Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) Empty [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:33 pm

In center of newly built Dulvers' Camp was standing commanding pavillion, in which as usually Ser Garred was sitting on his old, simple chair, leaned back, with legs comfortably on the table. Ser Walton was sitting on the corner of that table, talking calmly with old captain. Both were holding cups of simple, red, sour wine: Garred put his in both hands, laying on his belly, while Walton was gesticulating with it while talking. Moods in Dulvers' Camp were very good, and that's not surprise after last days' events...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) Empty Re: [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Theomore had come out here once more, following the path set out before him. Marsten honor guard in tow, a honor guard that had to respectfully wait outside, he made it a point not to allow them to listen in to any of his conversations, they were here to ensure that he didn't do anything he wouldn't be doing anyway, not depriving him of all privacy. And unlike a certain someone else that treated his minders like annoying pests that only got in their way, or so he gathered from the conversation on the road, the common men gets together and talk, Theomore had made it his business from the start to be genuinely nice. Being on his best behavior won friends and favors, such as not having to pick fights to get his way in things such as this.

It was only fitting that he came here to discuss the matters of the caravans and the sellswords, among other things. His clash with the Coldbrooks had occurred sooner than he would have preferred, but it was inevitable. But he was here on Tullison business, his other friends would help with that feud, it was for the best to keep Dunstan out of it.

He greets the Dulver guard as he approaches, asking if he might be so kind as to announce the arrival of Ser Theomore.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) Empty Re: [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:56 am

One of guards disappeared into tent, but quickly came back and kept open entrance for Theomore. Ser Walton already poured red, sour wine to cup and immediately handed it to guest, saluting with his own cup -Theomore, our lands are always open for You, Ser- he said distinguishly and took big sip to confirm his words. Garred also slightly lifted his cup, not changing his sitting position. -Tullison- Walton pointed free chairs around table both Dulvers were sitting -Have a sit, please. What brings You to us today, Ser? Make Yourself at home- showed the table, where was laying still steaming partridge pie with vegetables, different kinds of wines and ale, and in the middle roasted boar with crispy crust, which brought attention of Walton -Garred hunted it with spear, all by himself. But of course we kept mind conscience and let our cook to finish the job it from there.- Nasty smile appeared on young knight's face, but Garred only summed that with casual wave of hand.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:31 pm

"
Well, it certainly is a nice change from the field rations I have been getting used to as of late, ser"
Theomore gives a bow of gratitude, at least such fare helped keep his waistline in good order. "
I have had the opportunity to clear my head the last pair of days, think through what I know, and what I do not know. And I learned a few new things from some of my contacts regarding the puzzle here."

"
The charges against me makes it more difficult to talk freely, so I had hoped to find some help and understanding. On one hand, I have no desire of being convicted for something I did not do and I do not trust the motives of the Coldbrooks, letting them know what I know could prove to be a mistake on my part as they may well find a way to twist it against me. On the other hand, I know more about what happened at Pennytree than anyone else does, and I am quite positive that nobody else will be able to learn of it."

"
But I believe I can rely upon House Dulver to help me in not making these accusations hinder the investigation while minding the fact that I must defend against them?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:39 am

Check on Theomore's words
Walton [url=Empathy vs Theomore][/url]: 3d6 13
Garred [url=Empathy vs Theomore][/url]: 3d6 6

Garred wasn't paying much attention at the beginning, as he just waved his hand on his page, who quickly rushed out of the tent to pass order to guards: important meeting, make sure no one puts his fingers between the door. Listening Ser Walton was nodding with his head in silence, combed his hair with his hand and replied calmly -Theomore, we fought together just few days ago, shed blood which connected us means more than any accusations. We saw You are worthy knight and Dulvers' ally, and that's what comes before we will ever start to judge someone. And to be honest: we don't listen to gossips, even those announced by highly born, Ser- Garred saluted him with his cup. -And if there is anything You want to entrust in our hands or minds, or is there anything we can do to help You, just say.- Garred took his legs off the table and straightened up in his chair, finally turning to other men -And what is happening around You, Ser, means that we are leaving in lousy times. And rightful men in such times should stick together, when around are vipers and spiders...-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:14 pm

