Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True

+2
Septon Arlyn
Kevan Lyras
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True - Page 2 Empty Re: No Lords no masters -Entering the cave (1/3)

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:32 am

As Kevan slowly gets up from the fighter's knockdown, he sees one of the fanatics rushing over to the torches.
"
Septon, quick get this guy before he blows us all up!"
The marsten knight himself focuses on his direct attacker and manages a quick hit to the shoulder of his opponent

Greater action: Stand up
Fatigue - Lesser action: Attack man-at-arms [url=Attack Man-at-arms][/url]: 6d6k5+1-1 23 vs 9 =3DoS*5= 15-7=8 Damage

Fanatic 9
CD 7
Health 9/9
F:0

Arlyn
CD 9
Health 9/9
F/I/W: 0/1/0

Ben
CD: 11
AR: 10, Bulk: 4
Health: 11/11
F/I/W: 0/0/0
MW Longsword +1 Attack
Fatigue to avoid attack, knockdown, grab, etc.

Man-at-arms 6
CD 9
Health 1/9

Fanatic 5
CD 7
health 9/9
F: 0

Fanatic 14
CD 7
Health 9/9
F:1

Luecian Longbow

Ser Kevan
AR: 10
CD: 10
12/12
F/I/W: 1/0/0
Spend fatigue on knockdown

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True - Page 2 Empty Re: No Lords no masters -Entering the cave (1/3)

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:13 am

Septon Arlyn sees the fanatic next to the torch, and hearing the direction from kevan, the Septon drops the torch and sprints towards the woodsmen by the torch.

Free action, drop torch
Greater action, Sprint, next attacks vs Septon Arlyn are a D -1

Panting as he arrives he reaches out for the weirdness and attempts to wrap him up

Fatigue: lesser action [url=Attack with hand vs woodmen next to torch, round 2 (-1 injury, -1 fatigue) attempt to grab][/url]: 3d6-2 13

Successfully wrapping up the woodmen he thinks, well, now I have the shadow cat by the tail. "
I've got him!,"
Septon Arlyn announces, now let's hope I can keep him.

Arlyn
CD 9 (all fighting and marksmen ship tests against the Septon are at -1 D)
Health 9/9
F/I/W: 1/1/0
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:00 am

[There is one fanatic's turn before you, I think, brave septon]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:[There is one fanatic's turn before you, I think, brave septon]

Before Septon Arlyn could act, one desperate fanatic rushed at Luecian, taking a hand from his sword in a futile attempt to grab the elusive marksman.

Given what followed, it was clear the Seven bestowed their luck on those who supported Westeros's social order rather than those who sort to undermine it.

Those who ruled, those who prayed, those who fought and those who served. It was thus for a reason.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Reader wrote:
Kevan Lyras wrote:[There is one fanatic's turn before you, I think, brave septon]

Before Septon Arlyn could act, one desperate fanatic rushed at Luecian, taking a hand from his sword in a futile attempt to grab the elusive marksman.

Given what followed, it was clear the Seven bestowed their luck on those who supported Westeros's social order rather than those who sort to undermine it.

Those who ruled, those who prayed, those who fought and those who served. It was thus for a reason.

[url=Charge to grab Luecian][/url]: 3d6k2 8

(Not successful, he would have run past the Septon who would get 2 dos on him * 1 damage = 2- 2 Ar =0 damage dealt)

Ben
MW Longsword +1 Attack

Man-at-arms 6 next to Ser kevan
CD 9
Health 1/9

Fanatic 5 next to Ser kevan
CD 7
health 9/9
F: 0

Fanatic 14 , next to torch, currently grappled by Septon Arlyn
CD 7 (2)
Health 9/9
F:1

Luecian Longbow

Ser Kevan
12/12

Fanatic 9 currently next to Luecian
CD 7
Health 9/9

Arlyn grabbing fanatic 14
CD 9
Health 9/9
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:50 pm

How many times must I remind myself to work on NOT getting knocked down.
Ben attempts to sramble to his feet, but loses his footing on the cavern floor. As an attempt to keep the man at bay Ben takes a lopping swing. It connects with the standing mans leg above the knee severing it. This sends the poor soul careening to the floor in a spray of blood and with a short gurgled scream.

