Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed) Empty [D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue May 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Seneschal Hubert had retired early but sleep had eluded him. By rights he should be in a deep dark cell right now, but the documents that had incriminated him were gone. Who had taken those documents and why? His thoughts would soon prove to be prophetic.

As he lay in his bed staring up at the canopy, suddenly the curtains at the foot of the bed were flung wide. A figure stood there garbed, hooded, and masked entirely in black. Blacker even than the darkness of the room. It was if the Stranger himself has rose to greet him.

"
Good Evening Seneschal. I hope I am not disturbing you. Are you comfortable. I hope you are. Some effort was made to ensure you stayed comfortable."
The voice was soft, rich and deep.

[url=Persuaion (Intimidate)][/url]: 4d6+2 [url=BoA][/url] 20

[url=Dark Stranger Disguise][/url]: 6d6+2 20
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed) Empty Re: [D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed)

Post by Reader Tue May 12, 2015 8:33 pm

The reedy seneschal Hubert pulled the blankets tight, as if that could help him against the dark figure that had emerged from his nightmares.

"
Who goes there? One shout from me and the guards will descend on you."

His starts bravely, but his voice betrays him before the sentence is out.

[[url=Awareness (Spot)][/url]: 3d6 9

Simple intrigue, intimidate succeeds]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed) Empty Re: [D4, Mid Evening] Visit from a Stranger (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue May 12, 2015 9:06 pm

The figure puts his hands on the foot of the bed and leans forward.

"
Now, is that any way to treat a friend? One that has arranged to keep that clever head attached to the rest of you?

Your betrayal of Lord Tully was distasteful, but you are a competent man and and we bear you no ill-will... at the moment.

However, actions have consequences."

With a quick motion a torn piece of paper flutters onto the bed before the Senechal. It is a fragment of one of the missing documents in the Seneschal's own hand. On the back is a list.

"
You have been allowed to continue to enjoy your comfortable position with your comfortable life and your comfortable bed, but there are those who do not have the comforts that you currently enjoy. You will donate some of your stolen wealth to those who are less fortunate that you, or you can be assured you will be far less fortunate than them in quick order. Unlike you, we are not greedy, so you will note that amounts are a small fraction of what you have taken over the years. You may consider this a penance, or if you have no remorse, a cost of doing business.

It is my fervent hope, Seneschal Hubert, that we shall not meet again, however if we do, I suggest you call the guards as quickly as possible, for all the good they will do you."

With a quick motion, the dark figure throws the bed curtains closed again.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Too intimidated to call for help, it was a full hour before Hubert mustered the courage to move from his bed.

When he did, it was not to the corridor, to call the guard, but to his writing desk.

First to call in various letters of credit. Next to a loose stone that covered a key.

Then to a long forgotten door in the vaults of the Water Tower.

Finally, his steps driven by an unhappy combination of fear and penitence, to the Sept with his "
donation"
, lest the figure call again.

He never looked behind himself throughout. If the dark figure followed, he'd sooner not know...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down