Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oaths and Vows 126/3

2 posters

Go down

Oaths and Vows 126/3 Empty Oaths and Vows 126/3

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:34 am

Septon Arlyn is enjoying a smoked leg of duck, its greasy juices flowing down his jowls as he takes another bite from the lightly seasoned flesh with peppercorn kernels. Certianly spared no expense did he. Must be trying to show his cousin in law that he will not skimp when it comes to taking care of Lady Floreta. Septon Arlyn smiles to himself. It appears he truly is trying to make himself a better man. As the Septon dabs his chin he spots aforementioned Knight breaking away from conversation with one of the many groups that have gathered here. The groups do cause the Septon to frown slightly as he makes notes of who appears to be gathering with whom, and it appeared that green was not the favored color of this engagement, I fear things have gotten farther along then I feared. What did Septon Hugestus always prattle on? expect the worst but hope for the best? Well clearly I have been a bit too optimistic in my assessments. Septon Arlyn excused himself from the group that he was conversing with to make his way to the groom.

"Ser Theomore!" exclaims the Septon as he moves to intercept him before the knight gets wrapped up in another conversation.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Oaths and Vows 126/3 Empty Re: Oaths and Vows 126/3

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:03 pm

"Septon Arlyn, how good of you to come" Theomore appears to have multiple stones lifted from some invisible burden than was the case during their last encounter at battle valley. "I hope your colleague performed to your satisfaction in the sept?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:38 am

"Well there was certainly a pleasing lack of fire and brimstone to be sure" the Septon smiled at Theomore. "Your bride appears to be well, and it seems that you have recovered some since your time in Battle Valley. I hope that you have turned to the Gods and are continuing on your tasks?" inquires the Septon gently. "It does seem that you have settled yourself down with a good women. She is certainly lovely, and appears to be quite enamored with your Ser Theomore. I trust that her faith is not misplaced?" Septon Arlyn seems to put slight emphasis on the Ser, as if to quietly remind him of a conversation they had while watching his young nephew get clobbered in the Melee of Riverrun.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

"I made a pledge, septon." Theomore almost seems insulted at the notion that he would not stay true. "I am careful with my promises because my word is only worth it's currency if I make good on it."

"I will love my wife, and be hers until death do us part, and I will endevour to complete the tasks laid before me, even though I do wish that there would be no need for good men to undertake some of them." Sadly, the nature of men would provide ample occurrences where a decent enough knight would take action. And Theomore had a knack for finding himself in the vicinity of places where such things might happen. "If I make too many promises, I might struggle to keep them all."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Septon Arlyn breaks out into a jovial smile at the knights sudden defensiveness. It is good that he takes offense at such a comment.

Unless it is a mere act

I think he means what he says

"I meant no offense Ser Theomore. You appear to have taken your tasks seriously and I do believe that you have the best intentions." He claps the knight on his shoulder. "Besides I think that you take your oaths to family seriously, and now that you have a Lady I believe that she will do much to help ease some of your troubles." Septon Arlyn spoke with a calm demeanor, then leans forward towards the knight and utters something in a low tone [PM TN 12 for others]"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:29 pm

"So I think we can allow ourselves to hope." Theomore answers with a smile suggesting he knows full well that it could be a reply to both the septon's statements. The whispered one was not a matter he would care to discuss where others might overhear it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Septon Arlyn gives a knowing smile and nods in agreement.

"Now Ser Theomore, If you have anything further to discuss I suggest we move over to the dining table," Septon Arlyn pats his stomach, "For I would not want to have all this wedding food go to waste now would we?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:57 pm

"Lord Forrest's cooks would be rather disappointed if we did not show our appreciation for their hard work." Theomore chuckles. He himself had probably lost weight as of late, though so far it only seemed to be the sort he would not be missing. His belly had never been noticeably rotund, though there had been signs of it not being quite so firm as the maester claimed was best. He had been spending more time in the yard, but perhaps he wasn't eating quite as much as he used to?

No matter, Floreta would likely start worrying about it if he didn't eat enough.

"So, what have you been up to in the past months?" It felt like ages already. War in Dorne, short enough as it was, at least three tourneys. Interesting tidings from King's Landing.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:08 am

"Well as you may have remembered I went off after those who attacked Pennytree, attempting to find the truth. I had some assistance from one of Lady Corrines associates, a Samuel Manderly, of white harbor I believe. We turned Maiden pool upside down but could not find any scraps of information." My Brother was certainly of little help on that account.

"But Master Manderly felt he could find out more in Essos, So we parted ways with my blessing on his hunt as he chartered a ship over to Essos." Septon Alryn sighs, "would that I could be young and without responsibilities such as he was. But I had spent enough time away from my flock and needed to return to minister to them" it was easy to tell the wistfulness in Septon Arlyns voice. "I hope that he was able to find out what really happened at Pennytree, so justice can be had for the smallfolk."

Septon Arlyn eyes a slice of glazed ham. "I heard that your trial went well. I am Glad that Ser Walton as able to be there to deliver my words. I heard rumors that you had a visit from the prince as well, was that related to the trial at all?"

Last edited by Septon Arlyn on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 pm

"Find out more in Essos?" That did not quite fit together if they had turned up no clues as to the sellswords, but Maidenpool was a big place, who knows what else of interest might be dredged up there if one looked hard enough?

"It is not for me to discuss the affairs of the prince, I fear. His words were meant for myself and my lord nephew, none other." Any other answer would involve lies and deceit, sometimes that was necessary, this time not.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:50 pm

Septon arlyn nods, "sure enough, I am sure the prince has all sorts of business he must attend to," Although interestinly enough he finds time to stop by mountains reach to speak with his old squire, and Ser Theomore still has his head. The prince is not a forgiving sort of man. Perhaps Prince Daemon has seen the good in Theomore as well.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:29 pm

"Today may indeed be a joyous occation, good septon." Theomore helps himself to some choice morsels. "But as peaceful as today is, few expect that to be the norm for the times to come, and no man should be idle with that on the horizon."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down