Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"They merely try to goad us for sport, My Lord, and Ser," Corrine cautions, seeing the escalation coming. "Don't feed them with your ire."

She shoots Nathan a disapproving look.

"I expected petty putdowns from the fool, Master Mason, but not you. Disappointing."

[Does chipping in here use my above results, or do I roll again?]

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:"Why, I believe he knighted Ser Loreia," says a new voice in the Frey's fray. "At great personal risk and courage."

Gwyneth on hearing Eoric's plight can't quite keep herself from trying to intervene, though doing so places her in the crossfire.

"The same Ser Loreia that you laud so highly," she went on to say to Nathan. Then to Lord Frey, "And that exemplifies our cause so well. Come now. Fun is fun, but we are all after all subjects of the same King, and men and women of the Riverlands. We have far more in common than we have differences."

Will vs Mushroom!: 4d6 7
Persuasion charm for Mushroom: 6d6k4 18

(orokoooooooooooooooooooooos!!)

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"Hear hear!" Corrine calls after Gwyn. "Lady Drakeson speaks truly!"

First, Reader asked me to write something like that, so I obliged.

Second, are you ladies going to try and intervene in every Taunt and Incite in that thread, or just mine?
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:15 pm

Erm...just that one?

You can even do other taunts and incites if you want. I was just looking for an RP 'in' and that jumped out at me.

Sorry if that's crossing a line. OOC it's not my intention to try to interfere.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Sorry to butt in, guys! I saw the opening and couldn't resist taking it! Hee hee!

I'll have her move on quickly so you two can chat. Smile
I don't mind extra company and interaction in the slighest. I'm just sorry I had to keep adding to my post 'cause y'all kept replying before I could hit 'send.' Wink
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

(orokoooooooooooooooooooooos!!)
All I can see in my mind.:
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Nathan, I'm sorry if I've offended you, but I thought that we were allowed to rp in there. I did post that Corrine would be trying to keep the peace, and I was just trying to reflect that. I don't think anyone has any problem OOC with what you have written.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Nathan, I'm sorry if I've offended you, but I thought that we were allowed to rp in there. I did post that Corrine would be trying to keep the peace, and I was just trying to reflect that. I don't think anyone has any problem OOC with what you have written.

I wrote what I was required (against my better judgment) and had it approved by Reader first (as I always do in such situations). I tried to keep as much of the drama to NPCs. I was under the impression this was an Event thread. Normally in event threads other players do not generally try to make rolls against other players. At least, I have not seen such before.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:37 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Normally in event threads other players do not generally try to make rolls against other players.  At least, I have not seen such before.
I don't see any rolls having anything to do with Nathan?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Nathan, I'm sorry if I've offended you, but I thought that we were allowed to rp in there. I did post that Corrine would be trying to keep the peace, and I was just trying to reflect that. I don't think anyone has any problem OOC with what you have written.

I wrote what I was required (against my better judgment) and had it approved by Reader first (as I always do in such situations).  I tried to keep as much of the drama to NPCs.  I was under the impression this was an Event thread.  Normally in event threads other players do not generally try to make rolls against other players.  At least, I have not seen such before.

I haven't rolled a single thing against you. And like I said, I am not in any way contesting the legitimacy of the post.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Baelon Drakeson wrote:
Nathaniel Mason wrote:Normally in event threads other players do not generally try to make rolls against other players.  At least, I have not seen such before.
I don't see any rolls having anything to do with Nathan?

I think Gwyn rolled stuff.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 pm

That was the normal event stuff, and a charm roll to boot. It's not directed at Nathan in any way.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 pm

I made my normal roll. It's not a roll against you. I'd have specified that it was, if I'd meant it to be.

Gleep, I do apologize for the confusion there. If I need to make an edit, I can.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:25 am

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:perhaps people may want to discuss this with him
Hmm, Loreia might be interested. Concerned, maybe. I haven't looked yet to see if any threads have been formed for any other PCs attempting to find out.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:27 am

I just find it odd that soneone like Jorah would be oblique about a grievance.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:13 am

Let's try and be careful to keep the incite rolls and nasty misunderstandings IC, not OOC, everybody. Smile
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:16 am

Hear hear.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:22 am

Honestly, I may be in the minority but its turned into a pretty interesting event now. Evil or Very Mad  I also think it stayed pretty IC from the posts and true to past events in reactions etc.  There are a lot of really interesting characters and viewpoints in this game, part of what makes it so interesting!
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:35 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Baelon Drakeson wrote:[OOC: For the record, Baelon's tone was at no point threatening or swaggering. He really was just stating facts. Those predisposed not to care are free to ignore this.]

