Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:42 am

Hah! I dunno if you can freak me out, OOC. It's fun to RP things, but there's always a level of remove for me. Gwyn's a character I made, not a surrogate for my self-image.

I think it would be pretty funny if something like that happened...but when I got into Gwyn's head I realized she's not really...turned on by a room full of people rutting. She likes her rutting to be more sensual and intimate and private. Not necessarily any less debauched, just less...gluttonous?
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:48 am

That's what the side rooms (and OOC, side threads) are for, no?

You can pick what you like from the buffet and go back to your table, not stuff your face right there at the salad bar. Wink
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:58 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hah! I dunno if you can freak me out, OOC. It's fun to RP things, but there's always a level of remove for me. Gwyn's a character I made, not a surrogate for my self-image.

I think it would be pretty funny if something like that happened...but when I got into Gwyn's head I realized she's not really...turned on by a room full of people rutting. She likes her rutting to be more sensual and intimate and private. Not necessarily any less debauched, just less...gluttonous?

This was a former monastery.  Aerion is right. There are a large number of monk 'cells' and quiet corners of the building to have your fun.  Most of the really debauched stuff would not be out in the open.  Except for the nearby presence of a black guard, there are places where nobody hears you moan.

Luecian LongBow wrote:

(OOC-I think I won, I think I won..I'm rich!!)

Rich is relative, but you did win 25 GD.  Very Happy
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:03 am

Arr, I chose my words poorly. I didn't mean to imply this was a scene out of Caligula...it's more about the sense of detachment. There are people who find that liberating, but for Gwyn it makes the affair kind of hollow and soulless.

Or maybe that's just a defensive reaction on her part, since she's never actually tried it. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:This was a former monastery.  Aerion is right.  There are a large number of monk 'cells' and quiet corners of the building to have your fun.  Most of the really debauched stuff would not be out in the open.  Except for the nearby presence of a black guard, there are places where nobody hears you moan.
Not for nothing, but this post reminded me of that. Kudos for calling them "blackguards," in a sideways way. Good stuff. Smile
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:14 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hah! I dunno if you can freak me out, OOC. It's fun to RP things, but there's always a level of remove for me. Gwyn's a character I made, not a surrogate for my self-image.

I understand. I have to work hard at not imposing my own personality and drives onto Corrine. I'm more Oberyn Martell than Corrine Marsten. Laughing

I think Corrine is turned on by both those things, but the former also frightens and confuses her.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 am

Hah! That's cool though.

And I can totally see Gwyn being up for more than just 'husband and wife in a room by themselves' as far as that goes. But strangers and masks and things...just not her jam. Maybe it requires too much trust, or implies too much vulnerability. She's someone who kind of needs to feel like she HAS control before she's willing to surrender control. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:24 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hah! That's cool though.

And I can totally see Gwyn being up for more than just 'husband and wife in a room by themselves' as far as that goes. But strangers and masks and things...just not her jam. Maybe it requires too much trust, or implies too much vulnerability. She's someone who kind of needs to feel like she HAS control before she's willing to surrender control. Smile

I understand. Ben & I had a similar discussion. We decided that they're both too insecure and possessive to go with other people, even trusted friends, even just once. It's just not them. They both have a similar control thing to Gwyn as well.
Corrine is quite easily led though, and gets swept up in the moment, especially when she's had a bit too much to drink, so I'm going with that as the reason she's being bad right now. It'll be fun drama if/when Ben finds out, and if/when she and Aerion recognise eachother at a later date. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:27 am

Hahaha, yes indeed. I'm also thinking that Corrine and Gwyn, in their conversing, are tilting rather rapidly into familiar speech patterns. It wouldn't be impossible for them to realize after the fact that this all seemed rather familiar. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:44 am

Well, it's nice to see you and Aerion finding a little compromise. What "agreement" on boundaries did you make with Ben? For us OOC.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:45 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hahaha, yes indeed. I'm also thinking that Corrine and Gwyn, in their conversing, are tilting rather rapidly into familiar speech patterns. It wouldn't be impossible for them to realize after the fact that this all seemed rather familiar. Smile

Oh, for sure. That would be a fun thing to dawn on them. Like, oh shit, I nearly macked on my female married cousin!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 am

Loreia wrote:Well, it's nice to see you and Aerion finding a little compromise. What "agreement" on boundaries did you make with Ben? For us OOC.

