Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman

5 posters

Go down

[D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman Empty [D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 pm

The sun wasn't yet rising when they reached the place. A band of men were gathering in there, in the middle of the woods, a good miles away from the castle. Half a dozen they were, armed with sharp steel and cruel eyes. With them, a villager with his clothes soaked with blood.
-T-This is the p-place m'lord. -The man has been beaten so badly he struggled even to simply point the cabin hidden in the foliage. -H-He's t-there I s-swear it. I swear it. P-Please, l-let me go.

Scratching his chin under the massive beard, Raynald looked unconvinced. He didn't answered the poor woodcutter. His Whoresons tortured him to extract Brandon's location, so if he was lying, he should die painfully. If he was being honest, then Raynald don't care at all. Ignoring the pleads, he approached Shitmouth, who had his dirty hands on his trusted heavy crossbow. -Should we burn it, Ser? Like we did with those dornishmen back in the red mountains? -The warrior said, his horrible smile thick with saliva. "
-No. You just keep things in order here. I want to know this man."
-Shitmouth grunted positively, and Raynald crossed the vegetation between his men and the Wild Woodsman hideout, knowing perfectly well his men were covering his hairy ass.

"
-It is time, Brandon!"
-He shouted over a rock, his hand on the hilt of the Bitch, still sheathed. He waited for the surprised giant of a man to appear on the cabin's door to only then pull his sword and arm his shield, a heavy piece of oak and iron, painted in red to match Raynald's tabbard. "
-Greetings lad, I'm here to kill you. Come. It's time."

Agility Roll for Initiative:
3D -1D (Flaw) -3 (Scale Armor)
[url=Initiative against the Wild Woodsman][/url]: 2d6-3 2

Combat Defense: 11 (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield)
AR 6, Bulk 2
Health: 12/12
F/I/W: 0/0/0

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman Empty Re: [D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Wordlessly the wild woodsman exits his hut swiftly and charges down to the bridge where he has made himself a chokepoint I can deal with one old man he thinks to himself contemptiously. His arrogance makes him hit sloppily, his axe missing its target completely! He's left completely open from his lounge, and all he can do is to use his massive bulk to knock the older man down.

Brandon the Wild Woodsman
Athletics 4 (Strength 1B), Awareness 3, Endurance 4, Agility 2, Fighting 4 (Axes 2B), Will 3
Equipment: Long axe, Breastplate
Tactics: Knockdown and attack! Second round attempts to shatter his opponent's shield unless his opponent is on the ground or he achieved 2 DoS or more in round 1.
Battlefield quality: takes place on a bridge above a thirty foot drop in to rocks and water.
Derived stats:
[url=Initiative for brandon the wild][/url]: 2d6-2 8
Defense: 7
Ar:5
Health:12
F/I: 0/0
Move
[url=Axehit round one from brandon the wild][/url]: 5d6k4 9
[url=Kockdown round 1][/url]: 5d6k4 14
He has to take one point of fatigue.

Last edited by 145 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman Empty Re: [D3 EM] Peacekeepers: Hunting the Wild Woodsman

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:28 pm

(OOC: Sweet, but wait a moment: he moved towards me, atacked me AND used a lesser action manouver? This can't be right unless he didn't move at all. PS: Yes I'm scared of falling off the bridge)
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm

oops, it was a knockdown he was said to be using, so you don't fall, you simply get knocked over. Reader said that he did both knockdown and attack first round, so he should probably just take a fatigue for a third lesser action.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:44 pm

"
-Now you listen to me y...UFF!!"
-Raynald didn't have time to correctly respond to the giant man attack. He did easily clashed his blade against the shaft of his axe, blocking the attack, but couldn't do nothing against the man superior strength. The Madman falls with his back against the bridge, raising his shield quick enough to defend against a new strike. To the Woodsman surprise, Raynald was laughing his ass off. He opened his guard a moment, showing his red face. "
-I'm already down sweetheart, why don't you come and kiss me?"
-The Madman would then clash his shield against the upcoming attack, only to slash the big man belly with his sword.

