Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed)

+2
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
6 posters

Go down

The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed) Empty The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 am

Nathan sat on the patio sipping his drink and chatting amiably.  The surest way not to be seen is to be uninteresting enough not to be noticed.  His position had an excellent view of the front doors of Gian Yuffon's estate.  The Myrish merchant expected the delegation that was just now arriving.  Like any merchant, coin was his weakness, and the Dulvers were not lacking in coin by any means.  Greed was an easily exploited flaw.

The five men had been surprised by his plan, but it had been the only option.  The Dulvers, while rich in coin, had all the stealth and subtlety of a clanking Knight in full plate.  Lord Marsten and Ser Aerion were worse, if that could be believed, having the thieving skills of a three legged house cat trying to pilfer a side of beef.  No, if this mission was to succeed, planning and preparation would win the day.  

On the group's first meeting, Nathan had buried them in paper:  plans of the city, plans of the estate, patrol schedules of the city guard, patrol schedules of the estate guards, past trade deals of the merchant, who his friends were, who his enemies were.  Nathan even knew what the man had eaten for dinner last night.  Hopefully, if all went to plan, retrieving the documents was just a formality.

Nathan nodded and smiled to his two companions and motioned for a server as the Dulvers approached the estate.  Ser Raynold knocked upon the door as an expected guest would.  Ser Walton looked up and down the street with his usual imposing gaze.  Septon Arlyn, was as jovial and good natured as ever.  One might think the Dulvers were actually here to discuss a trade agreement.  Perhaps there were.  It did not have to be a ruse, and House Dulver was often loathe to pass up an opportunity to garner more wealth.

As the Dulver delegation was admitted to the estate, Nathan, Aerion and Lord Marsten wandered amiably up the street.  There was an alley farther up known to have a small brothel.  The alley also conveniently had a secret passage that led from the estate.  It was Gian's as an escape route should it be needed, and occasionally to access the brothel unnoticed.  Like most people, the merchant failed to remember that a passage that lets you out, also allows others in.

ROLLS::

Last edited by Nathaniel Mason on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed) Empty Re: The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed)

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:17 am

Septon Arlyn approaches teh well made door. It was thick oak and barred with iron and inlay-ed with brass designs of trees. Sure does like to make an impression Arlyn thinks to himself. He observes the party, keeping a particular eye on Short Tom. He is a spry fellow for his age, and his ability to speak Myrish is valuable. Hopefully this negotiation will be fruitful. Septon Arlyn breezes easily through the door, after Raynald and Walton. "Goodman Gain, What a pleasure it is to make your aquaintaince. Let my introduce ourselves, I am Septon Arlyn, of House Dulver. These two fine men with me are Ser Walton Dulver and Ser Raynald Dulver. As you can see my Lord Dulver is very excited about this proposition, sending his Heir and Brother to help make this deal." Septon Arlyn then steps behind the two men, taking his place beside short tom.

Rolls:
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed) Empty Re: The Merry Men's Mission in Myr (Closed)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am

Ser Walton was standing straight- proud, but also alert. He was not only Dulver heir today, but also a sword. He was wearing armor made of hard leather, as it was business meeting. Also due to stay comfortable during the trip. And for dangers of it, he had longsword in his scabbard- beautiful and elegant blade, perfect for occasion like this. On his back he had large shield. He wasn't planning using them, but they were long way away from home and he had duty to protect other members of expedition.

When they approached the door, he stood next to it in position he could control the door, but also the street they left behind.

When introduced by Septon, Walton nodded with his head shortly. He was trying to stay out of way in discussion and not gain anyone's attention as long as it wasn't necessarily.

ooc:
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:54 am

Raynald stepped into the great merchant manor wearing leather, just like his nephew, but the sigil in his cloak was as red as his long hair and beard which blanket his neck and shoulders almost entirely. The old knight rested his hands on his swordbelt, admiring the beautiful house acquired by this Myrish man. More than clothing, Raynald was wearing a face, one that showed no concern at all about the negotiation that would take place under these walls, in direct contrast to the courteous Septon and the intimidating Walton.

"Greetings" he said to the merchant coldly enough to get his attention. After following their host to the proper room for negotiation, Raynald started his act. "Very well. Shall we begin? As our good Septon Arlyn here already briefed you, my lord, my task in these lands is to represent my brother's investments." Raynald accepted a glass of golden wine offered by a slave.

