Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread!

2 posters

Go down

Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread! Empty Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread!

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi everyone!

As I observed [url=here][/url], the Bartheld Party Thread seems to have taken off nicely, with everyone getting into the spirit of things. Thanks!

Unfortunately, as I noted in the same post, there's lots of socializing to be done and little time left to do it in. One problem I'm having is that Jon's currently in a conversation with Ser Kevan, but it's taking some time to progress, which has prevented Jon from running off to interact with other PCs and NCs I want him to meet. I imagine others among you may be running into the same problem.

To solve this, I would like to suggest that the Bartheld Party thread become a temporal free fire zone! I.e. if you're in one conversation, but also want to interact with someone else, just go ahead and start another, parallell conversation. If you're worried about continuity, think of them as snapshots from your evening at the ball - they aren't all happening at the same time, but there will have been time to manage them all.

The easiest method for managing this without going loopy is probably to follow Reader's advice:
Reader wrote:For a big thread like this, feel free to break in to side threads too if you're finding a conversation hard to manage.
In order for us to be able to track which threads are really part of the party thread, I would suggest that "
BP"
be included in the thread title for all such side threads. If you don't mind being a bit boring, it would be even better to have all titles be in the style of "
BP Conversation Athelstan and Ben"
, for instance.

Naturally, if you have something sneaky planned, or want to start a fight, or...anything really, you can use the same method instead of waiting for the opportune moment in the main thread.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread! Empty Re: Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread!

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Good thinking, Batman!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread! Empty Re: Handling conversations in the Bartheld Party Thread!

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks, Batgirl! Razz

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down