Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night - Page 2 Empty Re: [D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Septon Arlyn looks distant, as if sent back many years ago by the knights question. "
Nay, it does not mean so little too so many good Ser Jorah, and that is why such flagrant violations of vows are so terrible."
He looks wearly at the knight. "
There was a time, but little more then a year ago that I was traveling to the tournament of river run. Hanging from a tree on the way to the tournament I came across a corpse of some unknown small folk, with the seven pointed star carved into his chest, as a warning to those who did not accept the Faith militants rule. The Faith millitant have caused untold death and destruction, yet they claim to be the sword and hands of the Gods who are One on earth. Yet do the gods condone this violence on the small folk?

Ser jorah practically spat the words out when the Faith Militant were mentioned.
“They represent the extremism of faith, so misguided that they hold to one aspect of the Seven so fervently, to the detriment of the others making them act against the teachings of the Seven."

Nay,

It is the actions of men that cause them to attack the weak, that is why good knights, those who remain true to their vowes, are so important to our society. For without those who stand against the darkness of man's baser desires, who would protect those who can not protect themselves.

But then you might wonder, why would the gods not intervene to prevent these atrocities. Then we must ask a harder question, how can men be judged if they are not given free will.

At blackbuckle, there is someone who is responsible for such unwarranted death. Even if we do not catch them in this earthly life, the gods will know what they have done and will punish them accordingly to their crimes.

Vowes are yet another measure against these atrocities that the gods have made. For it is far more serious to break a vow then to simply commit a heinous act. For by taking such a vow people acknowledge that they understand proper behavior. And by breaking it they are stating that they do not care what the gods or men have to say about proper conduct.

Does that make any sense to you? "
asks Septon Arlyn, curious to see if his words had any effect on the knight.

"
To err is human, but knowingly breaking your vow is a far worse sin because you know what is the path you should take, but are making a decision that you know better than the Seven. That is hubris of the grandest kind."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night - Page 2 Empty Re: [D2 EN] After a long day, a longer night

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:26 pm

[placeholder, will get back to this later]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at the knights understanding. "
This is why the gods are important. For through them the truth can be learned, and through the truth the way of life that is most pleasing to the gods also is the life that is the least likely to damage other people's own sense of self. Take gambling for example. In and of its self is not a bad thing, however there are those who take it to far, who become addicted to the excitement and thrill of the odds. They can ruin themselves, then they turn on the others around them to pay for their debts, maybe even turn to violence and stealing, harming those around them.

So is gambling wrong?

No, but it is easy to use it in excess, then that may effect those around them.

The same could be said for many of the things the gods frown on. For the seven who are one know what is dangerous for us to play with.

Just as fire can warm us, allow us to cook our food, so can it also destroy our homes and ruin our bodies."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:22 pm

“Everything in excess is dangerous, especially pride and belief in one’s own abilities, but is it only the Seven that know the right of it?
Far too many believe that the Warrior comes first above all and do not listen to what the other six say. Of course, there are times when the Warrior is the one to listen to and that should not be dismissed. The worst are those who pay the lip service to their vows and then do what they want.”

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 pm

"
That is the truth of it Ser Jorah"
, Septon Arlyn offers a friendly smile to the knight. "
I believe the most important thing to learn from the Faith is balance. Just as the seven who are one represent the duality of the Gods, it can also represent the different aspects of man's personality. If you let any one part of yourself rule over the others, then it creates an imbalance of one's self that can lead evil being committed. Justice that is not tempered with Mercy can also be called vengeance. Strength not tempered with wisdom can lead to tyranny. Death not tempered by building can lead to uselessness.

That is the strength of the seven who are one. It teaches how to be a balanced individual. The gods show us how to be balanced. Whether people choose to accept their teachings is not the gods choice, but the individual."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:30 pm

"
So don't rush to judge a situation until you understand. Listen to all of the Seven first."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:46 pm

"
Exactly good Ser."
Septon Arlyn smiles, Pleased that he had helped developed an understanding.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Ser Jorah nodded, contemplating the words, as he noticed Trelane behind the Septon mouthing 'ask him why he's here'

"
Thank you Septon, but may I ask, what did bring you to Raventree Hall at this time of night?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Septon Arlyn looks at Ser Jorah then back at the young squire, leaning forward to a speak in a hushed tone Septon Arlyn tells Jorah, "
During my investigation of Blackbuckle I discovered that there had been a poison used against the people of the village there. Although I am not able to determine the exact type of poison used, I was able to discover that if the hand were dosed in a special type of liquid,"
Septon Arlyn pulls out a small stopped vial of purple liquid.

"
My hope was that I could investigate the Maesters chambers here, using this liquid to determine if I should further question the Maester here, or further investigate the Bracken Maester. I hope to rule out both of the Maesters, but someone had to have poisoned the well. It is my hope that I can find out who."

"
I had hoped to do this investigation under the cover of darkness so that the Maester here would not be able to misdirect the truth. It is my hope that the Maesters innocence will be able to speak for itself."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Ser Jorah inwardly sighed, what happened in Blackbuckle was causing people to act stupidly.

"
Speak to Daveth tomorrow, mayhap we can help each other."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:15 pm

"
Aye, We should be working together to discover the truth here,"
States Septon Arlyn in a friendly matter, offering the knight a friendly smile.

"
This atrocity at blackbuckle needs to be resolved. For too long have the dead of blackbuckle stood as a testament of the sins of man against the seven, it is time to but them to rest and find justice for them, in the eyes of the seven and man."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:40 pm

"
Then let House Coldbrook and House Dulver work together. We'll be at the Iron Mines tomorrow to look into what happened there."
Jorah was hopeful that some of the Houses could start working together and sharing information.

ooc
a bit of irony considering what's happened since

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:12 pm

"
That would be wise. Lord Dulver has decided that the iron mines are an important investigation to complete, so he requested that the investigators from Dulver attend to that investigation."
Laughing Septon Arlyn continues "
maybe listening to all those times Lord Dulver spoke on mines will be helpful in understanding what really happened there."

[OOC yeah, quite a funny situation OOC lol.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm

/scene?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm

/scene
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2