"And it has come to his attention how undisputed is the mastery of fine craftsmanship that you Myrish folk are blessed with. While our westerosi hands stumble to give form to simple jars and bowls you Myrmen have the ability to confer holy detail and grace even to your pisspots, if you pardon my language" Raynald chuckled "It has also come to his attention that while Myr has plenty of riches, most of the lesser metals you people work with comes from Volantis at a considerable high tributation" Raynald took a sip on the wine. "Now, as I'm sure you are well aware, we Dulvers trade on copper and brass for generations now, and so it is the will of my brother to return home to a new trade route between our lands and yours."

Raynald then raised his hands, as if disarming himself. "Now let me be clear, ser, before any misunderstanding take place in this conversation: I won't deny that originally it was my intent to visit a list of names in this beautiful city looking for the best deal. My good Arlyn here, whose counsel and guideness I deeply care, advised me to come straight to you, as apparently you share common friends and the prestige of your trade reach overseas. So tell me, ser Gain, will you help me to fulfill my older brother's wishes?"

[OOC: Deception (Disguise) Roll: 4d6 14
+3 from Treacherous
+1 from Walton's assist
+2 from Septon Arlyn's coordinate
+?? from Short Tom]
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Meanwhile, Nathan and his companions strolled casually up the alley.  When no-one was in immediate view, the young man quickly retrieved a backpack he'd hidden in a pile of refuse, then started searching for the secret door.  It was not hard to find, if one knew it was there, but could be easily missed otherwise.  

As Aerion stood lookout, Nathan pulled out a pair of long thin hooked pieces of metal and deftly inserted one into the hairline cracks on either side of the door.  Lifting upward, he nodded to Lord Marsten to push the door inward and grab the bar on the other side.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Aerion's clad only in mail -- his plate left off -- and meant to look a glowering Westerosi sellsword. He and Ben manage it well enough, under strict orders not to neaten their beards and the like for the length of their trip. Gone Baratheon-shaggy, with a sailor's stained cloak on over his armor and broad shoulders, he certainly looks the part.

And looking the part is enough. Nobody wants to cross a group of glowering Westerosi sellswords, not even this close to a whorehouse when you'd expect them to be in a decent enough mood. He's able to just stand with arms crossed and his oversized sword at his hip, glaring at whoever he wants to glare at, leaving the sneaking and skulking to others...others with less to worry about, others now more able to focus on finding secret passages and that sort of thing in peace.

ooc:
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:39 am

Despite the danger this endeavour put them in, Ben was enjoying the lack of responsibilities. Here he had new, different responsibilities. These pertained to just himself and a few others. There would always be a part of him that longed for a simpler life.

This new more relaxed demeanor and persona he portrayed alongside Aerion and Nathan her in Myr reminded him of his father. To Aerion's gruff, hulking sellsword, Ben played the cocky mercenary filled with an arrogance born of defeating death on multiple occasions.

From there watching vantage Ben reclines in his chair, stretching his arms over his head. His worn leather creaks and strains against his mass shifting. When Nathan motions them to move on, he stands dragging a silk sweat-stained sleeve across his forehead. His other resting upon his hilt, fingers reflexively squeezing and releasing.

Ben makes sure everything is as it was planned. Keeping one eye on the hulking lookout and the other watching Nathan's back. One beckoned, Ben does what his needed. He shoulders into the once invisible door and attempts to draw it open.

Merry Men Task 1 coordinate: 3d6 12
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:35 pm

As Ben grabbed the bar, the three men ducked under the low threshold and slipped inside.  Closing the door plunged them into darkness.  Nathan pulled out a small torch and vial of powder.  Instructing them to close their eyes for a moment, he sprinkled some of the powder onto the head of the torch and it immediately sparked, sputtered and blazed into life.  Ben secured the door and they began to move up the grimy passage.

There were several side passages, but the young man seemed to know where he was going.  Originally this had been part of a sewer system when the ground level for the manor, and much of the city, had been several feet higher.  Now, those parts of the system that had not been repurposed for other uses or made into secret passages, had been closed off entirely.

Eventually, they reached the end of a passage that seemed to be walled off with wood.  Nathan indicated for them to be silent and extinguished the torch.  They waited there for some time; quite some time, actually.  Long enough for Ben and Aerion to wonder what they were waiting for?  Then the heard a  heavy door opening, footsteps on stone, the clinking of glass, muttering, more clinking of glass, more footsteps and a slamming door.

Only then, with the two Knight's help, did they move the large rack and enter the wine cellar.  Nathan had waited, knowing that the Steward would be sent to secure more wine for the merchant's guests.  Had they entered when they first arrived, they surely would have been caught.

ROLLS:

TBD
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down