"
It is good to know, kind sers."
Theomore makes himself comfortable. "
The first raids were carried out by Bracken troops, this I can confirm through multiple sources, the more recent ones, however, those were the work of a sellsword company that would not exist had I not introduced their captain to some lords that are rather jealous of their anonymity. Considering who these lords are, I decided to unravel the mystery in a manner that would conceal what I was investigating, I suspect that is what the Coldbrooks noticed and jumped to their conclusions."
Theomore pauses, building up to the reveal. "
What I imagine that everyone else has missed, however, is that Lord Bracken colluded with these sellswords to cover up the acts of his men. Including gathering loot from the soldiers that carried out the deed and leave it to be found with the sellswords."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Walton rubbed his chin while listening in silence, nodding with his had slowly -I see... Can You tell us anything more about those sellswords or lords involved in the case?- Ser Garred took his legs off the table and straightened up in his chair -Maybe Your current company doesn't suit You best, Ser? We can double Your honorary guard with my boys, if that's Your wish. Just to be sure You aren't mistreated or Your actions encumbered...- saluted with wine to emphasize his words. Walton agreed with nod, then took the jug of wine and offered refilling anyone's cup. Garred reached his cup without hesitation -If there is anything what we could do to aid You, Theomore, please just say, have no anxiety. It would be an honor and pleasure to us. I believe that during last days we worked out pretty damn well trust and valuation of each other to share our concerns. If there are any, of course...- Walton was looking into Theomore's eyes, cautiously trying to read something from his war companion's face.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:58 pm

"
Their captain is a man I fought with on the stepstones, ser, the men are primarily veterans of that war, along with assorted soldiers of fortune from the Riverlands, the hand that pays them is one I would not think would collude with the Brackens on this, I could mention names, but these are men most unwise to anger, so I would prefer not to."

"
The likely motivation I can think of is that the lords behind these men will do anything to avoid trouble with the Dornish, a goal I share, but I had hoped that simply omitting the word Dornish from the treaty would suffice."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:10 pm

-If we can't do anything about sellswords and lords they served, then we must simply focus on dismissing charges against Your person.- Walton spread his hands in gesture of helplessness. -Our Septon, Arlyn, has pretty good relations with Lady Corrine and some other people, who are involved in case. Maybe we could ask him for that act of kindness? He is wise and loyal servant of my Lord Father, I vouch for him- put clasped fist on his heart.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:03 am

Ser Garred added -I heard the other day thay Arlyn was talking with Your younger brother... Terren, about those Dornish caravans. Indeed, would be good to invite one of them here. If I could suggest, Arlyn would be best...- there was obvious antipathy in Garred's voice when he was mentioning Terren, almost contempt. -Ser?- Walton asked Theomore about his opinion
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:20 am

"
But of course, ser."
Involving the septon would be good, this Terren he knew not. "
As for the offer regarding myself, I do not believe myself to be in physical harm, what I fear the most is that I have enemies that will feed the tribunal falsehood, though I know not if that will be as damaging as someone with a righteous heart forming flawed conclusions on circumstantial evidence and hunches."

