Awareness 3, Notice 1B guard) must then be made to escape. +1 DoS can be used to escape unnoticed, 2 DoS can be used to escape with your target captured instead of killed.

DoS from Stage 2 &
3 cashed in for

- 2 DoS for 1B in a speciality [can be chosen once]
- 2 DoS for 1 glory [chosen once]
- 2 DoS for 10GD
- 2 DoS to improve an NPC's disposition towards you by one step [status <
=7]
- 2 DoS to contribute 1VP towards gaining a quality
- 1 DoS for 2GD
- X DoS for VP towards a quality (DoS required for VP dependent on negotiation with narrator)
- 1 DoS for information [repeatable, or may be "
concentrated"
for fewer but larger pieces of military plans/blackmail opportunities]

- Your DoS will contribute to gaining information, including information of use in story 3 and potentially stealing blackmail information/assassinating key commanders to set the triarchy against one another/turn them against the Greens instead of just the Blacks.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum Empty Re: Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other f

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 pm

Just Braavos or throughout the free cities, depending on your narrative whims.

Good luck.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum Empty Re: Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other f

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Stage 1
- Languages (Braavosi) TN 6 - speaking the local language helps. 1B to be used in stage 2/3 per DoS. Failure leaves some rumours of a foreigner. Probably best to just leave this rollas you lack the relevant ability.

[url=Language (Braavosi)][/url]: 3d6k3 7 (PHEW) +1B to be Used Elsewhere

- Simple intrigue TN 9 - Each DoS = +1 bonus to stage 2 roll [or to avoid language penalties by finding a reliable "
fixer"
- perhaps a travelling Westerosi sailor?]

[url=Persuasion (Incite)][/url]: 6d6k5 23 (4 DoS?)

- Knowledge (Streetwise) TN 9 - Each DoS = +1 bonus to a stage 2/3 roll

[url=Knowledge (Streetwise)][/url]: 3d6k3 9 (PHEW) +1 to stage 2/3 roll

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 pm

(Forgot to do my Attractive Reroll... though I won't do it if it's already 4 DoS, confirmation?)

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Need to exceed TN by 15 for 4 DoS ie 14 in this case) so you might want the reroll.

Braavosi language - a separate ability to the default Language skill I'm afraid, so you're 0D in this ability. Sad

Best just to skip it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Reader wrote:Need to exceed TN by 15 for 4 DoS ie 14 in this case) so you might want the reroll.

Braavosi language - a separate ability to the default Language skill I'm afraid, so you're 0D in this ability. Sad

Best just to skip it.

Drat! (on both accounts)
Here is my reroll [url=Persuasion (Incite) Reroll][/url]: 1d6k1 1
Reroll again? (According to the quality I can reroll a 1 twice (half of persuasion) [url=Persuasion (Incite) Reroll][/url]: 1d6k1 1 ......................................

So that didn't pan out either way

so as it stands,

no Bonus dice

and a total of +4 (+3 +1) to anything in Stage 2 or 3?

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Solid results overall.

That looks right for where we stand. Good luck in step 2 &
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 pm

(I assume I can add the +s after I roll?)

Stage 2
- Thievery (Any) TN 9 - count DoS. Represents stealing plans/maps.

[url=Thievery (Steal)][/url]: 4d6k3 13 Adding +1 so it becomes 14 therefore 2 DoS

- Stealth (Any) TN 9 - count DoS. For each DoS roll roll 1d4 and generate one target below (reroll duplicates). Their passive awareness may reflect their guards in some cases.

[url=Stealth (Blend In)][/url]: 5d6k4+3 18 (Assuming that the 19 would make it 3 DoS I would like to add +1 so that it becomes 3 DoS)

Rolling 3 times in case I can do that, the first two only if only 2 DoS
[url=Character Selection][/url]: 3#1d4k1 4 1 3

- 1) One of Racallio Ryndoon's sons, an able captain. Defeating him would be challenging, but may shake or enrage his father and robs the Tyroshi of a talented commander. Endurance 4, Awareness 3, Notice 2B.
- 2) Racallio Ryndoon's paramour, Myria of Lys. A man's bedmate may have insight in to his plans... Endurance 3. Awareness 4, Notice 1B.
- 3) Barrack of Lyseni. An old friend of Racallio Ryndoon, key to binding the Triarchy together. Endurance 2. Awareness 4, Notice 1B.
- 4) Klemon of Myr. A longstanding rival of Racallio Ryndoon. Endurance 3. Awareness 3, Notice 2B.

