Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen!

+4
Reader
Nathaniel Mason
Luecian LongBow
Athelstan
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen! - Page 2 Empty Re: (Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen!

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:49 am

An Injury is a minor, rarely fatal wound. Anytime you take damage, you
can accept an injury to reduce the damage taken by an amount equal
to your Endurance rank.

As far as I understand the rules, you cannot take more than one injury per damage source.

Brother 2

Reduces his damage to 14 with an Injury but still more than enough to defeat him.

He falls over backwards...

Luecian.. choose a defeat consequence please.

Last edited by 119 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

(Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen! - Page 2 Empty Re: (Day 3 - LA) Among the Fallen!

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:50 am

(Vicious with the Longbow, so there's only one way this could have gone)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:52 am

Luecian LongBow wrote:(Vicious with the Longbow, so there's only one way this could have gone)

So basically.. there is an arrow sticking out of his visor.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:55 am

[Regretfully, but Vicious does make everything certain death I suppose]

Athelstan rests his axe over his shoulder "
Seven hells Luecian, took you long enough to carry your weight!"
he chuckles giving the archer a hard time "
Good shooting though, nice and clean shot to the head"
looking the last dead man "
We should check the watchtower, they might have some "
guest"
that might want to be released from their hosts or other things"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:58 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Luecian LongBow wrote:
(Vicious with the Longbow, so there's only one way this could have gone)

So basically.. there is an arrow sticking out of his visor.

(Yes! Also learned a couple things there, didn't realize you could only take 1 injury a round. Thanks Athelstan for letting me join your fun and Nathan for helping us out.)

Luecian walks up slowly towards the dead robber knights and the bloody ironborn towering over their dead forms. Pretty sure most that blood be those fellows... "
Master Athelstan, you put on quite the show there me friend. Reckon you didn't need me help at all here but thought I'd lend a hand all the same."
After hearing the warrior's words, he nods in agreement."
Lead the way, I be watching yer back."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:02 am

Athelstan wrote:[Regretfully, but Vicious does make everything certain death I suppose]

[OOC: Heh. All the Wound-smacker advantages like AFII and LBFIII don't leave many breathing secondary characters either.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:08 am

Luecian LongBow wrote:

(Yes! Also learned a couple things there, didn't realize you could only take 1 injury a round. Thanks Athelstan for letting me join your fun and Nathan for helping us out.)

My pleasure.

I wasn't expecting 3 NPCs... but you made short work of them.

Luecian, if you want to check with Reader about the Cover stuff. The rules are very vague and wishy-washy when it comes to Cover (especially with Marksmanship stuff). I played it the way I would if we were doing tabletop. If I was wrong, mia culpa. It hardly mattered in this combat, but it might matter later.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 am

[ooc]Worst case, the guy took all 4 injuries and he would have stayed at about 4 or 6 health and it was my turn, he would have died either way, at least this way Luecian shined as well, thank you very much Nathaniel[/ooc]

[ooc]You can RP away with me if you want lol, I just want to know if there is something inside the watchtower, like a damsel lol or loot!, but that will have to wait for reader[/ooc]

Edit:

"
Stop calling me Master, is not like you have pledged service to me or I'm some kind of lordling"
still adrenaline pumping in his vein, and his words come out as a scolding more than he meant them to be.

"
I guess this is way they also call me the Red Wake..."
looking at all the blood and cleaning his axe with some wide arc swings, and the rest of it with a rag tore from the fallen robber knights "
Misery's End indeed"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:01 am

"
Done ironborn, Athelstan it is. Septon got me practicin me words with all the noble types round here. Danged if ain't harder than the fight we just had...m'lady this, m'lord that,Ser. It's exhausting just to have a simple conversation sometimes."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 am

[thanks to Nathaniel for helping to manage this.

For future reference I'll clear up a few things that had a significant bearing on this combat and note them elsewhere too when I get home.

You can take multiple injuries from a single attack - the example in the rules makes this clear, just careless drafting.
Using multiple injuries with secondary NPCs can help them avoid damage from axe fighter 2 and avoid insta-death]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:32 am

Reader wrote:[thanks to Nathaniel for helping to manage this.

You can take multiple injuries from a single attack - the example in the rules makes this clear, just careless drafting.
Using multiple injuries with secondary NPCs can help them avoid damage from axe fighter 2 and avoid insta-death]

I neglected the fact that if you can reduce the damage to zero you avoid the wound-smack as well.

My bad.