"
Master Yoren and Lord Ereth have invited me to supper with Ironrod later today, an opinion that I share with them is that it would be best for everyone if the cases of myself and Lord Baelon were to be judged upon by Lord Tully at Riverrun once the treaty has been delivered. I would be able to share my knowledge more freely, and Lord Gorman is experienced enough to more easily see the truth of things, and the truth I have no fear of. If that motion is one house Dulver could support, it would please me greatly to have your permission to relay this to Ironrod."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 am

Garred pointed with his head towards entrance and young page quickly rushed out to send order to find Septon Arlyn immediately. -Cerwyn, my Page. He's good boy, will be great knight one day, I guarantee- Garred explained to Theomore with smile of satisfaction. Walton did not pay attention to that, just replied to Tullison's knight -I don't think there should be any problems with that, Ser. Lord Tully is Your liege, so that's natural that he is the first one to judge Your case. Refusal of what You ask for would be great indiscretion and snub, I don't think anyone will even think to oppose that.- Walton looked on Garred to confirm his words. -Yes, my Lord. It would be politically incorrect, indeed...- gave himself moment to think, wrinkles appeared on old captain's head -Only men, who can judge Theomore, is Lord Tully... and our Good King. Refusing right to be under decree of Lord Paramount of Riverlands would be madness, I don't think Marsten girl would decide to oppose that. And ifshe would, Lord Paramount of Vale will not let any tensions to happen because of such a trinket, Walt- lowered his head in humility, but on his face appeared very nasty and triumphant smile. Walton added -Is it the only business You have to Ironrod, Ser? I heard he is great knight and influential man, maybe we should send someone from our delegation also, if that's not impediment?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:00 pm

The page scrambles through the camp searching for the Septon, jumping over puddles and calling out for the Septon. Finally he gets to the Septon's quarters and asks the gaurd "
where is Septon Arlyn?"
Panting and out of breath.

"
He was preparing to travel to the warriors seat, said som'n 'about needing to finish his research "
states the gaurd blandly.

Nodding the boy takes off in that direction hoping to find the Septon before be left camp.

(Reader, can Septon Arlyn join this thread, I already have a thread going on in the warriors seat, but I think it is supposed to be early evening, and a thread in Penny trees, but I think that is where the Dulver's moved their camp)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:53 pm

"
For my part, yes."
Theomore replies as to the matter of ironrod. "
It was Lord Ereth that arranged for the meeting, he may have other things he wishes to discuss, and it was he who arranged for my invitation, ser. While I would find a Dulver welcome at his table, it is not for me to say."

"
Though it may be fortuitous if someone from the delegation, a squire perhaps, is present at Warrior's Seat should Ironrod wish for confirmation."

[I don't know if we want to clutter that thread with more people, or if it's prudent to do so IC either.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:"
For my part, yes."
Theomore replies as to the matter of ironrod. "
It was Lord Ereth that arranged for the meeting, he may have other things he wishes to discuss, and it was he who arranged for my invitation, ser. While I would find a Dulver welcome at his table, it is not for me to say."

"
Though it may be fortuitous if someone from the delegation, a squire perhaps, is present at Warrior's Seat should Ironrod wish for confirmation."

[I don't know if we want to clutter that thread with more people, or if it's prudent to do so IC either.]

[OOC: that's not necessarily :;
): let's just wait for Septon, if he can jump]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:The page scrambles through the camp searching for the Septon, jumping over puddles and calling out for the Septon. Finally he gets to the Septon's quarters and asks the gaurd "
where is Septon Arlyn?"
Panting and out of breath.

"
He was preparing to travel to the warriors seat, said som'n 'about needing to finish his research "
states the gaurd blandly.

Nodding the boy takes off in that direction hoping to find the Septon before be left camp.

(Reader, can Septon Arlyn join this thread, I already have a thread going on in the warriors seat, but I think it is supposed to be early evening, and a thread in Penny trees, but I think that is where the Dulver's moved their camp)

[OOC: permission granted.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 pm

The page spots the big red robes walking next to his palfrey, brown spot on its rump. The palfrey was white and brown spotted, and obnoxiously large to handle the man's bulk, but obviously had a lot of apple treats from the Septon's generous hand. "
Septon Arlyn!"
Calls the Paige, leggings slightly damp and muddy. "
Ser Garred and Ser Walton wish to summon you,"

"
I'm on my way to finish my research,"
explains the Septon

"
Your grace, they have a man from the Tullison's there. I think he is a knight or someth'n'"

"
Something"
Septon Arlyn lazily corrects. "
Alright I'm on my way"
Septon Arlyn turns around and heads back to the Dulver's main pavilion. As he approaches he sees the Marsten Gaurds dicing outside of the tent with some of Dulver's men. must be Theomore, I doubt Baelon would be paying us a visit at the same time as a knight from house Tullison.

