Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Reader wrote:Finding the right word for our Varys precursor is tough!

Given the V for Vendetta comparison Nathaniel can be N for "
iNterfering Whore"
, "
Narrator Nuisance"
? :;
):

I was always under the impression I've shown great patience for our worthy Narrator. :?

In fairness, the fact that Nathan cannot be easily defined is entirely by intent.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:46 pm

If it's easily defined, it's boring.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Only a nuisance in the most positive sense, by engaging with plots and breaking them!

Everyone has been very patient with my domestic upheavals. Embarassed
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:10 pm

R for Retribution
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=213&
t=2890&
p=89766#p89766

Minor tweak to the mention of the Great Sept of Baelor here in Nathaniel's post as it hasn't been built yet! Easy to forget. Smile

Now off for wife's birthday festivities.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Trelane looked at Nathaniel quizzically. Who was this peasant to command respect like this?

He had the ear of nobles on both sides;
Lord Bartheld to bring him and Lady Marsten to dismiss them so readily.

Was he friend or foe? Green or Black? Friend or Foe? or perhaps both or neither.

He nodded ascent to Corrine's request and followed Loreia out of the tent, lost in his thoughts. He would have to find out more about him;
Ser Jorah might know something, but unlikely that it would be full truth of the matter.

Shoe shopping at the moment with wife (the things I do for love?) but quick note to say I like posts like this. Reinforcing the culture's norms AND character development, plus a nod to politics. Thumbs up.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Reader wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&
t=2890&
p=89766#p89766

Minor tweak to the mention of the Great Sept of Baelor here in Nathaniel's post as it hasn't been built yet! Easy to forget. Smile

Now off for wife's birthday festivities.

There must be a Sept of some kind in King's Landing, if not the Sept of Baelor.

I specified King's Landing because, as far as I know, Jasper Wylde and the Grandmaester are both in King's Landing.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:36 pm

There is definitely a Sept (more than one!) in KL, fear not. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:13 am

hendy wrote:
Loreia wrote:Lol good, I wasn't certain. Tears of Lys it is.

Isn't tears of Lys one of the more violent poisons lol.
Oh, definitely. But (OOC knowledge) it's also traceless, and very expensive. It would be like adding water to a sick man's tonic. Seeing as how Nathan used basilisk venom in our fight with the false knights, I'd say it's right up his alley.

*EDIT*
viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=189&
start=610#p89914

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Yes. Yes it is. It's also ludicrously expensive. Only amateurs with too much money use Tears of Lys.

Three pinches of Sweetsleep and the victim fades off into dreamland and never wakes up.
...Oh. Whatever works really, I'd love to see that happen. I can tell you (IC/OOC) that she won't blab about it, although I'm not sure how wise Corrine or Nathan would deem it should they choose to reassure me - if the decision were to be made - that Lord Daleford will soon become "
Late"
Lord Daleford.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:53 am

There may be a hint to that effect. :;
):

I'm assuming Loreia and Trelane waited outside the tent? Let me know if that's not the case. Corrine asked for you both back after Nathan left.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Loreia wrote:
...Oh. Whatever works really, I'd love to see that happen. I can tell you (IC/OOC) that she won't blab about it, although I'm not sure how wise Corrine or Nathan would deem it should they choose to reassure me - if the decision were to be made - that Lord Daleford will soon become "
Late"
Lord Daleford.

Here is the problem Nathan has: Unlike a group of thugs attacking a child or man who makes his living keeping innocent victims to be tortured for pay, Lord Daleford is in that mucky, horrible grey area.

1. As ruthless as Nathan can be, he is not evil. At the moment, he has only Lily's word that this happened. He does think she is telling the truth, but her word alone is not enough for him to do his usual 'surgical removal' of the problem.
2. By the time we get confirmation, his removal may cause more problems than it solves. It, at the very least, might be considered suspicious.
3. Lord Daleford has lost five? six? sons to the Faith militant war. His forcing himself on Lily to Father another son is an act of desperation born by what I can only imagine is insane grief. This doesn't excuse his actions, but it does mitigate them.
4. Does one heinous act wipe away a lifetime of honour and good works? Lord Daleford has tried his best to do good all his life and most of the time been screwed for it.
5. Adham Daleford and Nathan are friends (at least 'facebook' level friends). Killing the Father of one of your friends is not something that can be taken lightly.

Nathan would kill the man if he had to, hopefully before the situation spiraled out of control, but its not something he wants to do. He is hoping Corrine will be able to handle things well enough that he doesn't have to.

Appearances of casualness aside, Nathan is still seventeen at this time and not made of stone. An older Nathan would probably have less (and I hate this word) 'angst' about the situation.

Which leads to number 6. How is this my problem anyway and why should I be the one to do anything about it? It's nobles being nobles. Unless there is a political melt down I have better things to do with my time.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:02 pm

I think some maybe perceive it as being partly your business because you invited yourself into Lady Marsten's tent to discuss it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I think some maybe perceive it as being partly your business because you invited yourself into Lady Marsten's tent to discuss it.

The rescue was my business... because I was personally asked by Lord Adham to do so. In fact, I could be wrong, but I think was the only one directly asked by anyone of House Daleford to do so. That has been accomplished. The rest was simply my considered advise to a leader of a respected House and friend.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I think some maybe perceive it as being partly your business because you invited yourself into Lady Marsten's tent to discuss it.

The rescue was my business... because I was personally asked by Lord Adham to do so. In fact, I could be wrong, but I think was the only one directly asked by anyone of House Daleford to do so. That has been accomplished. The rest was simply my considered advise to a leader of a respected House and friend.