It's still in progress, as Ben is still catching up, but it's most likely to be "Don't have sex with anyone else.". We have an IC thread going where they're having the conversation about it, and Corrine does mention it to Gwyn in 'Red and Black', but it's not formalised yet. With Aerion, Corrine may not be violating the letter of the law, but she's definitely violating the spirit of it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:08 am

Which, of course, Aerion doesn't know about (or he'd be throwing himself out a window and climbing to get away from her, doing them both a favor, at this point).  His one and only personal rule is "no makin' babies, damn it," and he's so used to society giving him all these other rules about what he and a woman can and can't do, it hasn't even occurred to him she could be married. And he'd steer clear of a married woman if he knew, in part because of laws and fights and whatnot, but mostly because it's the wrong thing to do.

He's thrilling in his natural-born self being intimate with a highborn lady, but it hasn't dawned on him that highborn ladies of Corrine's age are overwhelmingly likely to be married.  And, y'know, married to highborn men, specifically.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:34 am

Aerion Storm wrote:Which, of course, Aerion doesn't know about (or he'd be throwing himself out a window and climbing to get away from her, doing them both a favor, at this point).  His one and only personal rule is "no makin' babies, damn it," and he's so used to society giving him all these other rules about what he and a woman can and can't do, it hasn't even occurred to him she could be married.  And he'd steer clear of a married woman if he knew, in part because of laws and fights and whatnot, but mostly because it's the wrong thing to do.

He's thrilling in his natural-born self being intimate with a highborn lady, but it hasn't dawned on him that highborn ladies of Corrine's age are overwhelmingly likely to be married.  And, y'know, married to highborn men, specifically.

And married to highborn men who have, in the past, literally punched perceived rivals in the face. Laughing

Ask Garrett Snow (Daveth Coldbrook's bastard older brother) what leering at Corrine gets you. Twisted Evil

For some amusement OOC, Corrine currently thinks Aerion is a high-ranking Baratheon, possibly even Lord Borros himself.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:51 am

Corrine wrote:Ask Garrett Snow (Daveth Coldbrook's bastard older brother) what leering at Corrine gets you. Game Discussion - Page 12 Icon_twisted
And then have some hotheaded sworn shield throw the gauntlet, only for all parties to later apologize behind closed doors. Neutral
A little anti-climactic, but preferable to the nobody-wins situation.

Yeah there's that being a Green thing too. Now we're in final jeopardy!
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:58 am

Nah, he's not scared of a fight. He's scared of arrest and execution (like if a noblewoman accuses him of abusing her), he's scared of rich men sending assassins after him. He's scared, mostly, of shame/dishonor/disapproval.

But a little punch in the face? Maybe even a duel? Nah. That's no biggie.

For some amusement OOC, Corrine currently thinks Aerion is a high-ranking Baratheon, possibly even Lord Borros himself.
But that? That's a biggie. Hah! That's awesome. He doesn't even know who his dad is, and she thinks he's maybe even Lord Borros himself. *snort* I love it.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:17 am

Loreia wrote:
Corrine wrote:Ask Garrett Snow (Daveth Coldbrook's bastard older brother) what leering at Corrine gets you. Game Discussion - Page 12 Icon_twisted
And then have some hotheaded sworn shield throw the gauntlet, only for all parties to later apologize behind closed doors. Neutral
A little anti-climactic, but preferable to the nobody-wins situation.

It's tough being mature adults sometimes. Laughing

Yeah there's that being a Green thing too. Now we're in final jeopardy!

You mix Green and Black, and all you get is a darker Green...

I feel like that would be profound in the right conversation. Cool

However, one of Corrine's closest friends is about as Green as they come, so it's not the people she necessarily objects to, it's the ideology.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:43 am

That's why we paint it black Very Happy
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 am

Much sadness at previous failure to instigate a duel with Garret, Ben, Corrine scene. Was fun however, various parties weighing in, others trying to haul it back.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:That's why we paint it black Very Happy

Says the man who is in bed with the Greens. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am

Reader wrote:Much sadness at previous failure to instigate a duel with Garret, Ben, Corrine scene. Was fun however, various parties weighing in, others trying to haul it back.

Some men just want to watch the world burn... calories.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:51 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

Black, Green. They all have the same parts beneath their gowns.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

Black, Green. They all have the same parts beneath their gowns.

I didn't mean literally.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:34 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Some men just want to watch the world burn... calories.
I hear horse riding is good for that. I wonder how squire riding compares?

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Says the man who is in bed with the Greens. Razz
I think "in bed with the Greens" or at least "a green" more aptly describes Corinne than Theo at the moment. Wink

Alright, I'm done. I blame my sleep- and coffee- deprived state for my current sense of humor. Maybe going back to bed a spell will fix something in my brain.
Not bloody likely...
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Probably too late in life to fix your sense of humour. Wink
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down