Entering the tent his suspicions were confirmed. "
Good afternoon, Ser Theomore."
He smiles at the heir, Ser Walton Ser Garred, we had a good time on the bear hunt eh? That Luecian Longbow is making quite a name for himself. Is there something I can help my Lord's with? Asks Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 pm

"
And to you as well, good septon."
Theomore nods. "
Ser Walton suggested that I should share my knowledge of what has transpired here with you."
With a gesture he signals that the septon should find a seat or something like that, it wasn't really his tent, so a deferential nod to Walton was required. "
Give me a moment please, to better formulate my thoughts. The good knights here have already heard the rushed version"

"
I shall start at the beginning, I was here on the first day, the site of the raid showed signs of the work of Bracken heavy cavalry, the tactics being used, the general knowledge of the terrain needed, as well as shields and other effects carrying the stallion of Stone Hedge, the villagers reported to have seen Bracken men peddling Dornish goods with several saying that they would keep some of it for themselves."

"
In addition, I learned of a sellsword company having camp in the area, so I paid them a visit as well, using my past association with their commander to see if I might discern their purpose, their location seemed out of place, but everything else seemed in order, so I did not push the issue, though I did ask someone I know to make some inquiries, had I been more suspicious, then I might have been able to avert the raids that followed, but alas, there was much else to occupy my mind as well, and I must add that there are powerful men behind these sellswords, I can only speculate who might be giving them orders, but I am unwilling to risk drawing attention to myself as the one who exposed them."

"
Next, I went to Lord Haig, the man may be many things, but he would never be so foolish as to allow his men to disrupt commerce like so. I believed that he would be willing to discipline his men and right this wrong on his own accord, and that he promised, he would even collect such ill-gotten gains there was to be found and deliver them to us, when I came by to check on the next day, nothing was there to pick up. Which was a surprise, though the fact that Lord Haig at first appeared to be rather surprised at the notion that his men had carried out raids did lend credence to the theory that someone else might be involved, which made the presence of the sellswords more curious."

"
And then we learned of the second raids, I let the Longshores know where I found them, seeing that I would prefer to let it appear as if someone else discovered their presence without my aid, the sellswords were responsible for the second raids, of that I am sure, but proceeds from both those and that of the Dornish Caravan was found, at this point I believed that the sellswords were blaming House Bracken, perhaps hoping for harsher punishment or instigating trouble with Dorne and using a convenient scapegoat."

"
Until I returned from the field last night to reports from my informants that the raids had been carried out by different groups, and that proceeds from the first raid had indeed been collected at Warrior's Seat, the amounts consistent with what the Longshores found in the sellsword camp. There is obviously a connection, but it appears that the trail beyond what I know for certain has grown cold."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:40 pm

After finding a seat on a study camp chair, Septon Arlyn nods along with the knights words, taking it in and not interrupting. "
I was on my way to investigate Pennytree myself. So you say that the sellsword company has disappeared? How difficult could it be to track 20 men with horses. Maybe our experienced trackers could help track down these men and find some answers?"
Septon Arlyn was curious and his voice intoned it. "
Garred, we have some trackers that we brought with us right? Lueican and yourself are both skilled in such matters, prehaps later we can all go attempt to find were these men went off to."

"
So you can not name these powerful men for fear of your own safety. that is well enough, but prehaps there is some breadcumbs you can point us in the direction of. It would appear that the second attack would have been means to cover up the first. And there were stories of a peddler who had some credible evidence but who has left town suddenly. Would it be possible for you to help us track this man down. If we could get the physical evidence from him it would make some of our other witnesses testimony much more credible."

