Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night Empty [D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:42 pm

After Septon Arlyn returned to the camp he laied in his cot, but the silent screams of blackbuckle let him have no rest. Tossing and turning he was hoping the drink would have helped him chase the dreams away, but it was unsuccessful in that action. Finally after a particularly troubling episode where a rotten child had pulled itself from the ground and began to chase the Septon on spindly appendages, gleaming white teeth biting at the Septon's heels while he scrambled up a never ending slope, Septon Arlyn's woke up in a cold sweat and swore out loud. must be that damn salve that bloody Maester made. It surely is messing with my humours. Septon Arlyn walked over to his Maester's kit and searched through its contents. Pulling out a small pouch of sweet sleep Septon Arlyn began to pull out a few gains to add to some wine to chase the dreams away. Then he stopped. An idea came to him. "
This poison lasts quite a while. Maybe I should go. Investigate the Maester's workshop while no one is looking, hopefully I will be able to find some evidence of this poison in his possession. If not then I know I must search the Bracken's tomorrow.

Dressing quickly and quietly in his dark brown begging brother robes Septon Arlyn took his pouch of sweet sleep and made his way as quietly as he could to raventree hall. As Septon Arlyn made his way there he saw the mossy covered stones and closed gates. Making his way to the gates Septon Arlyn hunches himself over, attempting to appear much older and more feeble then he actually was

"
Good Ser,"
called Septon Arlyn to the guardsmen. "
Could you let a humble man of the Faith into your halls? I have heard of the hospitality of the Blackwood's and would seek to find shelter from this cold night air. It's not good to be caught out in the cold kind Ser,"
pleads Septon Arlyn
[url=Deception act at the Blackwood's gates, day 2 EN][/url]: 3d6 8
[url=Possible bonus die for deception from convince or favored of the small folk][/url]: 1d6 1

(Orokos does not believe in Septon's lieing lol)

[url=Convince to let in the keep at night d2 E N][/url]: 7d6k5+2 23
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night Empty Re: [D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

Post by Reader Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:36 am

[ooc placeholder]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night Empty Re: [D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Trelane was not somebody who liked to turn in early. In fact, things were generally more interesting at night when people thought nobody was watching. Noticing that the guards were talking to a beggar Septon, he quickly realised that it was in fact the fat Septon he had seen around the Dulver camp. He knew Ser jorah liked him and wondered why he was pretending to be something he wasn't. Best to keep an eye on him and see where this goes.

[url=Awareness][/url]: 5d6k4 20

Straightening his tunic, he walked over to the guards.

"
Excellent, the wandering Septon Ser Jorah was waiting for has arrived. I can take him to him if you would like kind sirs."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Finding an unexpected yet sorely needed source of help, Septon Arlyn gratefully picks up the ruse, sensing that his earlier tract was not making inroads with the night watch. "
Aye Ser Jorah was sett'n to meet me,"
Septon Arlyn drawls. "
The great knight from the tournament of river run, that one, he be seek'n a simple man o' the Faith for I vigil over some evidence he be find'n in the 'ords justice, me be believe'n."
Septon Arlyn attempts to sell it well. "
He be an honest and pious man that one. A true knight o the seven who be one"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:05 pm

"
Yes, I believe he wished to discuss matters regarding the Septry at Battle Valley with you as part of the House Coldbrook investigations."
He emphasised the investigation as he was sure they did not wish to be seen to be impeding.

[url=Con the guards][/url]: 4d6k4+1 14
or just status 4 saying do as I say in this matter

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:59 pm

The guards seem already on edge from the Septon's less than subtle performance - Terlane's words would otherwise likely have proved sufficient.

They seemed more willing to submit to his family blood and status as part of the royal investigation, but begged the strange pair before them to return at a more civilised hour tomorrow. Little good would come of irking people by rousing them from their sleep or blundering about in the dark.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:37 am

Trelane, having arrived from inside Raventree Hall, hid a slight smirk from the guards and their irritation with the Septon.

"
Ser Jorah is still awake, I'm sure he would be happy to meet with him."
he told the guards

ooc
I think the Septon won't be investigating, but Ser Jorah would be happy to talk about some things, so it won't be a total loss for him.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives in Ser Jorahs quarters. Ser Jorah easily recognizes the Septon by his prodigious bulk. "
Ser Jorah, I see you have acquired a new squire. He rescued me from quiet a situation I had gotten myself into out there."
Septon Arlyn gives a kindly smile at the young boy. "
Your assistance is much appreciated"
he tells the young boy. "
Now I don't think I have had the moment to catch your name. I'm Septon Arlyn, Ser Jorah and I met at the tournament of riverrun where Ser Jorah stood as the champion of the seven against the blackguard Benjen Frey"
Septon Arlyn seemed quite pleased to explain his connection to the boy, although he doubtless the squire knew who he was due to his rescue at the front gate.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Ser Jorah is slightly surprised to see the Septon, but pleasantly surprised. He stood up and offered the septon a chair.

