Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook

2 posters

Go down

[BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook Empty [BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri May 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:As he nears the mummers he notices a rather short slim figure dressed as a white raven. No harm in asking. He taps the figure on the shoulder. "
Pardon, but is that you Master Daveth?"
Daveth turns around, taking a second to place where he recognises the voice from. "
Ser Benedict! Yes, it is me. So much for my disguise. How are you?"
Extending a hand to shake.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook Empty Re: [BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri May 29, 2015 6:37 pm

"
Well and yourself? Ser Jorah tells me you have attempted to best that damned library again. Any luck?"
He shakes hands congenially. His voice sounding pleased to have run into Daveth.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook Empty Re: [BP]Ser Benedict and Daveth Coldbrook

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri May 29, 2015 7:01 pm

"
I'm great, actually. And yes, I finally managed to find the work I was after. Now I'm back in there helping Ser Jorah find something he wants."
with a chuckle.

"
Actually,"
and he turns to the eagle beside him. "
Sorry, give me just a minute."
and he turns back to Ser Benedict and tries to gently usher him off a few steps before continuing in a quieter tone.

"
Firstly, I wanted to offer my congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Secondly, you've got some very big shoes to fill. I wanted to say that if there's a way I can help, either as a representative of House Coldbrook, or simply as 'Daveth', feel free to ask."
a somewhat crooked smile "
I mean, I don't exactly have a great deal of experience leading an old and prestigious house to share, but, well, the offer's there."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri May 29, 2015 9:44 pm

He smiles cheerfully always grateful to be reminded of his lovely bride. He nods along to Daveth's points and offer.

"
Well firstly thank you. Even with the large shoes that come with Corrine I do believe she is worth it. Secondly as am not actually wearing said shoes at this point, I don't know what problems I face."
He gives Daveth his own crooked smile. "
Believe me you, like a told you in the library you are the type of man I would come to if ever I was running a house. Especially one as old and prestigious."

His smile fades as his thoughts drift to Isobel.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri May 29, 2015 10:14 pm

"
From everything I've heard, you are indeed a very lucky man."
so far, at least. Daveth replies with a smile.

"
Well, I just wanted to say that bit in private. Let's get back to-"
he stops talking just as he was turning back the way he came, arresting his motion at the same time. He then turns again back to Ser Benedict, finger raised.

"
I just realised something. Umm. That probably doesn't say anything good about me. I'm probably getting ahead of myself. Or maybe behind. It's hard to be sure. Well, I'm sure that I'm babbling, which I should probably stop. So, yes, there's a matter I feel like I should probably discuss with you and your betrothed before the end of the tourney."
a hesitation "
Wait, no. I should definitely discuss it with you both."
pause "
Probably. Hopefully."

A rather embarrassed pause. "
Are you *sure* you'd want to come to me if you were running a house? I don't think I'm doing a very good job of selling my intellect, here."

(OOC: I've actually OOC booked to meet with Lady Corrine and hopefully you Late Afternoon Day 7, if you haven't been informed yet. This is the IC justification.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Ben just laughs and puts his hand reassuringly on Daveths shoulder. "
That fact that you have so much going on up there."
With his free hand he points to Daveth's head. "
that you have a hard time making it come out here"
The hand moves to his mouth. "
Just proves you are full of insight. Perhaps I will get you to write anything I may need urgently though."

"
It would be a pleasure to discuss this something you are trying to speak about. How would tomorrow after the next round of jousts have finished."

He stands pondering for a moment. "
Should I ask or fetch quill and parchment?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri May 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Daveth chuckles and shakes his head. "
Tomorrow afternoon sounds fine, thank you. Now, I should probably get back to Dyana, before someone-"
he turns back the way he came, and stops, casting his gaze left and right. "
...Where'd she go?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri May 29, 2015 11:29 pm

DyanaHe nods approvingly at the odd couple. "
I am sorry to have distracted you from your date."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri May 29, 2015 11:52 pm

Daveth waves dismissively. "
Entirely my fault. Miracles have a habit of disappearing the moment you take your eyes off them. I should have known better."
he turns his head back to Ser Benedict. "
Still, I'd prefer to try and find her before she gets too far away."

He extends a hand to shake. "
Pleasure seeing you again, and I'll see you again tomorrow."

(And I think that's /thread from me, with [url=this one][/url] following shortly afterwards.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 30, 2015 1:57 am

"
Indeed. Good luck finding your miracle."
He takes Daveth's hand firmly.

[/scene]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down