Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed) Empty [D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Kevan was quite weary as he approached Ser Tyron's chambers. Ser Tyron was known for his hot temper. That he had heard from his wife, but also experienced at their earlier meeting, and what he wanted to discuss with the Blackwood knight would definitely not improve Tyron's mood.

He knocked on the door and introduced imself. "
Ser Tyron, it is Kevan, would you have a couple of minutes for me?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed) Empty Re: [D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed)

Post by Reader Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:34 pm

"
Aye, I'll make time for the royal investigators, as Ser Myles has bid us. Particularly for family by marriage."

The powerful looking knight shrugged his shoulders to relax them.

"
Like me, you are a man of action. I trust you understand I'd rather be drilling my men. The Brackens will seek to strike against us as soon as the Royal forces depart, I know it. You've doubtless seen much evidence of their perfidious ways so far."

"
You rode well against Ser Colyn. Riverrun was no fluke."

Respect offered, Ser Kevan's reputation as one of the Riverlands' finest knights is well earned.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed) Empty Re: [D5 LM] Another meeting with Tyron (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:53 pm

"
Thank you Ser. To be honest, it feels like the duel with Ser Colyn was one of the few positive highlights in what has been a dark week so far. The man truely respects his knightly vows. As we have discussed last time we met, I have identified the traitor within House Blackwood and I will make sure he gets punished appropriately, just as I promised."

He held up his hands, as if to prevent any preemature outburst before he continued:

"
But it is our family ties, that bring me here today. Lady Sophia cares a great deal for you and she asked me to keep you out of harm during this investigation. Now, I am not going to compromise my role as a royal investigator, but there is something else I can offer you. I received information that you were potentially involved in the salted fields incident. I cannot say, whether these reports are true or not, but they come from a source I trust. Now this crime is in no way comparable to the more serious incidents like the assassination or the poisoning of Blackbuckle, but justice needs to be served. If you were indeed involved in this case, I am giving you the opportunity to come forward and publicly, preemptively admit your guilt to the royal investors, before any evidence is found, in which case you will probably come through this with only a fine to be paid.

I want to help you Ser Tyron, please believe me in this. The assembly of investigators seems more than willing to proclaim drastic punishments as I have learned just yesterday. But there are also voices asking for clemency for those showing repentance."

Kevan took a small step back ready to face what no doubt will be another outburst of Ser Tyron.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Ser Tyron punched a fist in to his palm at the mention of the Blackwood traitor.

"
Remember your oath. You gave your word as a knight. A short drop beckons, a fitting fate for a traitor."

At Ser Kevan's request he clenches both hands, pausing to compose himself before answering. By Ser Tyron's standards this could only qualify as composed, but it was clear any "
confession"
would not be couched in a courtier's niceties.

"
Admission I can provide. A man should own his deeds, good and ill. Clean and simple. Repentance is too much. I'll not crawl and scrap before Bracken dogs, rapists and murderers."

"
I'll shout my deeds to the heavens if it will aid House Blackwood, but I'll not go on bended knee before the Beast. The Old Gods will hear my words, and they will judge kindly any action taken against House Bracken."

"
This I will do for my family and the love I bear Sofia."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Kevan slightly raised his eyebrows, surprised by the Blackwood's reaction. He is not the pure image of composure, but an improvement it is definitely an improvement...

"
Admission is definitely a start. Again, I cannot speak for the whole assembly of investigators, but such an act would certainly be considered favorably if it comes before the investigators have any evidence already. I propose you talk to Septon Arlyn, an investigator of House Dulver or possibly Lady Corrine Marsten for your ... admission, as this would certainly carry more weight than just talking to me, given our family ties."

Kevan sighted before he continued: "
I am glad you understand, why I am suggesting this. I am determined to provide justice as part of my role in this investigation, but I also hope that the family of my wife is not punished too much. This undertaking is as much politically motivated as anything else..."

Last edited by 157 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Ser Kevan's mention of politics seems to strike a chord with Ser Tyron as the valiant but vengeful Blackwood knight weighed up the issue before him.

[OOC: simple intrigue convince check at TN 9 please, DoS matters]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:46 am

"
It is never easy to put the needs of our House before our own, but is that not what we do for our blood?"

[url=Convince Tyron][/url]: 5d6k4+2 17
[url=Reroll the 2][/url]: 1d6 1 ->
Still lower than the other dice ->
gets dropped

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:18 pm

"
I am minded to go before this Septon Arlyn I hear much and more of. He seems to have some courage in his heart for a holy man, and if politics be the game here it would not be unhelpful if my confessor dressed Green, no?"

"
For the family."

[OOC: his preference is noted above IC, but he's willing to confess (well, confess by Ser Tyron's standards) to any investigating PC, but won't confess to Lord Bracken directly]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:02 am

"
Yes, Septon Arlyn is a good choice, that he is green is an additional benefit as well. I will excuse myself, Ser Tyron. I hope the next time we speak for more joyous reasons."

With a slight bow, the Marsten knight bids farewell and leaves Tyron's quarters.

[/scene]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:20 am

Ser Tyron returns the bow as his visitor departs.

/scene
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down