Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword is sword [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Sword is sword [Closed] Empty Sword is sword [Closed]

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Tall and wide in shoulders Walton Dulver approached as soon as noise calmed down after spectacular show of horse riding skills. Young knight was wearing comfortable leather clothes and high riding boots. His left arm was hidden under orange cloak with dark hammer sewed on it. His outfit was simple, only decoration was golden necklace- seven pointed star with diamonds on it's every end, with small obsidian hammer in middle of star.

When approaching, he clasped few times in approbation of show. Despite something disturbing in him, young man was smiling honestly when reached his hand in greeting. -I could not allow myself to not come and introduce myself, Ser. Maybe highlanders aren't masters in horse riding, but I must admit, not often man can see as great show of skills as Yours. I am Walton Dulver, heir of Stony Heath, seat of House Dulver. Who, if I may ask, have just delighted gathered people with his impressing equestrian show, Ser?- While talking, his left hand was resting on the hilt of his hidden in scabbard longsword.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Sword is sword [Closed] Empty Re: Sword is sword [Closed]

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:35 pm

"I thank you, Ser, and well met. But I am no Ser, m'lord Dulver. I am Aerion Storm, squire to Ser Harbert Baratheon, here to compete by virtue of generous invitation and the permission of my lord."

He smiles, trying to take any sting out of correcting this mountain of a hillman.

"And I mean no offense, Ser, only clarification of my standing, and to prevent insult by being unclear."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:59 pm

-Pardon me please, for what I say know, as for sure You hear it often, probably too often: You do not exactly fit description of squire. Ser Harbert must be great knight though, for Seven's sake, seeing his squire riding like that!- Dulver seemed surprised, but honest smile didn't disappear from his face. He was still reaching out his hand in greeting. -I take no offense. And touch of not noble hand doesn't hurt me, I guarantee.-

[OOC: Aerion is mid-20s, right? I also assume Aerion will shake his hand, so to add little flavour about physical side of Walton Dulver... That's one of things which first attracts the eye, when looking at him.]

Handshake (Athletic-Strength): 7d6k5 22

Young knight's hand grip was strong, but it was obviously not intended to threaten or humiliate squire. It was supposed to be firm, men's handshake. And it was.

-How is it that man like You is still a squire, instead of going his own path, if it's proper to ask? I have heard of men, who squire for their whole lifes without being knighted, but I thought those are rather exceptions. I hope You will get Your spurs, if that's what You truly seek.-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 pm

Aerion returns the handshake without wincing; he's determined to be polite, not meek.

"There are squires far older than me, Ser, and who are not natural-born," he says with a smile, but one turned a little forced. "I will earn my spurs in due time, Seven willing, but I think it will not be on a tourney field. Ser Harbert's standards are very high, as befits a knight of his renown."

[Early twenties (though the actor was 25 when the avatar picture was taken, IIRC, Aerion's a little younger), but I need to talk to Reader and pin down an exact age. I keep forgetting.]

Ath/Str: 5d6k4 19
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Walton surprised by Aerion's firm handshake, smiled wider. First horse riding, now grip like that... Interesting... thought Dulver.

-And call me Walton, we can spare ourselves titles in that case. I will look forward to see You in joust.- Dulver said kindly. When Aerion mentioned how he would like to earn his spurs, he smiled faintly. -Knighthood forged in battle is the only true one, if You ask me, no matter who You are and how old You are. Your words are admirable, but battle is not tourney. Everyone has his own destiny, so if Seven want You to prove Your worth, one day You will do it.- At the end Walton gave friendly pat to Aerion's shoulder.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:36 pm

"I..." What?

"I appreciate your friendliness, m'lord, but I would not wish to appear unseemly, nor fall into bad habits where others might hear. Best I stick with courtesies, Ser."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:51 pm

-As You wish, Aerion. In my sides there are no useless courtesies among soldiers, and I was soldier before I became a knight, I don't forget about that. I won't offend You and Your liege, by offering You service in our House, but our pavillions are open for capable men, if You would like to drink jug of wine or ale in good company, or just practice swordsmanship. I must admit, You aroused my curiosity.-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 pm

"I thank you for the gracious courtesy, m'lord, and will gladly take you up on your offer should my schedule permit," he smiles again, nodding, "And I am sure Ser Harbert would appreciate your sentiment, were he here to hear it he would take your esteem as a mark in my favor, I'm sure, and as such in his, for training me."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:57 pm

-Then all I can do now, is wish You luck in upcoming tourney. May Father watch over You and Warrior guide Your hand, Aerion Storm. I look forward to meet You again.- Ser Walton nodded to bastard, before leaving.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:20 am

[...annnd, scene! Thanks for saying hi!]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content