Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFK thread

+32
Jon Templeton
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ayleth Bartheld
Terren Dulver
Davain Bartheld
Luecian LongBow
Samurel Manderly
Ereth Redwain
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver
Derrock Swann
Riackard
Septon Arlyn
Daveth Coldbrook
Dyana Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Lady Corrine Marsten
Athelstan
Nathaniel Mason
Benedict Marsten
Yoren longshore
Gwyneth Drakeson
Garret Snow
Jon Cobb
Loreia
Dunstan Tullison
Reader
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
36 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

AFK thread - Page 31 Empty Re: AFK thread

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:23 am

Pfft, Ben &
I had 3 in story 1. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Dyana Marsten wrote:Almost ready to start posting again.

Yay!

Just in time for Daveth's... wedding... oh... Laughing

There be fun awkwardness ahead!
Yup. Laughing
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:04 pm

That went quite fast with the wedding. I have Aly invited to join a war. I wonder what Daveth thinks about that... Shocked

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:That went quite fast with the wedding. I have Aly invited to join a war. I wonder what Daveth thinks about that... Shocked
The actual wedding's not happening for a long time. Month 15, 127/1, off-hand. There's some stuff we need to get ready first.

It's not like I likely won't be sending her off to war myself. Just make sure you return her in a condition similar to that in which you found her. :;
):
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:48 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:It's not like I likely won't be sending her off to war myself. Just make sure you return her in a condition similar to that in which you found her. :;
):
Single? Razz (please dont hit me)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:
Daveth Coldbrook wrote:It's not like I likely won't be sending her off to war myself. Just make sure you return her in a condition similar to that in which you found her. :;
):
Single? Razz (please dont hit me)

like Daveth hitting you would hurt in the slightest :;
):

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:45 pm

Baelon wrote:Such is life... I think there's plenty for us to keep ourselves occupied with in the interim.
I hope it's neither too painful nor to expensive...

Cheers! Kind words and escaping in to Westeros both help.

Aiming to add the missing two Velaryon events this weekend to give people a little more to get on with.

In lucky position on house repairs of having sufficient funds and easy access to lawyers for wrangling with insurers/adjacent property.

Plus week lightened by some fine posts from my players and light-hearted Daveth abuse in this thread. :;
):
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Out for tea and then playing cards tomorrow, will try to deal with bits and pieces where I can. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Sorry to all that I've been a bit slow posting, this sunday is my first day off in god knows how long...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Now staying at grandparents to "
not give a shit about anything that isn't my studies"
, so may be slow going this week.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:20 pm

It's the leisurely off-season. We can all take our time and smell the roses.

Don't sweat it either of you. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:15 pm

As feared, less available today due to roof repair stuff for my tenement. However, significant progress made so getting back on track over the next few days.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Lack of desire/ inspiration and RL are getting on the way of fun stuff. Will try and follow up with some folks whom I owe PM or two
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:06 pm

WOAH I've missed a lot of stuff, these past two weeks have been intense (#MathSucksHard In uni) with that said, I'll be taking the time to catch up all of tomorrow Smile

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Samurel Manderly wrote:WOAH I've missed a lot of stuff, these past two weeks have been intense (#MathSucksHard In uni) with that said, I'll be taking the time to catch up all of tomorrow Smile

Welcome back! Offseason is a bit easier to drop in to and out of due to its personal focus. Smile

Good luck with maths - I'm an economics graduate so I can sympathise. Hang tough.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Pfft, Economics math is easy. Though half my classmates would probably be inclined to disagree, but that's because they haven't had any real math in their lives.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Pfft, Economics math is easy. Though half my classmates would probably be inclined to disagree, but that's because they haven't had any real math in their lives.

Even "
just"
differentiation and basic stats are a big challenge for a lot of people, particularly if they've not been taught well.

Maths, engineering or physics is indeed much tougher - my more mathematically inclined colleagues come from these backgrounds.

Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:05 pm

I don't know how it's like elsewhere, but problem with Norwegian Business Schools is that they take in everyone with good enough average grades to make the cut. However, at the Upper secondary school (High School equivalent), there's three different math tracks R (which is required to enter engineering programs), S (supposedly for most people) and P (the easiest sort). And it is recommended that you have at least S, people come in and think like...hey, it's Business Administration, Marketing...and such, I can make due with a P.

Those people must spend 12h a week for the first semester on that one math course (plus three others), to avoid failing, and not even then they're prepared for microeconomics and statistics for the second semester. But if you have full R math (including during the third year when it's optional), you should have 3/4 of the curriculum down already (or else you maybe shouldn't take R math)

On the other hand, it's rather ridiculous how many A's and B's there are on that course. As far as math goes, economics math is easy. But there's a lot of people that finds all math to be hard. If you are not among those, economics math is easy.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Indeed. Our economics class was generally people hitting c90% or c50%, although there's at least flexibility in Scotland for people to doge maths by taking a joint economics/something else degree. Pure economics honours = more maths. A colleague watches CVs diligently for signs of people employing this ruse. I'm more relaxed - equities isn't exactly rocket science (although as noted above, we do have some genuine rocket scientists too!).

- Back to AFK issues: heading off for the night, getting back on track after a busy week (house repairs and work). GF is in Glasgow for a party on Friday night/Saturday morning, so should get lots of posting done. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Heh, yeah. I'll most likely end my Business School days once the bachelor is done and take an econometrics-heavy finance master at the university (which also demands more than Business Schools). Norwegian policy on higher education is pretty shit, uni's and colleges gets paid per degree they produce, Business Administration courses are cheap to have, and thus too many places have them. End result is that there's maybe 5 or 6 out of 20-ish places where you know that good grades actually means good student, and in other places, a B average might be a good student, but might as well mean that he isn't a crappy one. Fun little quote from some professor at less renowned school claiming that one should only hand out degrees to those making a C-average or better....receiving retort from some professor at more renowned school that maybe, just maybe, since E is supposed to be the minimum level of competence...maybe said school maybe should give E's to those having the minimum level of competence and fail the rest rather than giving them E's and D's.

It's going to a place where a Business Administration degree will give you a job if you've got good grades from somewhere employers knows only gives those to good people, else it's all about knowing the right people or having previous work experience or whatever makes the hiring people not look too closely on your diploma.

Or to repeat my mom's quote. In Bergen they have the same programme as she teaches courses in, though these are the students not making the cut to get admission at Trondheim, and they have the professors that did not get a job at Trondheim, and yet, in Bergen they hand out more A's. Curious, yeah?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Samurel Manderly wrote:WOAH I've missed a lot of stuff, these past two weeks have been intense (#MathSucksHard In uni) with that said, I'll be taking the time to catch up all of tomorrow Smile

If you could find time to answer my pm, that would be great.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:27 am

Perhaps unsurprising that one of our schemers should be an economics/business student? :;
):

Leadenly predictable, but consistent with research that shows economics undergraduates as the most likely to maximise their own outcomes rather than share evenly in various cooperative games etc.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Research has also shown that ethicists act no more ethically (on average) than anyone else (again, on average). They are just better at justifying/rationalizing their actions. :;
):
Ethics is not my primary area, but I have recently developed an interest in metaethics and applied ethics in the area of technology and science... I look forward to my enhanced justifying/rationalizing capabilities. Laughing
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Reader wrote:Perhaps unsurprising that one of our schemers should be an economics/business student? :;
):

Leadenly predictable, but consistent with research that shows economics undergraduates as the most likely to maximise their own outcomes rather than share evenly in various cooperative games etc.

On the OOC level, I prefer Pareto-optimality. On the IC level, I think (almost) everyone seek to maximize their own outcomes, Theo just have lower moral standards, is all.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Uni picked up last week again, sorry, commitment to do everything Thursday

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down