[url=Fighting (Long Blades) vs the Wild Woodsman][/url]: 6d6k4 20

"
-Oh no, no, no! With care, Brandon my love! Always treat a lady with care, will ya? Now let me try being on top!"
-Said Mad Raynald taking this opportunity to rise and clash himself against the big man.

(OOC: Now I'm spending 1 fatigue point to gain a lesser action and try myself a Knockdown)

[url=Athletics for Knockdown manouver vs Wild Woodsman][/url]: 4d6-1 10

(OOC: Lol, seems like I succeded)

Defense: 11
AR :6
Health:12
Damage: 5/DOS
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

With a roar he goes to the ground, however, as he lies on the ground he drags at Raynalds ankle, dragging him down too. The both of them on the ground he proceeds to swing his giant axe
Health:2/12
F/I: 1/0
Lesser action: knockdown
[url=knockdown attempt 2][/url]: 5d6k4-1 11
lesser action: Attack: [url=Attacking (with a plus one dice from knockdown)][/url]: 6d6k5 24 DMG=9*dos

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:With a roar he goes to the ground, however, as he lies on the ground he drags at Raynalds ankle, dragging him down too. The both of them on the ground he proceeds to swing his giant axe
F/I: 1/0
Lesser action: knockdown
[url=knockdown attempt 2][/url]: 5d6k4-1 11
lesser action: Attack: [url=Attacking (with a plus one dice from knockdown)][/url]: 6d6k5 24 DMG=9*dos

[OOC: Jesus fucking christ Yoren, you're killing me here dude! We're talking about 21 points of damage... 15 past my AR. Alright, I'll take two Injuries (-4 each) and absorb the remaining damage on my 12 Health. So I take 5, which leaves me with Health 7. C'MON YOREN, I'M NEW HERE MAN. :B]

Raynald roared and shouted, rolling in the bridge with the big man as if they were two children fighting in the mud. Busy with the wrestling, the red knight could do little when he noticed the giant blade of the Woodsman coming down in an arc towards him. He raised his shield the best he could, but the hit was so strong that it pushed Raynald's shield against his nose with a sonorous CRACK. Bloodied and pissed, the Madman decided that it was time to definetly end this. -Alright! Enough kissing!

[OOC: If that son of a bitch gained +1D in Fighting in the ground, I suppose I have one too, right? Oh, and last time I attacked I forgot to add 1B on my roll (I have Long Blade 3B, not 2B, my bad)]

[url=Fighting (Long Blades) vs the Wild Woodsman][/url]: 8d6k5 26 (-3 from 2 Injuries and 1 Fatigue) = 23

Last edited by 187 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 pm

[OOC: NPC deadliness is to your narrator's credit/fault. PCs helping with rolls get no blame/credit (to be clear, all the credit for hurting PCs goes to your glorious narrator!). You've all got destiny and Westeros is dangerous. Twisted Evil ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 pm

[OOC: I know I'm just kidding]
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:[OOC: I know I'm just kidding]

[OOC: I'm not. No PCs stealing my kills. :;
): ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:49 pm

[You might want to stop by your friendly neighborhood Septon for some healing after dealing with this brute, now I wonder, what can I get for helping out this madman? Twisted Evil ]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:10 pm

[OOC: I won? If so I want to write a final post deciding what to do with the Woodsman]
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:15 pm

[By my calculation, he should be able to negate all your damage by taking 4 injuries.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Not expecting much mercy from this madman he continues fighting, desperately smashing his opponents shield, hoping to get through to the soft flesh underneath. He manages to splinter the shield to tinder, though he does not manage to damage Raynald. "
I'll kill you old man!"
he pants as he rises to his feet, with the support of the railing, feeling light headed from bloodloss.
F/I: 2/4
*take one fatigue to ignore injuries.
Lesser action:[url=smashing his shield][/url]: 6d6k5-2 18
Lesser action: stand up

[I can't even get a little of the credit? Crying or Very sad Seriously though: You'll win if you deal 3 more damage...]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:33 pm

In a series of powerful blows, the big Woodsman destroyed Raynald's shield, with a final strike that burst what remained of the object from the knight's hand and into the fall of the bridge. The red knight had to quickly use his own blade to stop next attack. "
-Heh. Don't be stupid, son. Let me tell you a secret."
-Raynald whispered with his smile red from blood coming down his nose as he stopped the last blow with the steel of his longsword. "
-Today is not the day I die. RAHR!"
-He pushed the man back with all his strength, raising with a vicious look on his injuried face. He raised his sword, starting a series of quick blows, forcing the man to raise his guard only to pull his sword point down and hit the man in the face with the hilt of his weapon.

[url=Fighting (Long Blades) vs the Wild Woodsman][/url]: 7d6k4-3 17

Defense: 11
AR: 6
Health: 7/12
Damage: 5/DOS
F/I/W: 1/2/0

[1 lesser action to rise, 1 to attack. I won't kill him yet.]

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:35 pm

[Defeated-You get to choose defeat consequences. Congrats :;

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:[Defeated-You get to choose defeat consequences. Congrats :;
[OOC: Well, THANK YOU YOREN. THANK YOU MAN. Hehehe]

His blow with the swordhilt was enough to make the big man fall over his knees with blood in his mouth, but Raynald decided he deserved a good kick in the balls because that was a very good shield that was now destroyed. The man moaned with Raynald's boot, and the Madman forced him to lay down, putting carelessly the tip of his sword over the man's throat.

"
-NOW."
-Raynald cleaned the blood over his mouth to speak clearly. "
-As I was saying before."
-He looked back to where his men were hiding. They approach slowly, laughing about the fight. "
-I should just cut your head off to bring it to the castle with me, you know that right? Because you are a big son of a bitch. I understand what you want, but you can't have it anymore, do you understand? It's over."
-He pressed the blade against the man skin, cutting it slightly. "
-BUT."
-He lifted a finger, his blue eyes were very calm, despite the situation. He was in fact quite happy. "
-Just happens that I am in a very important holy quest, and for that I'm in need of sons of bitches. So I want you to choose, Brandon. You can come with my boys here to become one of my Whoresons, or you can die right now. If you come with me I'll give you roof, food, and more silver you would ever earn otherwise. And you will have plenty of opportunity to kill, fuck and play with this big axe of yours. BUT!"
-Again with the finger. "
- You'll have to serve me, to obey every single shit I say. The boys can show you how it works. How about that? Good, right? I'll let you think about it for a moment."

[url=Persuasion (Convince) against the Woodsman][/url]: 5d6-3 17

He stepped over the Woodsman, taking a flask of wine from the hands of Shitmouth, who was laughing with those crooked teeth of him."
-Heh, you're having a good moment, right Shitsmouth? That fucker was heavier than your mother, who could think this was possible? HAHAHAHA! I was on my four so quick I thought he was more interested in fuckin me than killing me! HAHAHA!"
-The men burst into laughter while a few of them searched the Woodsman's cabin for anything of value, while other two kept their eyes over the stunned bandit.

"
-So, what do you say Brandon?"
-He smiled with red teeth, coming back to the Woodsman. Raynald had the flask of wine in one hand, and the other had steel. The Woodsman would have only one of them.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Exhausted, wounded and baffled to be offered another chance to continue his reaving by a man he thought sent to capture or execute him, Brandon found the strength to point to the wineskin.

"
Your man, your man,"
he mumbles through the pain before unconsciousness claims him.

An unfortunate semantic choice of the Wild Woodsman's part, given the boisterous humour enjoyed by Raynald's band, but the defeated raider was simply relieved to be alive. A mercy to him and an injustice to whatever victims he would claim in the future...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Raynald throws the wineskin to the Woodsman, pointing a finger towards him next. "
-Smart boy. Welcome to the Whoresons."
-He turned to his men. "
-What are you all waiting for? The sun is rising and I'm hungry! Arseling, make a fire. Toothless, bring the horses and the rations. Cockless Carl, bring me knife. Shitmouth and Pisspot, go see if there is no one around us. Thank you Carl. Here Pigface, take this knife and cut that man's belly open."

-W-what? W-why? -Asked the bloodied villager shaking in fear as the big thug reached him with a smile. "
-Because I'm trying to be a better man, lad. I couldn't be me to kill you, do you understand? I made a promise."
-He answered as if it was obvious and he was talking to a dimwit.
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down