"
I agree with you on your assessment of Lord Haig,"
But That does not rule him out as culpable for trying to cover up his mens first attacks, as you have cleverly not hinted. This will require more investigation. "
You seem to think that these sellswords would attempt to profit on the brackens involvement and the charge from the kings banner. But Ser Theomore, why would these men attempt to attack the village of penny tree and less defended and more rich targets of the caravans. For the rumours are that it was the brackens attacking the caravan, not the village. Wouldn't that change lead to more questions about the attack? Also would it not make it seem an obvious attempt to either frame the Brackens, or conversely attempt to cover up the Brackens involvement?"
asks Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:25 pm

"
It was my understanding that the second attacks targeted merchants and other villagers unfortunate enough to be outside the walls, Pennytree does have good stone protecting it, after all?"
Theomore strokes his chin. "
If I were to guess, I would expect them to be headed for Maidenpool, but pursuit? These men are mounted and have a three day head start. Perhaps a subtle man might follow and learn"

"
And coverup or frame does indeed seems to be the likely motivations, I have a feeling that a coverup made to look like a frame is the most likely. These men would not resort to banditry when they can fetch greater pay in the employ of wealthy lords, a war is coming and men with experience from the Stepstones will be in high demand."

Nothing was likely to come of any of that, Ser Robert was no fool.

"
This merchant? What sort of assistance are you looking for to find him?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:59 pm

"
That might very well be true, but it's our duty to try and find out what happened there, "
comments Septon Arlyn about the sell swords. "
Well, it appears to be that the merchant who brought the silks and such disappeared around the time of the second attack on Pennytree."
The Septon explains. "
His testimony and physical evidence would be very helpful in discovering the truth."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:19 pm

"
I do believe I have met him, the man told me that he had purchased such goods from Bracken men at arms, and that a fair number of them were keeping some for themselves."
Theomore scratches his chin. "
I was here before the second raids, and even then there was fear and indignation over the lack of protection the village has received, it has become considerably worse after or so I hear, maybe he fled? Maybe he is in hiding. I have not heard from the man that I had investigating Pennytree since the wildfire attack, so I am afraid that I cannot be of much help in tracking him down."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:27 am

"
A fair number were keeping their ill gotten good to themselves? That is a shame that we could not find any thing morning when searching the stables. Maybe it could be that they have them moved to their barracks, or somewhere else in the Warriors Sear."
Muses Septon Arlyn. "
So you met this merchant then? Can you describe what he looks like to me? If he has any relations or business partners in the Village perhaps? Someone that could let us know where he went so we can track him down? The evidence he could provide would be most helpful..."

"
Could you perhaps tell us the names of some sellsword companies you have heard of? It may be that we can use that information to help find out if Lord Bracken had a connection to these sellswords and disprove his involvement in this mess, or more adequately prove a connection to this possible coverup."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:37 am

"
I hope I mentioned that I know these sellswords from before?"
Theomore thinks he did. "
I fought with their captain at the Stepstones, I could give you their name, but unless Ser Garred here manages to track them down to ask it of them, the lords paying them will know that you learned it from me."

"
But if someone had asked if Lord Haig or anyone in House Bracken might have hired these men, I would have thought it impossible until I learned that proceeds from the Dornish raids had found their way from Warrior's Seat and into their hands. And that leaves enough questions open to trouble me. Surely, someone with the trust of Lord Haig must have had a hand in this, but these sellswords would not be here if powerful men in the circle of the princess did not wish it to be so."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Ser Garredwas clearly unpleased "
What's the damned difference will I learn something from You or by investigation? And if we form troops together, we can track those sellswords and do what we want- no one will question our decisions, if we will have proof that it's not honorable band, but group of brigands and bandits!"
old Captain hitthe table with his clasped fist at the end of his speech.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next