Given their rolls, I don't think the brothers had much of a shot anyway. Getting enough damage to threaten someone with CD11 and AR 10 is a difficult prospect on five dice without the benefit of the critical hit table.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 am

(You short changed them on damage too - it should be 5 per dos not 4. Helps overcome that huge AR. Nonetheless, I appreciate the assistance)
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:50 am

Reader wrote:(You short changed them on damage too - it should be 5 per dos not 4. Helps overcome that huge AR. Nonetheless, I appreciate the assistance)

Yeah... so I did. I was thinking they weren't getting the +1 damage from strength because the weapon was not powerful, and forgot to add the base +1 of the weapon. Laughing

I guess the Gods were (quite literally) not with them that day.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 pm

[ooc: given the issues with this skirmish, I will be adjusting the defeated foes to merely be enemies with Wylde surcoats and shields, relying on their fearsome reputation. The real deal is still at large and they have Athletics 4 and can take multiple injuries! :;
): ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:37 pm

(ooc-perhaps they were henchman and we find a map to the tower on these dead guys?)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:(ooc-perhaps they were henchman and we find a map to the tower on these dead guys?)

[ooc: exactly! More to come later!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:(ooc-perhaps they were henchman and we find a map to the tower on these dead guys?)

Downgraded to tertiary characters at the stroke of a pen.

Poor guys.

Sorry if I seem to have screwed up this battle so badly. Nathan is a schemer and my main character is a archer like Luecian. We use the 1 Injury per damage and we use the Critical Hit table, so combat is usually short and bloody.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:20 pm

[ooc: not at all - you ran a combat for others and helped deepen the story! Given who lord Wylde is, his wicked relatives deserve a build up!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Dont matter this thread may be retcon after all

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

[ooc: no way! I'll just move it earlier in the timeline if the worst happens]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:06 am

Searching the bodies of the dead bandits, Luecian finds a rough map. Returning to Dulver cap, he recruits a new knight that had recently joined the House Dulver, Ser Jergen. The septon spoke well of him and recommended the knight to Luecian if he needed another sword for protection while performing his duties. Approaching the knight, he introduced himself.

"
Ser Jergen, me name be Luecian most call me Luecian Longbow. Septon spoke well of you and preached your sword arm be a mighty one! Have some work this afternoon that could mayhaps lead to a bit of a scrap with a bandit or two, no doubtin yer sword arm be useful if we run em into em. Yerself be up for that hunt?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:16 am

Jergen stands as the unknown male approached him. Listening to him as he explains the situation Jergen can't help, but to smile.

"
Aye lad, I'll gladly lend my sword to you. Do we know anything about the bandits. Their numbers, arms and such? Lead on friend Luecian. Let us see House Dulver's enemies flee before us."

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:20 am

Luecian filled the knight in on their ride with the small bit of information he had. "
Never be telling for sure but the rumors be of three armed robber knights making trouble. Thought we had stopped em a bit earlier but seems they were some henchmen of theirs instead. Meself found a map so thinkin could be their hideout, thats me hope at least."

Last edited by 183 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:27 am

Upon hearing about the robber knights Jergen has a sour look on his face and spits on the ground.

"
Traitorous bastards playing at being a knight. Indeed my friend we will be doing a service to House Dulver and their allies by getting rid of these bandits."

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:33 am

Following the map trail best as he could figure, he ties up his mount at a location near the one marked on the map. "
Best to go on foot from her me thinks."

Stalking along the map's marked trail Ser Jergen and Luecian spot a wooden tower in the distance. "
Hmmn, be having an idea. Think it be a fun one."
Starting a small fire on the ground, Luecian ties a rag and a bit of oil on an arrow before lighting it on fire. He quickly draws back and lets the arrow go as quickly as he could.

Lesser Action-[url=TN 15- Set the tower on fire, Brothers Wylde][/url]: 7d6k5 14
Lesser Action-[url=Stealth- Brothers Wylde][/url]: 4d6k3 8
He watches as the arrow falls short of the tower and sets a patch of nearby grass on fire..."
Hmmn well that be a bit embarrassing eh Knight? Don't be mentioning that in the story we bring back and I'll owe ya a few tankards. Do yer best to hide fore they come on out, surely they be noticing the land round em catch flame"

(ooc-sigh crappy crap rolls. Missed the tower and my hiding attempt is pathetic)
Luecian stumbles and trips as he scrambles to a hiding spot. He sets some arrows in the ground round himself and his spear laying next to him behind a bush. Unbeknowst to him, the steel tip of the spear is reflecting in the sunlight and likely exposing the archer.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum