Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounding out everyone is always a good idea

3 posters

Go down

Sounding out everyone is always a good idea Empty Sounding out everyone is always a good idea

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:00 pm

The transition of leadership in House Bartheld had seemed to work in Theomore's favor, oh, he missed the revels to be sure, and the boar did not come close to provide the same sort of opportunities that presented itself with all the nobles that Lord Brom's feasts had attracted, but these nobles still wanted to see and be seen, they would find other places, and all he had to do was to follow them there. But the new lord and lady of Hart House had provided assistance when he had needed it the most, and upon this he had thanked them more than once, more importantly, he had a connection, as fate would have it, to build upon. In many ways, him paying the Bartheld camp a visit was in fact, expected. Which suited him just fine, it was a simple enough matter to have his squire set a suitable time to be received by Lord Davain, and as any good guest, Theomore had brought along a gift.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Sounding out everyone is always a good idea Empty Re: Sounding out everyone is always a good idea

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:42 pm

From what Davain had heard Theomore Tullison was a man who couldn't be trusted. Normally Davain would distant himself from men like Theo, but for some odd reason his wife did trust the man. Before they were wed, Ayleth and Theo were friends. Ayleth strived when it came to politics and if she trusted him than Davain could learn to work with Theo. Perhaps the friendship between the two could form a powerful alliance between the two houses. Davain orgained the meeting and greeted Ser Theomore with Ayleth by his side in their tent. "
Ser Theomore, welcome. Please help yourself to anything wine or food you wish. Thank for the gift, though it was not need. A friend of my Lady wife is a friend of mine, and friends are welcomed to the full hospitality of House Bartheld, no gift needed."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Sounding out everyone is always a good idea Empty Re: Sounding out everyone is always a good idea

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:42 pm

"
Ah, but I must insist my lord"
Theomore seemed to be in a good mood. "
I seem to remember that the good lady lamented that no merchant ever carried any of the Arbor Red from three winters back these days, and I do hope my recollection is not wrong, because I did have to promise Lord Peak to turn his son into a knight in order to get him to part with a bottle from the cellars!"
It's clear enough from looking at Theomore's face that the last part is a rather gross exaggeration, but there was little doubt that it was a rather exquisite vintage that was becoming exceedingly rare."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Ayleth smiled fondly at Theomore. "
Your memory does you credit, good ser. Indeed I did say that, it's my favorite."
She was cheered by Theomore's gift, not just because of the gift itself, but because it meant he still thought of her fondly, and remembered her very well indeed. She chose not to see the exaggeration. "
Your gift is most kind. Perhaps we three can share some of the wine together?"
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:50 pm

"
I can hardly argue with the wishes of my lady"
Theomore smiles back, shaking off a certain feeling as much as he could, they were both married to someone else now. "
Besides few things helps conversation as well as a good wine."
Not to mention the sort of deal-making he was hoping to do.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:14 pm

"
I cannot agree more Ser Theomore."
Davain waved a hand and his squire brought out a platter of bread and cheeses along with three goblets, and proceeded to fill the goblets for all those present. "
Please, take a seat and make yourself comfortable."
Davain waited til Theo had made himself comfortable before continuing. "
So it seems that good King Viserys had brought us together to settle the issue of Market Town ourselves. A bit of a facade if you ask me since he could simply make a decree that could best suit the whole realm."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 pm

"
Perhaps, my lord, it best suits the realm that those six of the good king's leal servants with some sort of claim upon Market Town settle the matter among themselves, aided by the warrior's blessings to determine the one's who's cause is just?"
Theomore could always enjoy the game of uttering the words with the utmost respect for the king...how easy would it not have been to adjust the tone ever so slightly and risk having one's tongue removed for mocking his grace with those exact same words if spoken in the wrong company? "
It is not for a humble knight like me, trying to do right for me and mine, to question such dispositions as his grace choose to make."

It was a rather interesting topic though, the one about why the king didn't just do that, or tasked someone like Ironrod or the Lord Paramount to settle the matter. But the king had cut himself on the throne, and there were foul whispers of his condition coming from King's Landing, the master of laws was liable to ignore the politics and render a fair judgement, something nobody would want to risk, and Lord Gorman....not even his wife held a high opinion of him. No, leaving it to intrigues, backhanded deals and the fortunes to be balanced on the tip of a lance did not seem as ill-conceived at second glance as it might on the first. Not that Davain is likely to be as interested in such a discussion, so Theomore does not broach it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:42 am

"
And it seems that the Warrior's favor has missed my house's claim. If it was a melee I might be able to press the claim, but in a joust, I'm afriad to no one can stand up to the skill of Lord Baelon."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:44 am

"
None are unbeatable, my lord."
Theomore does not quite agree with that assessment. "
I believe that I might even have some small edge against Lord Baelon in a joust, though sizeable smaller than the one he holds if we were to face each other on foot."

"
But who knows? Might be that House Coldbrook's bid to field a champion, if indeed they make one, bears no fruit. Then the question arises if he will ride at all."
And the warrior would then be rather likely to favor Theomore's lance, but that was of lesser importance now.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Alyeth held back her opinion of King Viserys-it wouldn't do to talk that way, not even to Theomore. She sipped her wine carefully, savoring it. Like Theomore himself, it reminded her of old times. And yet not so old;
I am young still
"
Perhaps the king wishes to avoid antagonizing those whose interests he would rule against"
she suggested softly. No need to make lords angry at him when he can sow bad blood between the lords instead. Or perhaps it's another arbitrary judgment. If the succession doesn't matter to him, why should this?.

She blushed at the mention of Davain jousting. The last time he had done that it had ended badly, and it was her fault. Still, it had been quite nice to see her husband joust with her favor on his arm, before it had gone wrong.

"
I tend to agree."
Ayleth added when Theomore said he would have an edge on Baelon in a joust. "
Though I am scarcely an expert in such matters"

"
Perhaps I could play something for my lord and our guest, to repay him for his kindness? I am skilled with the harp"
she suggested.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:19 pm

"
My lady has a knack for making suggestions I cannot possibly call anything but delightful"
Theomore wouldn't mind the music, and she was happy with the harp, or so he understands, and if anyone deserved some happiness it was the good lady. "
She also happens to make one concerning his grace's possible intentions that is more astute than mine."
Odds were that the forces at court that had brought them all together for Black and Bracken had a hand in this, too. Or could it be that they were chosen for that because of this? That would not make much sense, but wasn't he playing games that barely made sense to himself to ensure that nobody else would have the faintest idea about how it was all connected?

"
Interesting subject as it might be, my lord. It leaves us in the intriguing position where House Marsten beyond a doubt may field a champion, and there is much more uncertainty as to who might put forward a challenger, and that is a question we actually can find an answer to.."

Last edited by 109 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:35 am

"
I am glad you are pleased by my suggestion, Ser"
Ayleth replied. "
And your judgment is most kind to me"
She took a sip of the wine and moved to play the harp, beginning a gentle, soothing song.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down