[url=Agility stand TN 9][/url]: 3d6 9-1 fatigue fail
[url=Attack fanatic 5][/url]: 7d6k5+1 234DoSx6=24 Dead

MW Longsword +1 Attack
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:26 pm

The man at arms, seeing that he is standing along against two armed knights, and feeling his vision begin to darken, decides that he wishes to leave a mark to be remembered by on one of these two knights

[url=roll to decide which knight to attack 1 = ben, 2 = kevan][/url]: 1d2 1

Deciding to enact his vengeance on the man who just killed his friend, he begins to recklessly swing at the Lord, hoping to deal enough damage to get past his armor, as well as draw attention to himself, hoping that the fanatic next to the torch would bring fiery justice onto the Lords and there minions.

"
No Lords! No Masters! Death will bring me freedom."
he calls out hoarsely.

He takes a moment to aim before launching into his attack

fatigue
Lesser action;
aim
greater action;
[url=reckless attack against a knocked down lord ben round 3][/url]: 8d6k6 20 - 1 from fatigue = 19 vs TN 14 = 2 DOS = 10 damage - 10 AR = 0 damage

The Fanatic next to the torch decided to attack the Septon, hoping to put enough punishment on the Septon to force him to loose his grip

Fatuige for lesser action
lesser action aim
greater action, [url=reckless attack with bonus die vs septon arlyn, round 3][/url]: 5d6k3-2 14 -9 CD = 5 = 2 DOS * 2 damage (athletics 3 - 1 for gauntlet = 2) = 4 damage - 1 = 3 damage

The fanatic catches Septon Arlyn in to stomach, knocking the wind out of the Septon, But Septon Arlyn manages to keep his hold on the struggling Fanatic.

Luecian Longbow

Ser Kevan
12/12

CD 7
Health 9/9

CD 9
Health 6/9

Ben
MW Longsword +1 Attack

Man-at-arms 6 next to Ser kevan
CD 9(3)
Health 1/9

Fanatic 5 dead

Fanatic 14 , next to torch, currently grappled by Septon Arlyn
CD 7 (2)
Health 9/9
F:2
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Luecian watches the lit torch the Septon dropped fall to the ground. In that moment the cavern seemed the smallest bit dimmer to his keen eyes. It be a bad thing if we be losing any torch light. He drops his bow and picks up the lit torch in his left hand. In his right hand he takes out a hand axe and throws it quickly at the remaining man at arms. It hits its target but the man's armor seems to absorb the impact.

Free action- drop bow
Lesser Action using 1 fatigue-pick up torch
Lesser Action- Take out Hand Axe
Lesser Action- Attack

[url=NLNM- Marksmanship(Thrown) Attack vs Man At Arms][/url]: 5d6-1 11
1 DoS, 3 dmg - 7 AR= 0 dmg

[url=Initiative Roll-(NLNM)][/url]: 4d6-2 13 13A
Luecian
Equipment: LongBow + Quiver of arrows, 2 Hand Axes, 3 Knives, Torch, unlit torch, Hard Leather Armor, Buckler
Health: 9/9
CD: 9, AR: 3
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Kevan sees the septon taking a vicious blow to his not inconsiderable belly. "
Hold on brave septon, support is near!"

Ignoring the attackers close to him, who stab at the moving Marsten knight, he sprints over to take out struggling fanatic.

Move
+ fatigue spent for charge:
[url=Charge fanatic held by the septon][/url]: 6d6k4+1-2 13 vs CD7 = 2 DOS*7=14-2= Dead

CD 7
Health 9/9

CD 9
Health 6/9

Ben
MW Longsword +1 Attack

Man-at-arms 6
CD 9(3)
Health 1/9

Luecian Longbow

Ser Kevan
12/12
F/I/W: 2/0/0

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:05 pm

"
Come here you little git!"
Snarls the fanatic at Luecian as he lunges at him, attempting to grab his jerkin
[url=Reckless Grab attack with aim bonus die vs Luecian][/url]: 5d6k4-1 13 -9 CD =1 dos = 2 damage - 2 AR = 0 damage

Luecian is grabbed.