(If the addition of the +s is correct, I have +2 left)

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:13 pm

+1 bonuses can indeed be used AFTER rolls - makes them more useful.

Stage 2 looks good to me.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Reader wrote:+1 bonuses can indeed be used AFTER rolls - makes them more useful.

Stage 2 looks good to me.

Awesome, one final question, if a person comes up on my "
target list"
can I willfully ignore them but still go after my other targets (in this case, I might want to avoid 1 while going after 3 and 4)

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 pm

You are indeed free to choose. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:16 pm

Reader wrote:You are indeed free to choose. Smile

Here comes the do or die situation >
_>
#DoIBurnADPToDoTHis
One final question, it's a bit iffy but will influence my actions, can I burn a DP after I've made the roll?

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Timing on destiny - can be spent/burned AFTER a roll is made. This is how we've always run things here - destiny is special and should have a meaningful impact when spent.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:28 pm

First off

(Do I Count the DoS in Stage 3 at all? which DoS? and How does the final Roll count? The +1 DoS, 2 DoS etc.)
Stage 3 - Striking the target
- Stealth (sneak) TN [target's passive awareness] (First up Klemon, who has a TN of 12 +2?)
[url=Stealth (Sneak)][/url]: 5d6k4 17 (Phew!)

- Fighting (Any) TN [target's passive endurance] - knocking out guards/sentries (TN should be 12?)
[url=Fighting (Short Blades) (Dirk, Cause it Has more weight to knock people out with?)][/url]: 4d6k3 12 (PHEW!)

- An additional Stealth (sneak) at TN 13 (standard Awareness 3, Notice 1B guard) must then be made to escape. +1 DoS can be used to escape unnoticed, 2 DoS can be used to escape with your target captured instead of killed.
[url=Stealth (Sneak)][/url]: 5d6k4 7 (OUCH!) WAIT WAIT (after a while debating how to handle this!) Can I Spend a DP (not Burn) to Bestow a -1D to the Guard's Awareness (Bringing it down to 2, therefore his Passive is 8+1 therefore 9) and then spend my last two +1s to bring my stealth up to 9?

If so, I do that thing! #IwasNotStaringAtTheRuleBookForHope

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 am

Afraid you can't spend DP to reduce a passive roll. You can spend and hope for a high roll or burn one.

Step 2 dos (all) and step 3 dos (beyond minimum dos for each step 3 activity) are counted and cashed in for rewards.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:53 am

[OOC: cashing in 2 DoS for information and resolving this offseason event for drama - Samurel was contacted via PM, witht he door left ajar for a dramatic return if desired, otherwise he's probably dead.]

Samurel's initial letters from Essos are infrequent but worth waiting for. As ever the spymaster is brisk and to the point, his handwriting clear and organised.

House Marsten's spymaqster meets with some initial success, uncovering some internal disputes within the Triarchy and the Alliance's fears of provoking the Braavosi against them. Familiar names and faces far from home cross Samurel's path too - word reaches him of an old Lyras bastard line supposedly seeking to hire mercenaries, although the name of the hirer and the identity of the mercenary company changes with each telling. Still, Samurel's work on both topics is corrobarted by solid evidence - stolen letters, ship manifests and interviews with sellswords.

Suddenly the letters dry up. Month pass with nothing.

Then one day, a merchant by the name of Ruben Piper calls at Hartshorn with a box and a letter.

The letter itself is grim enough: Samurel's hand is spidery and weak, cursing House Marsten for abandoning him to die in an Essos cell, using him but never drawing him close to the family's chest. Bile, anger, bitterness write throughout. And sorrow.

The contents of the box are worse still - a severed finger bearing Samurel's crested ring, the merman seal serving as grisly proof of Samurel's capture and likely fate.

[Cunning rolls, languages rolls etc can be undertaken if desired to attempt to check handwriting, figure out plans etc]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:18 pm

After opening the box, Corrine was left in shock. she was no stranger to grisly things, but one do close to home struck her hard. After taking some time to recover herself, she read the letter with trembling hands. The change in tone and form from Sam's last letter to this one seemed jarring. How could he curse House Marsten for abandoning him when they did not know of his trouble? Unless intermediary letters had been lost or intercepted. She tried to discern if there was any clue as to who had taken him.