[Or just, y'know, put the tone into the writing. It's not hard to put descriptors in. You were stating facts that were threatening and unnecessary and arrogant. Own it or stop it.]

Baelon was stating the fact that saying inflammatory things in a crowd of soldiers on edge about going off to a war, who also happen to be armed to the teeth for said war, and who might think much more highly of Ser Eoric than Nathan (if they know anything of him at all) could lead to unnecessary bloodshed. Especially when Nathan's statements are a significant up-ending of the social order. Men might feel threatened by women in "their" roles, but that's nothing compared to how nobles feel when the fundamental thing that keeps them in power - that is, the oppression of the smallfolk - is threatened. It's why dictators jail or kill aid workers. It's not that they hate their people, it's that they love their power.

It's also something that Baelon has lived through - look at the conversation he was just having with Aerion. Like Nathan, Aerion is not nobility, not even a knight, and thus does not have the protections of law that nobles such as Baelon and Corrine have. Baelon was in the same situation, before he was knighted. He knows from first hand experience how dangerous it can be in that situation to piss off nobility. It's why, if I am not mistaken, Aerion isn't just afraid of angering a jealous husband with a pick for QoLaB. A father could take offense at a "mere bastard squire seducing his daughter."

It was phrased as it would be in Ser Eoric's rights to have him killed - not that Baelon could kill him and get away with it.
He stated that the law does not protect the smallfolk as it does nobles, not that Nathan was "worthless peasant scum" or some such.

I'm sorry, but I think you are reading tone that isn't there. It's your prerogative to decide whether or not Corinne does so IC. It wouldn't be the first time she completely misunderstands Baelon, and I'm sure it won't be the last. It adds depth and complexity to their relationship, which is cool.

OOC, though, if I say something like that, please just accept it.

Last edited by Baelon Drakeson on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling, grammar, pronoun reference clarification, and so on.)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:38 am

Reader wrote:Rofl. An ingenious double bluff Jon. Wink

I second that. Awesome.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:40 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Aerion Storm wrote:Hey now, who's talkin' wife?  I just need someone, at most, to give some flowers to without starting a fight.  

That's me out then. Damn. Ben, get better at jousting!

And here I had thought to hang up my spurs to let the younger bucks have at it. Well, back to the yard.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:51 am

Psh, Ben's not *that* old. Actually, I don't know... how old is Ben, actually?

Baelon was born late in 106, a bit more than 9 months after the start of the first Stepstones war. that makes him barely more than 20, still quite a young 'un.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:03 am

Wow, that adds some perspective. Loreia was born in 99.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:37 am

Feels like everything was quieting down, I just walked right up and dropped a bomb right in the middle of the proceedings. Seems like to follow this dramatically, everyone's rolls and RP from there on out should be treated as happening before I verbally slapped Lord Frey.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:43 am

Baelon, I don't have time for an essay. If you have to write one to explain something, then it's clearly not the simple matter you think it is, and it treads awfully close to gas-lighting. It's not the first time Baelon has insulted or disrespected someone by "just stating facts". If you don't want characters to think Baelon is a self-impressed arse, then don't play him like one.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:09 am

Would it be okay if I mediated a little? Y'all are adults and I figure you don't need it, but I have a foot on each side and I figure I might be able to give a little context? To soothe ruffled feathers?

Only if everyone's okay with it though.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am

Keep the IC tension IC - in fact, lots of it goes better if yo discuss it OOC: e.g. "We're at odd, even though we're both Black. I'm happy to risk an intrigue/duel, with a consequence of losing of X". Allows conflict within defined parameters.

OOC conflict is fine - I appreciate people don't want to have to read essays, but explanations are better than nothing and it's fun to know motives/explanations. Conflict loves an information vacuum. I think Baelon was sincerely trying to explain things, not gas-light anyone. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next