Septon Arlyn feels the body of the fanatic that he was holding go limp as kevan finished him off. Looking over at his friend he sees Luecian get wrapped up by the remaining woodsmen.

"
Hey you! The father will have a harsher judgement for you if you don't let go of the Archer now!"

[url=Distract bandit 9 holding Luecian part 1][/url]: 3d6-2 2

He hears the laughing of the bandit at the Septon's threats Septon Arlyn feels a fire light inside of him, wrenching the torch off the wall the Septon sends it flying at the bandit, who gives a yelp of surprise as the torch hits him square in the back, and his wild locks of hair singe slightly.

[url=Distract bandit 9 holding Luecian part 2][/url]: 3d6-2 15

"
Get off of him!"
The Septon snarls

Bandit is distracted
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Ben rolls to a kneeling position and launches to his feet. His shield raised, his sword comes hurtling up from behind him the speed and force of his leap up lending it aid. The Sharp steel bites into the mans left thigh and continues up across his chest to the opposite shoulder. An explosion of crimson and anguish accent the deadly strike. The thud of the unconscious man echo in the silence following the septon's words.

Ben turns his head, lifting his visor, to the fanatic holding Luecian. The few exposed places of his face covered in the blood of his enemies. "
Stand down now and the mother may have mercy on your soul and the lives of your family. Live to denounce their involvement or die and sentence them to your own fate."

[url=Agility stand TN 9][/url]: 3d6 15
[url=Attack man at arms][/url]: 7d6k5 23 vs 4CD(?) = 4DoSx6=24-7AR=17-9(3 injuries) =8 maimed

MW Longsword +1 Attack
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Luecian tries to break free of the woodman's grasp but fails to do so. Damn it his grip be too strong... Dropping the torch he pulls out a knife and tries to stab the man in desperation. He connects with an awkward blow and leaving a shallow wound that barely slows his attacker.

Lesser action with fatigue-break free
[url=Fanatic's opposed break free roll][/url]: 3d6 14
[url=Luecian Break free roll][/url]: 3d6 8-1=7 fail
Lesser action- pull out knife
Lesser action- attack [url=Fighting(Brawling) Attack on Grappler][/url]: 3d6-2 12 2 DoS, 2*2=4 dmg - 2 AR= 2 dmg

[url=Initiative Roll-(NLNM)][/url]: 4d6-2 13 13A
Luecian
Equipment: LongBow + Quiver of arrows, 2 Hand Axes, 3 Knives, Torch, unlit torch, Hard Leather Armor, Buckler
Health: 9/9
CD: 9, AR: 3
F/I/W: 2/0/0
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:09 pm

[ooc: well he isnt going to surrender now, I Guess. Laughing He is the last man standing Luecian. It may have been better to remain still and give him a chance to surrender.(delay your action.) ]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 pm

[Also his CD is 0, so you would have gotten 3 dos Smile ]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:20 pm

(ooc- I'm not convinced they would surrender as they are described as fanatics and already had a chance to depart previously. If he is surrendering then I would argue my break free roll would be unopposed and I am no longer grabbed. In that case I will move behind One of the Knights rather than attack him.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:26 pm

[Ooc: me niether, but it was worth a shot. Laughing Seeing all his fellows defeated and the safety of a man's family will sometimes ... enlighten a man. It's no sweat as Kevan can finish him if need be.]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:43 pm

[Yeah, got confirmation from reader that he will surrender either today or tomorrow. Will likely just retcon the attack and you make the break free action]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 am

{OOC: given their fanatacism and to let Ser Kevan finish things off dramatically he'll go down swinging]

The woodsman loosened his grip on Luecian, throwing the archer aside and taking a mighty swing that had thinned the ranks of his group's strongest fighter.

The archer proved almost equally adept at close quarters, avoiding the worst of the fanatics attack.

Ser Hugh's final henchman was now vulnerable to any retribution from Ser Kevan...

[url=Fighting][/url]: 3d6 7
[url=Aim][/url]: 1d6 6
= 11 - 1 faituge = 10 = 7 damage - 3AR = 4 damage to Luecian
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Seeing that the last remaining foe had no intention of yielding, Kevan raised his sword once again, rushing over to help the hunter. With a crushing blow he sent the fanatic tumbling to the ground. As the noise of the battle suddently died down, Kevan looked around. "
Is everybody alright? Shall we go deeper into this cave complex?"