Sure, but you were just saying it wasn't your business.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:43 pm

If you'd rather be the one in charge of Lily, go ahead. Corrine won't be hard to convince if you tell her the right words. But it seems like you simultaneously want to be in charge and want to not be involved at all. It's a bit confusing, and, speaking for myself, it feels like none of us can do it right in your eyes. I am sure you don't intend that, but I'm perceiving spikiness and would like to resolve it so everyone is happy.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:53 pm

- Claim you never found her and send her and Erryk in to the night/Essos with a wealth point?
- Send her back to her lord father - one noble girl suffers horribly, no risk of peasant butchering war.
- Take her in publicly and shame the father, potentially provoking a war where the lowborn bleed in great numbers. Depth of feeling increases exponentially with Status rank, so Lily's suffering is worth a great deal more than a bunch of peasants.
- Try to talk things over with the (potentially insane, war and loss traumatised) Father?!

IC and OOC threads have had some good discussion of various options, look forward to seeing what people go with. Sorry it's such a grim case, at least players are engaging with it and clearly have feeling about it.

I'll tweak Ser Jorah's white book entry to being something about avenging her if you go for option 1, don't worry about ret-cons. :;
):
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Sure, but you were just saying it wasn't your business.

Rescuing Lily was my business. That's done. I think it's stretching it to think whether Lord Daleford should pay for his actions or not is necessarily Nathan's business. I offered my council on the matter out of respect for Corrine and because I thought she should have a all perspectives. Perhaps I should have stayed silent.

I was just pointing out the potential dangers of the course of action Corrine was taking, and I think that is fair. If I somehow offended you by doing that, I am sorry. That was certainly not my intent. You will note that I did not attempt to Intrigue you in any way to return Lily. It was only Nathan's intent to forewarn Corrine that she might be about to step into a bear trap.

I think, at this point, it is best that I not muddy the water further. I will pass on Ser Erryk Vance to you, but after that, the matter for Nathan is closed unless Corrine requests further help or Lord Adham's life is endangered.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm not offended at all. Just very confused by your OOC comments.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Probably shouldn't abuse my Admin powers to make Nathaniel's post above include "
pass on Ser Erryk Vance to you, a swift ship and a chest of coins for his new life with Lily in Braavos"

Sail away unhappy pair, sail away. Crying or Very sad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Reader wrote:Probably shouldn't abuse my Admin powers to make Nathaniel's post above include "
pass on Ser Erryk Vance to you, a swift ship and a chest of coins for his new life with Lily in Braavos"

I'm trying very hard to manage an equitable solution that doesn't cause unnecessary bloodshed. I'm finding that a bit difficult when I seem to be upsetting a fellow player. Sad I'm probably the one who shouldn't have gotten involved, but I was doing what I felt appropriate at the time. If I'd known it was going to get folks angry at me, I wouldn't have done it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Reader wrote:Probably shouldn't abuse my Admin powers to make Nathaniel's post above include "

I'm trying very hard to manage an equitable solution that doesn't cause unnecessary bloodshed. I'm finding that a bit difficult when I seem to be upsetting a fellow player. Sad I'm probably the one who shouldn't have gotten involved, but I was doing what I felt appropriate at the time. If I'd known it was going to get folks angry at me, I wouldn't have done it.

I am not upset hun. Just trying to play Nathan as he would and give some indication of his thinking. [Edit: I am a little upset that you're upset.]

Letting them sail off to Bravos is probably the happiest solution... but Lord Daleford will find out you were involved. Both Lady Marsten and Lord Bartheld were present at the rescue.

Let me be clear... no decision you make will upset me as a player. There are a few situations that would upset Nathan, but they would probably upset Corrine as well.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Hooray. Now that nobody is upsetting anyone OOC, I look forward to you two upsetting Lord Daleford - A grief stricken, influential, potentially mentally broken but loyal servant of the Crown.

Yeesh. This is a pretty dark storyline. Rolling Eyes

Let's see if Ser Erryk makes things easier or harder. Should be pretty clear which option he'd vote for, but almost all the answers here are just different flavours of bad consequences.

Might have been easier if Theomore had done this and shamed the father, got the brother killed and had Lily married to some Black patsy to seize the Daleford lands. Twisted Evil
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Reader wrote:
"
By the Father, you have beaten me to me heart's desire, yet I feel I should prostrate myself before you instead of cursing you for delivering what I could not."

True love... yeesh... now it's Nathan's business.

On route home to her Father, Lily throws herself into a stream and drowns out of shame for what happened to her. Her broken and battered body is returned to House Daleford. Yet another child of Lord Daleford meets a grim fate.

Lord Daleford, out of terrible grief for his daughter and the loss of his many sons, throws himself from the battlements of his castle.

Two young people book passage to Braavos.

Life goes on and most people do not even notice.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Not to mention you have to factor Davain into your decision making. While there good rp reason he wasn't in the tent (leaving the immediate care of Lily to more capable hands) he eventually going to want to question her about what happen or at the very least a report of what happen. Character wise he going to be a big advocate of sending her back home to her father. It's not that he is insensitive to what her father did to her, but without proof or evidence he going to take the side of the lord who has a good reputation over a traumatized girl. He would also suggest sending a raven to inform Lord Daleford of his daughters safty.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Heh, yeah, true love will have Corrine butting in even if it's not her business. Laughing

Nathan, I've got an idea. Will pm you.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next