Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Courtesies of young knight

2 posters

Go down

Courtesies of young knight Empty Courtesies of young knight

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:33 pm

Ser Walton surprisingly enjoyed that evening. Hours were passing after hours, each of them spent on brisky discussions about more or less important things- from politics of Seven Kingdoms, to women, to swords, to horses. Ser Walton as happy buyer of few beautiful mounts lastly, had a lot to say in that subject. Not only his throat dried out from talking, but also he was afraid, that not refilled with wine, his tonight's charm could fly away.

Walton excused kindly and with decisive step headed towards tables with drinks and foods. He reached for jug, which after smell seemed to be dornish sweet. In a flush of courtesy, backed by confidence gained over the evening, he offered to refill cup of lone lady standing few steps aside of tables. Lone lady with empty cup- Walton without hesitation rushed to aid.

-Wine, m'lady?- Walton reached jug out to her in offer. Truth was that lady got his attention already earlier. First when she was showing surprising for woman eloquency, then on dance floor. He caught every her move with his eye, but he also knew, who is she married to. -Ser Walton Dulver, at Your service.- Young knight added with smile. He decided to introduce himself, despite knowing from what house Lady is derived from.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Courtesies of young knight Empty Re: Courtesies of young knight

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Gwyneth gave Dulver that warm smile she'd charmed the Tully tourney with and offered up her glass to be filled, though she merely sipped at it.

"Ser Dulver, a pleasure. I'm Lady Gwyneth Drakeson."

She had to look up quite a bit to meet his eyes; she was not a tall woman, and Walton was quite large indeed.

"I was actually a little surprised to see you here, I admit," Gwyneth commented. "Rumors abound that you rarely take part in tourneys...and I'd thought the events in Battle Valley made little friendship between the Dulvers and Coldbrooks. I'm glad to see that perhaps that's not the case."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:32 am

Walton smiled back kindly, even if his smile would never be as charming as Gwyn's.

-it's great pleasure to meet You finally, Lady Gwyn. I have noticed You in Battle Valley, but young knight never had chance, nor boldness to introduce himself to as charming and beautiful Lady as You.- Dulver lowered head in humility.

-And rumours about Walton Dulver not participating in tourney's? THOSE rumours actually don't lie, m'lady. I came to wedding, not tourney.- Walton liked to talk about himself as another person. Also wanted to suggest, that not everything what is said about him, must be true, whatever it could be. - House Dulver would like to wish Coldbrooks everything best in that day, no matter what relationship is between our houses. It's very happy day, day to cheer, not fight.- he said last words even if he didn't really believed in them. Sometimes knowing that other do, was enough to not come out with his own opinions. -But I don't have to mention that for sure, as not long ago You were bride.- Young knight lifted his cup in salute. -To newly weds.- and took big sip.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 am

Gwyn raises her glass to that, and takes a swallow of her own.

"Well, I'm glad to see the Coldbrooks extended an invitation. It's too easy to be caught up in the politics of the moment, and forget the common courtesies that bind us all together. We can disagree without being enemies, after all."

For now at least. While the King lives, at least.

She gives the hulking knight a smile. "But what of you? You're heir to your House, yes? Surely there must be a match brewing for you."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:21 pm

-Great wisdom speaks through You, m'lady- Walton once more bowed kindly in response. -And yes, I am heir of House Dulver. Thank You for ruining my evening.- continued with fake bitterness.

-But no, there is no wedding planned for me. At least not yet. Lord Horas and Lady Falyse come back to that from time to time, but luckily for me, currently I have moment of relief between their intrigues in that matter.-

He opened his hands in gesture of helplessness. -But which noble lady would like man, who spends most of his time away from his family home? Current tough times are very demanding, and I have feeling, that it won't get any better soon... But young knight also knows, that time is passing, and best matches will not wait forever. But that's as I say: "problem for future Walton". And I truly don't envy him.- Dulver ended with rakish half-smile.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Gwyneth laughed at that a little and replied, "I know more than one lady who's rather glad to have the household to herself on occasion, though they rarely speak of it beyond gossip."

She took another sip of wine, studying Walton over the rim of the glass for a moment.

"You surprise me though. I'd have thought you'd be eager to have a son, with the dangerous life you lead. Can it be that trapped in that man's body you are still a young boy at heart?" Gwyn smiled. "Are we girls still 'icky' for you?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Walton laughed loudly in response. -No, m'lady, not for some time already. There was simply no right match, yet. And why rush with it, if it may be only wife I will have? And House Dulver will last whatever life will bring to me. Lord Harald has two more sons, even if they don't give him as much pride as his oldest son.- Here Walton paused and bowed kindly, too low to take it seriously.