[url=Chaarge][/url]: 6d6k4+1-2 18 equals one dead enemy

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True - Page 2 Empty Re: NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Septon Arlyn sees the last fanatic go down, nearly collapsing with relief and exhaustion. Holding a hand up to Ser Kevan, he states, "
Just give me a moment to catch my breath, that punch to the stomach really did a number."
He wheezes, sucking in the damp smoky air.

[url=Catch breath roll, A Lord, A Knight, Septon and archer true, post combat][/url]: 3d6 6 = 2 DOS

[Just for thematics]

Straightening up, he walks over to dropped torch, stepping gingerly over the downed dead man.

[url=healing Diagnose roll, A Lord, A Knight, Septon and archer true, post combat][/url]: 4d6 8

"
Goodman Luecian, I think that a few of these men still alive, but I do not know if they will surrive, do you have some rope that we can bind them together with? Or can you search the cavern and see if you can find some? I would prefer for them not to wake up and decide to finish what a few of their comrades started."
While he says this he attempts to bind the wounds of the few who appear to be unconscious, as he wants to question them after this is over.

[url=healing treat injury, A Lord, A Knight, Septon and archer true, post combat][/url]: 6d6k4 17

After Patching them up and ensuring that they are secure, Septon Arlyn stands up, grabbing the torch. "
Now let us carry on good Sers, and find out what else this damninable cave has in store for us"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True - Page 2 Empty Re: NLNM - A Lord, A knight, Septon and Archer True

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:14 am

As Kevan finishes off the last standing man Ben breaths a sigh of relief. His head shaking in disappointment at the fanatic's decision between mercy and death.

"
Yes we should secure these living and clear out any remaining."
Looking about with a crooked grin he addresses the group. "
Well done fellows. Luecian a finer shot I have not seen. Kevan your bollocks may just be bigger than your brains, my man. Though most call that bravery. Septon it seems your voice distracts even the most fanatical. Thus far it has been a privilege to fight along side you all."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:35 am

Septon Arlyn looks up from his work to the smiling Lord Ben. Feeling himself relax a bit at the crooked smile, Septon Arlyn returns the jovial look, beaming from the compliment. "
Aye, I may have distracted them, but it was your sword arm who laid two low with a single blow. Such tales I have only heard from the age of Heroes, My Lord Ben."
Septon Arlyn laughs, "
quite a team we made, to be sure. Clearly we were favored by the Gods this night."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 am

Luecian does his best to secure the remaining living prisoners with some bits of rope before turning to return Lord Marsten's kind words.
"
The septon's words do being some true ones. M'lord you be a sight out there today, a righteous avenger come to stop these men from their ill intents. Ser Kevan you be a right and true knight, that no one can be doubtin. Your sword and shield were there protecting us all when we did be vulnerable."

Finally he turns to the Septon and gives a relieved chuckle while shaking his head. "
You be as brave and reckless as last time I fought with you Septon. Not be sure exactly how you be managing it but you were surely effective here with Lord Marsten's sword backing you up. I'll follow you true and most importantly well armored knights if we be descending further..."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:53 pm

[OOC: one unit of warfare scale Wildfire is recovered here as none was detonated. The investigating houses can seize it, return it to the Throne/pyromancers or whatever else occurs to them.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Septon Arlyn lets loose a low whistle as they discover such a large cache of wildfyre.

"
What do you think we should do with it?"
he asks the group. "
Should we have the Royal Pyromacers remove it or should we save it as evidence, or destroy it? Maybe we can use its manufacture to determine where the substance came from, to find out how old it is and possibly determine how it came into these small folk's control?"

[url=Knowledge roll to determine information about wildfyre pt 1][/url]: 4d6 9 - 2 = 7

If education bonus die apply

[url=(education bonus die) Knowledge roll to determine information about wildfyre pt 1][/url]: 2#1d6 6 3

brings total up if education can apply: 16 - 2 = 14

Edit;
just remembered my injuries and fatigue

Last edited by 167 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next