Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open)

5 posters

Go down

[D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open) Empty [D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Words were exchanged between Ser Derrock Swann and Ser Kevan Lyras, with Ser Derrock himself restoring his vanquished foe to his mount and guiding Ser Kevan to select the crown of wild river flowers that would be used to proclaim the queen of love and beauty.

"
Mine eyes are dimmed with age! Let a younger man chose our queen of love and beauty."

This chivalrous gesture only made the crowd cheer more loudly for the Aurochs of House Swann - all agreed that this was a true knight.

Ser Kevan, once again on his horse, waited until the cheers died down and his short speech could be heard by all spectators:

"
I would like to thank Ser Derrock for this opportunity, I hope that I, just like him, will be known for my knightly manners and martial prowress, when I reach his blessed age. We had a couple of spectacular days here in Riverrun and I would like to thank our Host Lord Tully, as well as the Royal attendance for this wonderful event."
, despite the exhaustion from the joust, he tried to avoid any pitfalls in the address of host and royals, making sure that his would account for queen and princess alike, as he knew full well that his choice would bring difficulties enough, even without a botched speech.

"
There are many beautiful ladies in attendance, worthy of being chosen as queen of love and beauty, so rest assured that my decision was not easy” Unconsciously, he touched the handkerchief on his chest. “My choice for queen is truly worthy that title, a ravishing beauty indeed. She also shows us that life is not always a straight path and there are ups as well as downs. With my decision I want to show her that her hope for the good is not unwarranted and trust that she shows us her beautiful smile. – Ladies and Sers, I present you: Sofia Blackwood queen of beauty and love”

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open) Empty Re: [D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open)

Post by Reader Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:50 pm

A gasp goes up from the nobles' seats, audible despite the largely uncomprehending applause of the smallfolk - some have heard the rumours, but few among them grasp the political ramifications.

Gossips immediately get to work in the noble's covered stands.

"
Ravishing, but ravaged goods, or so I hear."

"
Just rumours about Lady Sofia, but I believe what's said of that poor tavern girl."

"
Not me. Wouldn't be the first peasant girl to defame a brave knight after her father finds out."

"
A Marsten man and a Blackwood? They'd make a queer couple. The Marstens are almost as holy as the Hightowers."

"
Ser Kevan is full of surprises, not just with a lance."

"
Perhaps he is an ambitious man and sees the chance for a better marriage than he could otherwise hope for?"

"
By the Seven, you are a tiresome old cynic Kriegar."

In amongst it all, Lady Sofia beams with joy. Despite all that had happened, the hopes raised then dashed, here was her knight. Not only a true knight, but a knight who had displayed the skill to keep her from harm.

Her eyes were deaf to the rumour mongers all around her, her eyes blind to the consternation. All her attention, all her heart, was with Ser Kevan at that moment.

[OOC: very romantic and in-charactert, bravo.With lots of entertaining consequences and a chance to mitigate the damage.

-2 influence to House Marsten, this is a mild scandal.
- As with the Longshore kinslaying, this can be reduced (to -1 in this case) with a persuasion (any roll) representing House Marsten members smoothing things over. It must be made in this timeslot - immediate damage control in the stands.
- TN to reduce scandal is 12, Kevan's fine speech gives an automatic +1. Ser Kevan may make a persuasion roll at TN 9 to add a further +1 (to allow both stats and roleplay to matter) - normally, non-combat assists are automatic, but this is a difficult challenge.
- Any additional DoS on the persuade roll lower the number of NPCs angered by one.

- Every Bracken present (Ser Wyll, Lady Kerry and Lord Haig) reduces their disposition towards House Marsten by one step, please note this in your House Forum (House Resource thread).
- Lord Kriegar's disposition towards Ser Kevan is lowered by one step.
- Lord Forrest Frey's disposition towards House Marsten is lowered by one step (please note this in your House Resources thread).
- Ser Benjen Frey's disposition towards House Marsten falls by one step and by two steps towards Ser Kevan Lyras.
- Sofia Blackwood's disposition towards Ser Kevan improves by TWO steps - please note this on your sheet.
- Sofia Blackwood earns a point of glory.
- Ser Kevan's glory comes as part of the broader joust update.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open) Empty Re: [D7 EE] The queen of beauty and love (open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:47 pm

[url=Persuasion (Charm)][/url]: 6d6k5+1 25 (3 DoS)

Corrine clasps her hands to her chest and gasps with delight;

"
Oh my goodness! That's ever so romantic!"
she exclaims loudly. "
Ser Kevan is a true knight in every way! What a lovely pair they make!"
she sighs with genuine joy, encouraging others nearby to agree that it was a beautiful and noble gesture, somewhat mitigating the less positive murmurs.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:52 pm

[url=Persuasion (Charm) to smooth things over at Queen of Love and Beauty][/url]: 6d6k4 18

(Annnnd hotness reroll was also a 1, and spending a DP to get that 3 added wouldn't quite net another DOS, so 2 DOS it is)

Another voice joined Corrine's as Gwyneth spoke up, quoting a passage from a book of religious poetry. How ironic that Gwyn the skeptic, who rarely bothered with religion of any kind, was now sanctimoniously quoting scripture! But she looked and sounded sincere;
and it was an appeal to higher powers, to faith that many present shared and that bound them beyond mortal matters like feuds or pride or politics.

"
...and so Man and Woman will be drawn one to another,
As were the Father, and the Mother
Our mortal love but a pale shadow of theirs,
Yet in feeling it, we are proved the heirs
of life. Everlasting.

Let love bring us, by steps, along the path the gods have made for us."

She then rose to her feet and began to applaud, heedless of being alone in doing so.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Corrine grins at Gwyn's eloquent poetry recital, and joins her in standing ovation.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Ser Kevan faces the nobles less than favourable reaction with a neutral expression, however, at Lady Corrine and Lady Gwyneth's rapturous applause, he cannot help but show a broad smile.

Roll
[url=Persuasion assist (QoLaB)][/url]: 4d6-2 18

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:42 am

"
All Hail Sophia Blackwood! Queen of love and Beauty!"
Proclaims the Septon, Thinking of the Duvlers relationship to the Blackwood's.
[url=Persuasion QOLAB][/url]: 5d6 18
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 pm

[OOC: good work on the damage control. Corrine's roll plus various assists = 4 DoS, mollifying Ser Wyll, Lady Kerry and Lord Forrest Frey.

Adjusted disposition Results
-1 Influence to House Marsten

- Only Lord Haig Bracken's disposition towards House Marsten falls by one step. Please note this in your House Forum (House Resource thread).
- Lord Kriegar's disposition towards Ser Kevan is lowered by one step.
- Ser Benjen Frey's disposition towards House Marsten falls by one step and by two steps towards Ser Kevan Lyras.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down