Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed) Empty [D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Expecting trouble, Baelon is arrayed in his black dragon-scale enameled plate, his nameless but now well seasoned sword strapped to his side - the blade and pearl pommel from his melee victory mounted on a much more combat-worthy hilt and crossguard, styled in the form of a dragon's spread wings.

He arrives at a small farm, which shows clear signs of having been pillaged. A body that likely belonged to the farmer lies on the ground, a crushed pulpy mess where it's head used to be. Nearby, a woman - likely the farmer's wife - is mostly naked and all dead. Her neck is a mass of bruises and her head is twisted around at an unnatural angle.

Dismounting, he straps his shield on his arm and draws his sword. From the scene before him, it seemed unlikely that Ser Jon would come peacefully.

"
Ser Jon Rivers!"
he bellows, loud enough to echo off a nearby hillside.
"
In the name of the King, you are hereby ordered to present yourself for judgement on the charge of disrupting the King's peace!"

As Ser Jon emerges from the farmhouse, orange flames flicker from within. Moments later the flames ignite the dry thatch of the roof, and the building becomes a roaring inferno.

Between the heat of the day and the rush of superheated air from the burning building, even more sweat than usual soaking the padded jerkin he wore under his armor. A bath would be very much in order before his visit to the Sept later. To catch a fly, you bait your trap with honey, not with vinegar. Or with sweat for that matter.

Combat
Initiative: [url=Initiative vs. Ser Jon Rivers][/url]: 3d6-3 4
Combat Defense: 11 (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield) [will spend fatigue to ignore AP if attacked in the first round]
AR 10, Bulk 4
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0

(OOC: well, I'm not likely to be going first...)

EDIT: revised to include the fire and additional description - inspiration struck (and perspiration, but luckily only IC).
I can't help but see the Owen farmstead from A New Hope...
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed) Empty Re: [D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:45 pm

"
Fucker! Let's see how that dragon likes fire!"
Jon shouts intimidatingly as he exits the house.
Ser Jon Rivers
Agility 2, Athletics 4 (Strength 2B), Fighting 4 (Bludgeons 2B), Endurance 4
Equipment: Splint armour, Shield, Ball &
chain
Expertise (bludgeons)
Battlefield quality: Raging fire to "
maneuver"
each other in to.
Tactics: Knockdown and attack! Second round attempts to shatter his opponent's shield unless his opponent is on the ground or he achieved 2 DoS or more in round 1.

[url=initiative][/url]: 2d6-3 6
def: 6
AR 7
Health: 12/12
F/I: 1/0
Lesser action: move
Lesser action: [url=Knockdown][/url]: 6d6k4+2 19 (take one fatigue)
Lesser action: [url=Attacking Baelon (with a plus one dice from knockdown)][/url]: 7d6k6 24 6dmg each Dos+one shattering.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed) Empty Re: [D3:EA] Peacekeepers: Ser Jon Rivers (closed)

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:00 pm

[ooc: so close! 2 DoS as roll drops to 23 due to fatigue = 12 damage before AR]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Baelon falls hard and takes the hard hit on his shield, which in turn drives the shield hard into his torso.
I'm going to have to get my shield repainted after this...

His arm feeling weak from the blow, he swings his shield against Ser Jon's legs in a move that would have not affected most men, but sent the top-heavy Ser John crashing to the ground.
As the muscular man falls, Baelon summons fort all his might to make a massive swing against the chain of his enemies' weapon. He ends lying on the ground, but the heavy ball of Ser Jon's weapon goes flying off into the distance.

A rage overcomes Baelon, and he lashes out with his foot, kicking the big man back towards the burning farmhouse.
"
Fire? Dragon's fight with fire. You may have set this one, but I will make it mine and it will burn you to nothing!"

[OOC: Well then. I had thought you rolled too many dice, but had forgotten about his expertise benefit - if you see a roll correction on Orokos, ignore it. He does take a fatigue penalty though which makes a significant difference in this case, thanks to my contingent fatigue.

23 vs 14 CD, 2 DoS, 12 - 10 AR = 2 Damage

Combat
Initiative: 4 (Jon, Baelon)
Combat Defense: 5 (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield [-1 shattering] -5 Reckless Attack)
AR 10, Bulk 4
Health: 7/9
F/I/W: 3/0/0

Lesser Action: [url=Knockdown Ser Jon][/url]: 4d6-1 11
Take fatigue for extra action
Greater Action: [url=Reckless Attack vs. Ser Jon's B&
C][/url]: 10d6k8+1-2 32 vs TN 12, 4 DoS, 20 Damage. Ball &
Chain destroyed.
Take fatigue for extra action
[url=Maneuver][/url]: 5d6 16 + [url=Maneuver knockdown die &
fatigue][/url]: 1d6-3 0 = Success, 1 DoS, Ser Jon is moved 1 yard towards the fire (presumably now 1 yard away from it)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:04 pm

In shock and awe Jon Rivers sees his trusted ball and chain get destroyed. He simply drops the rests of the ball as he moves back into melee, where he tries to reverse positions, grappling Baelon to the ground.
initiative: 2d6-3 6
AR 7
Lesser action: move
[url=Grapple, minus one dice from previous manouver.][/url]: 6d6k5-1 15 (0 damage, but Baelon is grappled.)

OOC: He cannot harm Baelon, so he will essentially try to slowly drag Baelon into the fire.

