Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another

3 posters

Go down

[D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another Empty [D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Luecian enters Raventree Hall with Septon Arlyn with him and asks around looking for the House's blacksmith. He lets all know that his horse has been riding awkward and would like the smith to check the horse's hooves if possible. Being pointed in the right direction he comes upon the blacksmith's workplace. Smiling at the smith, he greets the man warmly.
"
MasterSmith, my good man. I would be seeking your help if you do have a moment. Luecian Longbow be me name, a retainer to House Dulver who's own second son do be married to a daughter of House Blackwood. Septon Arlyn be here along with me. Me horse be moving a mite awkward today and be hoping you could investigate his hooves to ensure all was well."

As the Septon engages the blacksmith in further conversation, Luecian takes the opportunity to glance around the blacksmith's work area and try to spot anything that might be related to the Salted Fields incident.

[url=Awareness(Notice)-Glance around Blacksmith's work area][/url]: 4d6k3-1 11

(Feel free to jump in and be all convincing Septon.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another Empty Re: [D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Septon Arlyn enters the blacksmiths shop, glancing around the shop seeing if he notices anything unusual or curious.

[url=notice anything in the blacksmiths shop][/url]: 3d6 7 (keeping to the trope :;
): )

Nothing catching interest to his eyes, He hears Lueican's statement about needing to have his horse reshod. "
Aye,"
States the Master smith, "
I imagine that I could get that done right quick."

"
Master Smith,"
intones Septon Arlyn, "
If I could have but a moment for your time. Do you recognize this shoe? Were there any horses you had to have reshod from the blackwood's cavalry around the time of (salted fields incident.) Did you hear any of the soldiers from the Blackwoods cavalry comment about any exercises in the blackwood fields around that time? Were there any damage to the Blackwoods horses hooves that may have been caused by salt? Did you notice any salt in the horse's horseshoes or in the fur around their feet around the time of the incident?"

[url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/349882:799zs8y5]convince the Blackwoods Blacksmith to tell everything he knows about the salted fields. [D5 EA][/url:799zs8y5]: 7d6k5-1+2 22 + 1 from Luecian?

Last edited by 167 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another Empty Re: [D5, EA]One Good Mark Deserves Another

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Luecian assists the Septon in his conversation. "
Aye I believe your young lord and the crown would appreciate your helpfulness in this royal investigation. We all want to move forward and help build a peace in this region."

[url=Persuasion Assist][/url]: 3d6 11-1= 10 + 1 assist successful
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:12 pm

The Dulver investigators were ushered in to the stables, able to inspect the horses, informed by the staff of having to treat some horses for abrasions and cuts that had been aggravated by salt. They asked no questions - it is not their place to cause trouble. These injuries were most common among Ser Tyron Blackwood's veteran cavalry unit, among the best drilled and most experieinced of house Blackwood's troops.

From inspecting the horses, it rapidly became clear that the recovered horseshoe matched the remaining three used by one of Ser Tyron Blackwood's beautiful coursers.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Septon Arlyn turns to Luecian and beckons him to move a short distance away from the servants.

"
This is some pretty damning evidence Luecian, I doubt that the fields slated themselves. With this evidence and the fact that the small folk agreed to testify that they saw Ser Tyron Salting the fields..."
Septon Arlyn lets that thought trail off. "
I think we should speak with Ser Tyron himself about it. I got the sense that there was much discontent from the small folk about this, that they were... angry. With the attack last night and the fact that the rumors about the attack was suppressed... I think we are not at the end of out trouble good man."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:55 pm

'Likely you be right Septon. It all seemed to come to right boil last night and I be hoping that's the worst of it but we can't be knowing. This seem to be pretty damning right now but speaking to Ser Tyron could be the next step mayhaps but I be doubtin that's a role for meself. Mayhaps yourself could speak to him perhaps or Master Terren, either way I'd bring a knight or two with you. Never be knowing what a man might do if they be getting desperate. We should also be sharin this with Lady Corrine, it's as you told me of your meeting Septon-we can never be knowing when a few seemingly unrelated threads can be woven to make something useful. Perhaps you can whip up some quick words and send it her way."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:56 pm

"
Good Idea Master Luecian, I will go find Ser Walton and let him know that we will want to question Ser Tyron. I think he may want to come along if we are to question his cousin. Would you like to deliver a note to Lady Corrine, Telling her that we are going to be questioning Ser Tyron about his involvement with the salted fields, and that we have some strong evidence that implicates him?"

"
Master Smith, Do you have any writing utensils and parchment available for keeping track of your work orders and expenditures?"
Septon Arlyn reaches into his money pouch and pulls out a handful of copper pennies. "
I will pay you 11 copper pennies to use some of your Ink and Parchment"

[url=baragin with the smith day 5 kings justice`][/url]: 6d6k5 18

The smith nods and procures some ink and parchment for the Septon. Septon Arlyn hastely writes down what they have discovered and folds it quickly, handing it to the archer.

"
Can you deliver this to her? Also tell her we are moving to question Ser Tyron soon [MA]."
Septon Arlyn looks at the archer, "
Thank you for this Goodman Luecian. I doubt that we could have accomplished half of the investigations that we have without your assistance."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:15 pm

"
Aye Septon, I'll be on me way now."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down