Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy is the Head of House (Corrine)

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Heavy is the Head of House (Corrine) - Page 4 Empty Re: Heavy is the Head of House (Corrine)

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm

He continues to hold her firmly against his body as he replies. "
I will not lie, it has cut me, but like any other wound it will heal. And gods know I have no shortage of scars."
He laughs breifly. "
Besides it will heal quickly with the fine nurse I have."
A sharp pinch to her bottom emphasizes which nurse he means.

Pulling back to cup her chin, his body shivers again with the abscence of her warmth.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Heavy is the Head of House (Corrine) - Page 4 Empty Re: Heavy is the Head of House (Corrine)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:44 pm

His playfulness warmed her heart and the pinch made her giggle, though hushed, not wanting to wake their daughter.

"
I am glad that you can forgive me. I couldn't bear the thought that I'd lost you."

As he cupped her chin, she stroked his cheek tenderly.

"
We should still discuss what to do about Marei though."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:28 pm

"
Which part of this madness. The idea she is a secret assassin, her dalliance with a Lord, or her concern for her safety?"
His voice is almost even, but a bit perturbed at the absurdity of it all.

Gazing down in thought, he quickly looks back up with a smile. "
Perhaps I should dress while we continue. I don't want your opinions or decisions swayed by...outside forces.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:59 pm

She smiled amusedly, and released him.

"
Very well. That is probably wise. You're a bit distracting like this."

As he dressed, she sat in a chair and watched him appreciatively, though she was also pondering the Marei situation.

"
I meant all three, in a way. They are interconnected. I have sent a letter to Aofie, inviting her to visit. I want to speak with her on the matter, as it does concern her in that it involves her husband. Depending on her feelings about Marei, it might be possible to send her back to Mountain's Reach, where, as I understand it, she wants to be. If that is not possible, then it will be necessary to ensure that the rest of the staff will be better towards her. I should probably make some sort of announcement anyway, to let everyone who serves here know that such behaviour is not acceptable."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Hands busy themselves tucking and pulling, his mind now rested, moves with haste. "
I think it best if we counter the current rumors with some more gratuitous to us, rather than condeming them. I believe our people wish to think the best of us. Let us give them that. A talking to may still be in order after the new has taken hold

"
If she is to be moved than Tullison has taken a bannerman or ... perhaps a wedding gift to Ser Theomore."
He snorts in laughter.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Corrine stifled a shocked laugh at Ben's quip, and quickly composed herself.

"
I see a sleep has you back on top form, darling. But yes, you are right. A statement that ingratiates us is better than admonishing them. There can always be sterner words later, if need be. And I wish to speak with Marei too. I don't like that I've made someone in my household afraid of me. I bear her no ill will."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 am

A devious grin curls his lips. "
I do not necessarily mean a statement on our behalf, but perhaps we play our enemies game. Start a counter rumor that destroys what now spreads through our halls."

That smirk hastens to a frown. "
It would be such a simple task for Sam. For us a great chore. His loss is felt both personally and strategically. A hole in our hearts and defenses."
Ben calls a halt to his ramblings, shaking away these soft thoughts.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:05 am

"
I feel the same. And I feel it is my fault he is gone. I didn't do enough to protect him,"
Corrine replies, her eyes downcast.

"
I don't think spreading yet another rumour serves us. You were right to say we should trust our people, and that means being truthful."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4