[url=Language][/url]: 3d6 14

[url=Cunning][/url]: 2d6 7
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:33 pm

The letters sent by Sam had always been discussed within House Marsten's council and when his latest parcel arrived, he looked forward to learn more about the Lyras branch, Sam had found accross the Narrow Sea. Upon seeing Lady Corrine's reaction, he knew something was wrong. He waited in silence until the head of the House had finished reading through the letter and passed on the box. Despite the warnings from noticing Corrine's shock, the content of the box hit him hard. In disbelief, he carefully read the letter, but despite trying to focus on the information in the document and trying to find something that was not directly written, he hardly picked up anything as his hand was slighlty shaking and Sam's face with his sly grin appeared in his mind....
He put the box down on the table without a word and stood up. Without saying anything, he left the room.
Kevan returned only moments later, as if changing his decision, however now his shock had turned to anger. "
We have to find out what has happened. I cannot believe these to be Sam's words!"

[url=Language (Sam)][/url]: 3d6 6
[url=Cunning (Sam)][/url]: 3d6 8

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:51 am

"
It is definitely unlike him. The tone seems wrong, compared to his previous letters. Unless some in between were lost or intercepted. Gods, poor Sam. Whatever he may have thought, he was part of our family."

She could not take her eyes off the finger, the ring glinting. Memories flooded back to her, not just of dear Sam, but of a darker thing. An eyeball, nestled in black satin, a fleck of moonlight reflected in its accusing glare.

So you've failed someone else now. Another person harmed irreparably, because of you.

She tried to shake that voice from her mind, steeling herself against the wave of nausea sweeping over her.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:58 am

The slender dark haired young woman, Mareia, takes the box and letter proffered by Ruben Piper. The merchant was hesitant to relinquish the items to the pretty serving girl. She smiled charmingly when he gave in. A curtsie is followed by her expediting the things to her Lady.

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:After opening the box, Corrine was left in shock. she was no stranger to grisly things, but one do close to home struck her hard. After taking some time to recover herself, she read the letter with trembling hands. The change in tone and form from Sam's last letter to this one seemed jarring. How could he curse House Marsten for abandoning him when they did not know of his trouble? Unless intermediary letters had been lost or intercepted. She tried to discern if there was any clue as to who had taken him.

Her manners and training are lost as she watches over Lady Corrine's shoulder. A gasp and whimper escape as she swoons, only catching herself at the last moment. Dark eyes look nervously out over the seated individuals, the icy stare of Lady Isobel, the worried Keeper of the gate, the perspiring merchant. They come to rest on the courageous Lord, as her trembling hand covers her mouth. Lord Marsten's eyes meet hers shortly and she quickly departs from the room.

Ben stands and moves to Corrine's side looking in the box and then reading the letter quickly. His eyes dart to the door. "
Damn it."
He mumbles as he hurries out of the room.

(OOC: All done with Readers permission and dare I say prodding. Smile )
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:04 pm

(ooc: feel free to post any reactions to Mareia's actions. I am posting this before I forget again.)

Sometime after Lord Marsten's departure, Ellie hurries into the room, her skirts bunched in her tight hands. Finding the current possessor of the letter she briskly moves to their side and with a nod of approval from Corrine studies the letter as she had done all the letters from Sam. Isobel looks on disapprovingly.

[url=Essos shenanigans cunning][/url]: 4d6 10[url=Essos shenanigans cunning DP bonus die][/url]: 1d6 2 11
[url=Essos shenanigans language][/url]: 3d6 12
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:13 pm

[OOC: PMs sent]

Grim circumstances and grim reading, but House Marsten's leaders steeled themselves and studied the missive.

What guilty rests with them? Samurel was an able servant, and oft undertook missions on his own initiative.

Mayhap guilty itself would not matter, merely the perception of it. What would House Manderly make of the loss of one of its sons? Lord Manderly's heirs, Ser Torrhen and Ser Medrick Manderly were said to have the ear of Prince Daemon or Princess Rhaenyra, depending on which gossip-monger you favoured. Would this ill-deed set the black against one another, fuelling distrust?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Corrine took to her writing desk, and then to the raven loft, personally seeing that her letter of condolence to House Manderly left securely.

My Lord Manderly,

It is with deep sorrow that I write to you to inform you that your son, Samurel, is missing, believed dead. House Marsten received word today that he was abducted during his travels in Essos, and the missive indicated that his captors intended to kill him. I am sure this will shock you as much as it has us. Samurel has long been very dear to me and my family, and this is the first and only indication we have had that anything was amiss. I hope that it may offer some solace to know that I am sending skilled people to search for him, in the hope that they might determine who abducted him, and seek restitution. If his remains can be located, they will be brought back to Westeros. However, this endeavour will be neither quick nor easy. I hope that you will understand. House Marsten shares your grief at this terrible loss.

May your Gods be with you,

Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum Empty Re: Essos Shenanigans (Posted here before posting in other forum

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down