-Being heir of smaller house has it's responsibilities of course, and knowledge that Lord Harald may one day decide to gain something by my martiage, instead giving me free choice in that matter, haunts me from time to time.- Walton was smiled, but serious.

And being serious was not one of his favourite things to do, so he added -But have You ever seen married man to be happy, m'lady?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:31 am

Gwyn feigned an affronted look and said, "As a wife, I can assure you I see a happy married man every day. Until my husband comes home."

She laughed.

"In seriousness though, I know several men who are either happily married, or put on an extremely convincing performance of being so. I suppose marriage doesn't suit every man...or woman for that matter...but we don't all have that luxury of putting happiness over House. The power you have comes with countervailing duties...such is the price of the favor of the gods, hm?"

She waved a hand airily.

"But you can get all that from your father and mother, I suppose. For now, for here, that is far away from you. Though I will say if you ever find yourself wanting to find your own bride, before your father can line one up for you...you may want to talk to Corrine. She has a knack for it. Oh, excuse me." Gwyn raises her glass with a wry smile. "Lady Marsten."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Ser Walton laughed loudly in response to Gwyn's joke. -I must believe Your word then, m'lady. But I'm not interested in putting on convincing performances. Walton Dulver is happy man and it will stay that way, until he decides something else.-

Walton thought for a while before continuing. -If You already mentioned Them, I'm afraid I am favorite of gods, m'lady. Not only they are always on my side, but they also let me born as man. If things would go terribly wrong, no matter what would be the reason, everything man needs are: sharp blade, piece of armor and good horse, in that order. And of course what I got most valuable after my father to start with...- here young knight bursted out laughing.

Dulver immediately became serious and bowed apologetically -I hope I didn't offend or embarrass You, m'lady, that was not my intention. But as You can see, man is in better situation than woman, if we talk about possibilities.- This time he opened his hands in gesture of helplessness. -That's how Seven made this world.-

Walton didn't drink to Gwyn's last words. Instead he just replied. Despite smile, his eyes stayed indifferent. -I will keep Your advice in mind, Lady Gwyn. But I don't think I would dare to bother Lady Marsten with my pedestrian affairs.- Dulver seemed at least a little reluctant by mentioning Lady Corrine.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:15 pm

And thus dies the noble House of Dulver thought Gwyneth as she beheld Walton unmasked. Does his father know? Does he understand? He must...

"I am not so easily offended, nor embarrassed," she replied gently. "If I responded with either every time a man said as much to me, I'd be in a constant coma of bashful rage from which not even the Seven could awaken me."

I should be embarrassed on your behalf perhaps, but not by you.

"As for Lady Marsten, am I correct in feeling that you've had some poor dealings with her in the past?" Gwyn smiled. "She can be headstrong, yes? As quick to anger as she is to forgive."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:16 pm

-Being headstrong is one of smallest problems in our relationships, and I would never blame head of house for something as petty as that. But that's not something I would like to discuss during wedding, Lady Gwyn. Those are matters of Dulvers and Marstens, and let's keep them that way. And let's keep them in place they belong, and this is not one of them.-

As discussion started to go further and further on tracks Walton was not pleased with, he started to look with yearning in direction he came from. Men were even more drunk as he left them, and he was even more sober from that moment. Even if they discussed about women, they did not mention marriages. And if they discussed politics, they talked about who should be fought next...

There was only one way to save that night for him...

-It was great pleasure to meet You, m'lady. But I'm afraid I left my merry company for too long. I said I will just grab a drink for us and be right back. I hope You understand and excuse me, m'lady. I can't let them die of thirst, Seven forbid. Thank You for Your time and pleasant talk. I will look forward to meet You again, Lady Gwyn. May Mother watch over You and Crone enlighten Your way with her wisdom.- Walton bowed kindly and reached out to grab her hand to kiss it politely.

[OOC: I wasn't sure about gods and areas they cover, so don't blame Walton if I confused something. If Gwyn has nothing to add, Walton will take jug of wine and go back to cultivate hedonism in less noble company. Thanks for little introduction Wink ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:18 am

Gwyneth allowed the courtly kiss and bowed her head slightly.

"And thank you for your courtesy and conversation, Ser Walton. It does you credit as a knight."

She watched him as he took the...jug? Gods above...of wine and hastily retreated. An interesting boy, this Dulver lad. Very interesting indeed.

(OOC - Okay, sounds good then! Calling /scene, and thanks very much!)
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down