Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed))

3 posters

Go down

[Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed)) Empty [Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed))

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:50 pm

After the excitement and adrenaline rush of the meele, Dunstan hurried to the Lucas tent to bring good news to Ser Nial. With his hand in bandages, courtesies of Yve who saw every minor injury as a frievious wound, he approached the guard -

"
Is Ser Nial here? Tell him Lord Tullison needs a word. "

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed)) Empty Re: [Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed))

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:18 pm

The heir to house Lucas emerged from his tent to greet Lord Tullison, bearing his own injuries from the agile Garret Snow's blade.

He bows properly in acknowledgement of Dunstan's station, emitting a characteristic grunt, pained by the blow to the head he suffered in the melee.

"
Lord Tullison? An unexpected honour. Either that or I'm seeing things from the blow that bastard dealt me,"
Ser Niall attempted good humour, but lacked the wit to remember House Tullison was technically a bastard house itself...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed)) Empty Re: [Day 8, EE] Live to die another day, Lucas (Closed))

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:42 am

"
The honor is all mine Ser!"
Dunstan smiles, "
At least the person who struck you was a man, I got beaten by a woman!"
he laughs hard, trying to add a joke of his own to the conversation. It would hurt his pride if it was anybody else but Loreaia, a beast and a freak of a woman - everyone knew.

"
I come here with good news Ser, may we sit down and have a chat?"
he asks, looking left and right to see if his famously beautifull sister is there. Or was she pretty? Dunstan couldn't remmember but most certainly wanted to lay eyes on a proper woman, one who won't smack him over the head with a bastard sword but smile and smell of perfume.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:23 am

Maryssa Lucas was not in attendance, but House Lucas's heir offered Lord Tullison a seat.

"
The two of us shall have to restore our reputations in the next melee then! I saw that brutish woman lumbering about the field. By the Seven, the breed them tough in the North!"

"
What can House Lucas aid our fellow Tully bannermen in? My brother Olyver informs me that you are investigating Ser Benjen on behalf of our Lord. My family's lands share a border with Ser Benjen - we know his work all too well. Guard your lands well and your loved ones dearly if you move against that one."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

Dunstan walked in and sat down, his eyes wondering around, searching for some wine.

"
It appears so. A person is a person, woman or man, if one is a good fighter, or a good Queen - there's nothing to dispute there."
Dunstan threw in a little black propaganda, just for the flavour.

"
It is true, Lord Tully passed the burden of investigation regarding Ser Benjen's supposed crimes onto me. I saw what I could, collected stories and testimonies, and even spoke with Lord Frey - we will see what comes out of all that. Justice, I hope."
he said and finally smiled a wide smile

"
But all of that is not why I came, I came bearing good news! Ser Martyn Rivers agreed not to challenge you during the tourney after I had a word with him. Now, later he might, but not during the tourney. I hope I didn't overstep my boundaries there Ser Niall, but my opinion is that we do not need more scandals in here, why with the Kinslayer, Wrecker's death and Ser Benjen and all.."

Dunstan scratched the side of his head

"
If you are willing, I was thinking on how we could avoid Ser Martyn challenging you completely, and not just that but securing both yours and mine own security for all the days to come.."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Ser Niall calls for servants to drink wine, a deep sour red.

"
Politics is not my battlefield Lord Tully, but Olyver has offered similar counsel - best not cause more uproar with a challenge, even if only to first blood. He would commend your wisdom in delaying the conflict."

"
Still my honour has been called in to question, House Lucas cannot backdown. I shall face Ser Martyn with lance and sword, shedding enough bastard blood to satisfy my honour."

"
A delay is fitting, but I have no wish to avoid crossing swords entirely."
The big man pounds the table with his fist to emphasise the point.

"
What security do you speak of Lord Tullison? You have already helped secure House Lucas's borders if you have truly brought the Ferocious Frey to justice."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Dunstan takes a big sweet gulp of sour wine.

Unsubtle as he is, he says plainly, like he is talking about weather rather than a marriage.

"
I am unmarried, you have a sister. How about we join our blood, for the future, for security and friendship?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:35 am

Lord Tullison was fortunate to be speaking to one of the few men as blunt and straightforward as he.

"
Maryssa is still a maid, it is true, although she has passed her twenty first year."

"
Is there not protocol and procedure to such matters, introductions to be made, letters to write?"

"
Again you make me wish that Olyver were here Lord Tullison!"

"
I shall enquire with my Lord father as to the particulars - it is too late in the day to consult him by letter. Should the prospect prove agreeable, I shall see to having my sister introduced to you as the next tourney or ball in the Riverlands you are able to grace with your presence."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:10 pm

"
There.. might be."
Dunstan smiles.

"
Anyway I only wanted to introduce such a possibility, and express my interest."
he says bluntly, "
Our lands are close and we could benefit greatly from such a marriage."

"
It might be ages until the next event Ser, until than some other maid might catch my heart, as they say"
Dunstan nearly rolled his eyes.

"
And other nobles would presumably see her age as a troublesome affair. It's a great shame to have a maid older than one and twenty, my mother always said."

Than Dunstan looked him in the eye and said

"
There are two weddings already, why not add a third? I know it's rash of me to propose this to happen so quickly, but did you see the riots Ser? Did you see how everyone cannot sleep at the prospect of terrible things to come? We need a united Riverlands if we are to survive the war that is more than likely to come, and marriage is the best way"
he says plainly.

OOC: I invite all friends of Dunstan with badass rolling abilities to come and help:)

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:14 pm

OOC: Since it kinda does appear that one can partake in this and the champion's feast at the same time..I suppose Theomore could drop by?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:OOC: Since it kinda does appear that one can partake in this and the champion's feast at the same time..I suppose Theomore could drop by?

[OOC: not intentionally, think the double booking here was accidental. We can move this if necessary, although I'll warn House Tullison now that you lot aren't going to suddenly earn Dunstan a marriage now, sorry.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 pm

"
I suppose it's only the Marstens that have the habit of rushing things, ser."
Theomore remarks, having remained silent up until now. "
Though it's not unusual for groom and bride to be unacquainted."

"
Mayhaps I could accompany you to see Lord Lucas? I think Mountain's Reach can do without me for a bit longer."
And he didn't mind going to that area of the Riverlands to begin with..two birds with one stone, eh?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 pm

"
Aye Ser Theomore, dark days indeed for the realm if even the storied House Marsten cannot be relied upon to respect tradition."

"
A match made through respected intermediaries has a much to recommend it. I can see Lord Tullison's passion, allied to Ser Theomore's exploits in the tourney we would be delighted to receive you. I shall write my Lord father, and inform him we have a potential guest when I see him in person."

He offers Ser Theomore and Lord Tullison an iron-handshake in farewell, assuming their business is drawing to a close.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down