Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical discussion

+26
Ser Raynald Dulver
Luecian LongBow
Septon Arlyn
Ser Walton Dulver
Derrock Swann
Riackard
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Dyana Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Athelstan
Lady Corrine Marsten
Leifnarr Longshore
Garret Snow
Yoren longshore
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Nathaniel Mason
Jon Cobb
Dunstan Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Test
Reader
30 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Mechanical discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Mechanical discussion

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:18 am

So... In the shield of reputation it states you test status reputation against an opponent's base will...
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:27 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:So... In the shield of reputation it states you test status reputation against an opponent's base will...
I believe that is supposed to mean "
passive Will"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:26 am

So House Bartheld has Fendral Bartheld listed as the heir which used 20 influence. If Davain were to have a son and make him heir, would it cost us another 20 influence or will it just use the 20 point already allocated to having an heir?
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:40 am

I would imagine he would replace Fendrel as heir with no influence cost

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:29 am

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:I would imagine he would replace Fendrel as heir with no influence cost

Indeed, this. A reallocation. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Since Davain has a brother, he may want to put Edmund as Heir anyhow. Especially if he is such a fan of Andal inheritance rules.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Edmund his cousin and I'm assuming Fendrel's son so that puts him second behind Fendrel.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:18 pm

If Davain doesn't have any siblings, then that probably would be true, Fendrel would succeed him as oldest uncle, passing on the inheritance to his children. Fendrel would then automatically be pushed behind in the line for every child Davain fathers.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Producing heirs with the Attractive (note the capital) Lady Ayleth Bartheld is wise and should be no hardship. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:43 pm

And not producing any may lead to rumors about Davain having queer tastes or the lady being barren. :mrgreen:
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:33 pm

unless said child might have the look of a certain knight? :;
):

I know cohorts gain experience at half the rate of PCs, but can they gain DPs or extra qualities at all?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:38 pm

I am guessing you could define a personal goal for your cohort instead of your main PC to gain a benefit?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:unless said child might have the look of a certain knight? :;
):

I know cohorts gain experience at half the rate of PCs, but can they gain DPs or extra qualities at all?

No extra DP for cohorts unless they buy them with xp. Might think of letting pcs invest for them.

Sorry all, cohort powerful enough already.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:27 am

I have question about reach in combat: there were situations that Walton was using greatsword and acting after his opponent. If opponent is using longsword and in first turn approaches to attack, shouldn't Walton, who has bigger weapon's reach, make Free Attack? The one which is 'passive Fighting vs CD'? Especially when someone is using Charge action?
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:33 am

We don't use the rules for reach. Or at least, we haven't used them thus far.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:31 am

Great sword doesn't have reach in the basic rules (it's an advanced option to to down to the very granular level where great swords have quasi reach). We're just using the basic reach options I'm afraid.

Thanks for help Yoren Smile .
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:57 am

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=2541&
start=10#p73957

Davain Bartheld wrote:(OOC: What is the tie breaker for this. I can spend my destiny point to tie Yoren overall, but he will still have more degrees of success.)
In combat initiative, whoever has the highest rank in the opposed roll goes first. If they are the same, then the highest in the specialty rolled(Quickness for Agility).

For this, I would call the tie for whoever's sum ranks in the mandatory abilities(Cunning, Knowledge and Status) are higher. I would call it for Davain in that case.

Or perhaps prioritize the abilities as one would prioritize rank in Agility over the rank in the specialty Quickness in combat initiative. So if two people whose totals are tied have the same Cunning, then they'd compare Knowledge, and if they have the same rank in Knowledge, then they'd compare Status.

Purely suggestions.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:30 pm

If there's no tie-breaking mechanism declared then it's reroll as per precedence.

Though Reader is also known to give prizes for everyone tied for the lead.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:If there's no tie-breaking mechanism declared then it's reroll as per precedence.

Though Reader is also known to give prizes for everyone tied for the lead.

Thanks Theo!

In this case it's the latter. Prizes for all in a tie here - I'm a generous soul. Good karma isn't stopping equity markets from tanking. Rolling Eyes

May establish a basic rule in house rules on the breaking during this offseason, to save myself from forgetting/having to type things out.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:41 pm

I've read some discussion on possible house rules to different warfare units in this thread(support, guerrilas etc). I'm a fan of seeing different types and style of units to add variety and different flavors to the game.

1) I was curious did any changes end up being implemented(ie terrain bonuses for guerillas, healing support reducing losses via survivor rolls etc)

2) Was also curious on the value of scouts, the only mechanical value currently would be the possibility of locating a concealed unit correct? With Awareness,Endurance,Stealth they are not a unit which will be dealing much damage or engaging units(which makes perfect sense!). My thought was that perhaps their intelligence gathered of the area and the enemy's position could turn into a bonus of some sort to their commander's warfare initiative roll. Whether that be a static bonus per awareness rank, bonus die per 2 training levels(+1D trained, +2D Elite) or perhaps determined by an awareness roll with a specific TN(TN 12? standard +1 bonus, then another +1 per dos). Many of you have much more comfort with the rules and balance of the game, so please let me know any feedback. Just trying to get some love for some other unit types! :;
):
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:I've read some discussion on possible house rules to different warfare units in this thread(support, guerrilas etc). I'm a fan of seeing different types and style of units to add variety and different flavors to the game.

1) I was curious did any changes end up being implemented(ie terrain bonuses for guerillas, healing support reducing losses via survivor rolls etc)

2) Was also curious on the value of scouts, the only mechanical value currently would be the possibility of locating a concealed unit correct? With Awareness,Endurance,Stealth they are not a unit which will be dealing much damage or engaging units(which makes perfect sense!). My thought was that perhaps their intelligence gathered of the area and the enemy's position could turn into a bonus of some sort to their commander's warfare initiative roll. Whether that be a static bonus per awareness rank, bonus die per 2 training levels(+1D trained, +2D Elite) or perhaps determined by an awareness roll with a specific TN(TN 12? standard +1 bonus, then another +1 per dos). Many of you have much more comfort with the rules and balance of the game, so please let me know any feedback. Just trying to get some love for some other unit types! :;
):

1) No, but I'm very open to implementing this during offseason two if people want to work up suggestions. Feel free to kick off a new thread and present some ideas. Smile
2) I prefer bonus dice to static bonuses to avoid issues with stacking, but again open to ideas here.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:12 pm

what gives Superior quality to Shield? Embarassed
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:34 pm

More difficult to sunder iirc.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:More difficult to sunder iirc.

Yep, thanks! Also a bonus if you're desperate enough to attack with it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:19 pm

[url=http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?p=77667#p77667:2y5zm04s]Subject: [Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration[/url:2y5zm04s]

Yoren longshore wrote:We will also have siege equipment on board, and what is useful in felling stone walls is equally usefull in crushing ships."
This brings up something I've been wondering.

Warships can carry another unit - but can that unit act while on board? If so, that opens up all sorts of possibilities.
Corollary question - can warships carry siege and engineers, or would they need to be on separate ships (in some ways siege count as units in other ways they do not, so it is not clear).
Secondary corollary - if warships can carry both, can the engineers fire the siege? Or would the warship unit need to be dual-trained as engineers?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next