"
It is always good to see you Arlyn, though I was not expecting you. What brings you here tonight? he gave Trelane a quizzical look, who smiled nonchalently

"
Indeed, I would like to introduce you to Squire Trelane of House Connington, my squire of just over a day now."
Trelane bowed to the Septon.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Septon Arlyn nodded his head in aknowlegement of squire Trelenes bow. "
I was having difficulty sleeping after seeing the horrors at the village of blackbuckle. I was hoping to get into the Maesters quarters here to see if I could identify the items used in the poisoning. If I could not find anything I was hoping that is would assuage my fears about blackwood being involved in the atrocity of the village..."
Septon Arlyn shook his head sadly.

"
I do not know why that that village would have been targeted for. I do not understand what the military value of that village would be though. I'm just hoping to find the guilty parties so I can question them about who ordered them to do this, or if they committed this act on their own"
Septon Arlyn's voice developed a hard edge of determination when speaking of the possibility of questioning the guilty party.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Ser Jorah remembered what he had seen there and what they had learned. "
What happened there was an atrocity. Our investigations are looking into it at the moment."

"
Have you been back to the Sept at all?

ooc
Jorah would like to convince you to help the rebuilding efforts there if you want an intrigue

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:33 pm

[OOC Sounds good, I would like to know what you learned from warfare at blackbuckle]

Septon Arlyn shook his head. "
Nay I have not. I spent the majority of my day at blackbuckle, Hoping to find out all that I could about the poisoning there."
Septon Arlyn looks at Ser Jorah curiously. "
Has there been any changes there?"

[url=status test longer night][/url]: 3d6 13
ID 9
DR 3
objective (warfare results from blackbuckle)
technique convince
damage per DOS 4
composure 12/12
frustrations 0/4

[url=The longer night round 1 read target][/url]: 3d6 8
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 pm

"
Some."
Jorah replied non commitedly

ooc

[url=Status check][/url]: 3d6k3 5
ID11
DR 3
objective Convince septon to get house dulver to contribute to rebuilding the septry
technique convince
damage per DOS 3
Composure 9/9
Frustration 0/3

[url=read arlyn][/url]: 3d6k3 11

Trelane
ID 10
DR 4
Assisting and mollifying
[url=Status check][/url]: 4d6k4 15
[url=read arlyn (trelane)][/url]: 5d6k4 18

Trelane wins and reads Arlyn's mood and demeanour easily - i.e. I doubt Arlyn has deception 4 after earlier
Your read target does not beat Jorah's passive deception

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:53 pm

round 2
Trelane assists Jorah
[url=Assist Jorah][/url]: 3d6k3+3 14

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:17 pm

[url=Convince roll longer night round 1][/url]: 7d6k5+2 21
Also +1 from dr
Says round 1 but is actually round 2

"
Ser Jorah, I do believe that the kings justice would be better served if we share the information we have gathered "
states Septon Arlyn authoritatively. "
let us be frank, what is it you would like? "

Last edited by 167 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:54 pm

He had forgotten the force of personality the Septon could bring to bear.

"
Were you aware that the monks up at Battle Valley are lacking in shelter? I've arranged for some pavilions for them, but further rebuilding efforts would require far more money than I have."

Ouch, 3 DOS Jorah will take 1 frustration from that
[url=convince septon arlyn][/url]: 4d6k3+1 12
that's 1 DOS that won't even penetrate your DR
offered yield - Jorah will tell you what he knows from warfare, but House Dulver will contribute to the rebuilding of the Septry.

He wants to discuss religion with you afterwards, but that is not connected to the intrigue.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Septon Arlyn supplies smiles at the knights request. "
Ser Jorah, I would love to gantee House Dulver's support in this action, however my recent actions in the tournament of river run have made Lord Dulver more resistant to my requests."
Septon Arlyn takes a moment to think ponder. "
How about this, I will bring the issue up to Lord Dulver during his next counsel meeting, as well as letting lady Dulver know of how the seven would bless our house if we were to contribute to the rebuilding of this Sept. I will also go speak in front of the most devoted in old town and request their quick and timely assistance in this mattermatter. In return I would like to know what you learned at the village of blackbuckle, as well why the Septry was attacked in the first place, and by whom. Does that please you Ser?"

counter offer: Septon Arlyn will request that House Dulver provide support for rebuilding the Sept, but he can not guarantee it as the political climate has changed. He will also go to old town and request that the most devoted help restore the Sept. Also Arlyn's disposition will increase to friendly as he sees Ser Jorah be a knight true. In return he would like to know why blackbuckle and the Septry were Targeted in the first place (warfare investigation results)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Trelane sniffed

"
A septry is not without its own means surely."