Last edited by 145 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:14 pm

[OOC: Oops, accidentally edited this post instead of posting a new one. How'd I do that? This post originally said:
"
He'd have to stand up first"
]

Last edited by 111 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 pm

(Where does it say that? He simply moves a yard, but if the rules say so simply regard him as taking two fatigue ([url=Contingency stand up][/url]: 2d6-2 5))

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:33 pm

[right tactics Yoren, grapple hits but also needs to beat passive athletics. Baelon is just strong enough to avoid being grabbed, throwing his opponent off!

Not just the right tactics, but high drama!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 pm

[OOC: Hmm. It doesn't actually say that anywhere, but if we take that too strictly it would mean that someone could sprint full speed on their knees.... One yard might be acceptable, but we are firmly into houserule territory here so I'd say that we would need Reader's judgement on this one.

Also, he would have to make an athletics(strength) vs my passive athletics (16) for the grab to stick.
Don't forget too that the -1D for Maneuver and fatigue penalties apply to all tests, not just fighting - so standing as a lesser would be impossible (he's down to keeping 1 die, with penalties).

Finally, a gauntlet is a brawling weapon, so he has no bonus dice on the attack.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:37 pm

He has a minus one dice from manouver, that gives him a bonus dice.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:24 pm

[OOC: oh, right... but his expertise is only for bludgeons - it's not just that there's one too many rolled dice, there's one too many kept as well. It should be:
4d6 +1D (knockdown) -1D (maneuver) - X fatigue, ->
5d6k4-X
Just need a ruling from Reader if he could move a yard without standing, then we can figure out the correct value of X]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:36 pm

[he can move without standing and Baelon's right on the grab attack dice. In my mind's eye, the roll remains a 15 for extra drama - a narrow escape!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:48 pm

[OOC: Ok, so no additional fatigue needed, so the value of X in my previous post is only 1. Even if we dropped the highest die from the attack roll it's still a 2 DoS hit (11 vs 5), no damage but he needs to roll the athletics test to grab: 6d6k3-1 vs. TN 16]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:57 pm

[no athletics roll for grab, it part of the "
15"
fighting roll. Grab hits but no damage and shaken off by your athletics. Your action i think?]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:59 pm

[OOC:Right, my bad, misread Grab.]

Round 2

Baelon manages to break out of the big man's attempts to grab him and shoves him back again, this time all the way back into the fire. He attempts to stand, but his early exertions prevent him from getting his balance and he collapses back to his knees.

Initiative: 4 (Jon, Baelon)
Combat Defense: 10 (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield [-1 shattering])
AR 10, Bulk 4
Health: 7/9
F/I/W: 3/0/0

Lesser Action: [url=R2 Maneuver][/url]: 6d6-3 21 2DoS, Ser Jon is pushed back 2 yards into the fire! What does that do now?
Lesser Action: [url=Agility(Acrobatics)][/url]: 4d6k3-6 6

OOC: You know, attacking him would be so much more effective - but rule of cool. :8-):
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Jon sees the danger and barely manages to jump out of the way, before he tries to pull Baelon into the same fires.
initiative: 2d6-3 6
AR 7
[url=awareness to avoid fire][/url]: 2d6 9
Action: move to baelon
[url=manouver Baelon into the fire.][/url]: 5d6k4-1 18

Last edited by 145 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:17 pm

[OOC: with the -1D from maneuver and the -1 from fatigue, wouldn't his awareness test only be a 5?
Also, Baelon's passive fighting is a 20, so that maneuver would fail]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:27 pm

sorry if unclear: that's where he tries to move Baelon, The post has been updated now.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Baelon wrote:[OOC: with the -1D from maneuver and the -1 from fatigue, wouldn't his awareness test only be a 5?
Also, Baelon's passive fighting is a 20, so that maneuver would fail]

Ser Jon is forced back in to the fire, his tunic catching light.

It is a grim thing, to see a man burn, but perhaps Ser Jon's sins had finally caught up with him, damning him to the seven hells?

Perhaps it was righteous fire burning away at the hedge knights soul? Perhaps the flames were hungrier than normal in the presence of a Targaryen? Whatever the answer, the fiend burned and screamed in anger and pain, a bestial sound.

[OOC: Can't pass agility test to avoiding catching fire (TN 12), so take 2d6 damage this round, 3d6 next as the fire spreads. Maneuver is indeed -1D to all tests, nice use of it!

[url=Damage (ignores AR)][/url]: 2d6 11]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:51 pm

(oh ouch!)
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:11 pm

[OOC: Yoren, do you want to retcon his round 3 action in light of well, being alight? Crawling out of the burning house and then trying to put out the flaming tunic might be more appropriate than crawling out and trying to maneuver Baelon in.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:21 pm

It's your cinematic effect:) he's dead regardless, so it's really just up to what you want, to have a burning man running at you orfinishing him off after he's gotten rid of the flames... Although the rules say that you'd have to avoid fire I think we can all agree that that's a rule not meant for a man encased in metal.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 pm

[OOC: this is definitely what Ser Jon Rivers would do, he'll try to take his conqueror down with him!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:01 pm

[OOC: Oh, if he put the flames out, I'd just kick him back in. I plan on returning with his charred bones and broken weapon in a sack.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:36 am

Baelon wrote:[OOC: Oh, if he put the flames out, I'd just kick him back in. I plan on returning with his charred bones and broken weapon in a sack.]

[OOC: he's keeping on fighting as Yoren says. He'll worry about putting the fire out when you're dead. He's sticking with the actions Yoren gave him.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next