[url=Mollify Jorah][/url]: 3d6k3+4 11 - bah - orokos hates me today

“I’m afraid I can’t do that as what I know is not mine alone. No offense Septon, but all you are offering are promises that I am afraid you can’t guarantee can be delivered. However, this might not need to cost House Dulver any Gold Dragons. I know that House Dulver employ engineers and one of the finest stonesmiths in the Seven Kingdoms. I’m sure if others provided funds and materials that they could rebuild the Septry."

ooc
Counter Yield declined - too little definite offered I'm afraid
Yield
Will provide warfare information on the septry attack if Septon Arlyn comes back with something concrete such as the stonesmith or engineers employed by House Dulver.
Septon Arlyn and Jorah dispositions rise to friendly

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Septon Arlyn considers his words. "
Aye to little offered in garuntee, however what if I speak to the other deligates of House Dulver to see if we can come to a consensus of what the House can spare for the rebuilding efforts."
Septon Arlyn asks. "
If I could get our stone mason and engineering corps to help, as well as bringing a wealth to help with the rebuilding efforts. Would you be able to share what happened to blackbuckle and the Septry if I can get it on paper, would you be willing to share that information. If I can't get the other people to agree then we will not share information but I will still speak the the most devoted and attempt to convince Lord Dulver and his lady wife of the righteousness of this cause to rebuild the Sept."

counter offer, same as above, but only share information with assurances of aid after I speak with the other Dulver's. (Probably will be another intrigue for me later). Settlin would also offer you the healing information he got for the village of black buckle .If we continue then I would be switching techniques to bargin with only 3 damage per dos
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:23 pm

"
I can tell you what I can about the Septry, but I have orders regarding Blackbuckle. If you want to know everything I personally figured out about Blackbuckle, then you will need to speak to Daveth."

Trelane nodded and mouthed 'fraid so.'

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Septon Arlyn cocked an eyebrow quizzically. Daveth ordered him to be silent about blackbuckle. That is curious thing indeed. I will have to talk to the young Lord myself about this then, and possibly request Ser Garred to investigate this thing himself so that we can find the truth of this matter.

"
Aye, then I will speak to Daveth later about blackbuckle. But let me still speak to the others in House Dulver of the assistance that house Dulver can offer. I'm of the opinion that we should be able to offer some form of assistance to members of the Faith. So let us speak of a different topic, I get the sensation that you have some other questions."

Septon Arlyn accepts your counter proposal on the condition that he speaks to the other Dulver's first

Last edited by 167 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:15 pm

"
Thank you Septon, it would be most appreciated."

Septon Arlyn wrote:So let us speak of a different topic, I get the sensation that you have some other questions."

"
Indeed, the incidents at Blackbuckle and the Septry have prompted some soul searching and a desire to understand more about faith and what it means and should mean to a person."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Septon Arlyn nodded in understanding. "
Aye, having been there myself I can understand maybe some of the questions you might be having. Such as why would the seven allow such an atrocity to happen at blackbuckle perhaps?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:42 pm

"
And what men may do despite their vows. Does an oath to the Seven mean so little to many?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Septon Arlyn looks distant, as if sent back many years ago by the knights question. "
Nay, it does not mean so little too so many good Ser Jorah, and that is why such flagrant violations of vows are so terrible."
He looks wearly at the knight. "
There was a time, but little more then a year ago that I was traveling to the tournament of river run. Hanging from a tree on the way to the tournament I came across a corpse of some unknown small folk, with the seven pointed star carved into his chest, as a warning to those who did not accept the Faith militants rule. The Faith millitant have caused untold death and destruction, yet they claim to be the sword and hands of the Gods who are One on earth. Yet do the gods condone this violence on the small folk?

Nay,

It is the actions of men that cause them to attack the weak, that is why good knights, those who remain true to their vowes, are so important to our society. For without those who stand against the darkness of man's baser desires, who would protect those who can not protect themselves.

But then you might wonder, why would the gods not intervene to prevent these atrocities. Then we must ask a harder question, how can men be judged if they are not given free will.

At blackbuckle, there is someone who is responsible for such unwarranted death. Even if we do not catch them in this earthly life, the gods will know what they have done and will punish them accordingly to their crimes.

Vowes are yet another measure against these atrocities that the gods have made. For it is far more serious to break a vow then to simply commit a heinous act. For by taking such a vow people acknowledge that they understand proper behavior. And by breaking it they are stating that they do not care what the gods or men have to say about proper conduct.

Does that make any sense to you? "
asks Septon Arlyn, curious to see if his words had any effect on the knight.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next